• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Zaph

Am I correct in thinking the PAX wrestling panel is in 4 hours time, and the GB panel in 9?

PAXAMANIA III: The Return Of Bad Video Game Wrestling
t1489266000z1.png

Giant Bomb panel
t1489284000z1.png

Excited for Paxamania. It's always been a fun, dumb thing, but they've really been stepping it up recently.

The awesome music and visuals in the few moments leading up to a blood moon in BotW really makes me wish they went for "creepy" more often. (I'm almost scared for my play activity to start showing hours for Zelda, I can't imagine how much I've played so far, before even getting one of the four divine beasts.)

Rainmaker

Banned
you would think Orton vs Styles would've been a cool first-time match for Mania but here we are with that match wasted on a Smackdown and yeah, Harper should've definitely been added to the WM match. Dude is legit

And now he has nothing. Hell, I'd rather see Harper V AJ again than AJ V Shane which seems to be where they're going.

The entire PPV feels like a fuck-you to fans and talent alike.

AJ Styles has been easily the best talent they have had for over a year now, and he gets the gimmick Shane match as a thank you. New Day have carried the entire tag team division on their backs for an unreasonably long amount of time, and they don't even get a spot on the card. Big Show is in the best shape of his career and has actually had a decent match recently, and he's going to get to fight Shaq if he's lucky. Braun Strowman is maybe the best brand-split success story in the entire company, and he gets predictably fed to Roman Reigns and will likely only have an appearance in the Andre thing (which he'll likely win, to be fair). I could keep going, but it's amazing how they seem to have fucked up every portion of the show in some way.

The worst thing is Goldberg vs Lesnar is closing the show, the true main event.

As for Paxamania, it looks like The Wolf is getting Strowmanned on the card.

It's going to be so upsetting if/when this happens since the entire main story of Smackdown for an entire month leading into Mania is how SD guys are going to main event.

Probably gonna get in trouble for too much wrestling talk but yeah this wouldn't be the first time the Rumble winner wasn't in the main event. In their weird world, "main event" means one of the key matches on the card, not the last match. It's lame.

Rainmaker

Banned
The entire PPV feels like a fuck-you to fans and talent alike.

AJ Styles has been easily the best talent they have had for over a year now, and he gets the gimmick Shane match as a thank you. New Day have carried the entire tag team division on their backs for an unreasonably long amount of time, and they don't even get a spot on the card. Big Show is in the best shape of his career and has actually had a decent match recently, and he's going to get to fight Shaq if he's lucky. Braun Strowman is maybe the best brand-split success story in the entire company, and he gets predictably fed to Roman Reigns and will likely only have an appearance in the Andre thing (which he'll likely win, to be fair). I could keep going, but it's amazing how they seem to have fucked up every portion of the show in some way.

Don't forget they threw away Charlotte's PPV streak a month before Mania too!

Rainmaker

Banned
Totally agree it never meant anything (and was actually pretty stupid) but to just throw away something they built like that was dumb.

LiK

Everytime people talk about wrestling I can't help but think that everyone watching it hates it and themselves.

Considering that Alex and Dan don't even wanna do a Powerbombcast because of how bad it's been is quite revealing.

Hasney

Everytime people talk about wrestling I can't help but think that everyone watching it hates it and themselves.

Smackdowns really fun right now, but as Raw is the main show, things get bad all over when they build to the combined PPVs like Mania.

I am weak so Ill watch wrestlemania but even now my wrasslin' watching is minimal and basically checking youtube some weeks and if anything else blows up on twitter ill check that too.

So far I must say its totally a good way to watch wrestling. I am maybe watching 15 minutes of it a week and feel like I am missing out on nothing.

Top Bottom