• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Lunar FC

So people complained UPF was boring, they weren't putting any effort or not playing games they were actually interested in.

And their response is to do a show once a month where they don't have to prepare anything at all

Their usual answer to when a series starts sucking is the cancel it. So...this is..better?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Who's on that Film & 40's podcast thingie? GB guys or guest podcasters? Never saw this.

So people complained UPF was boring, they weren't putting any effort or not playing games they were actually interested in.

And their response is to do a show once a month where they don't have to prepare anything at all

at least they're trying to mix it up

granted, "fuck it, you do it" (in regards to both the calls and the Steam requests) is maybe the least interesting way to do that, but it's a start

Ashby

Jeff is a very conscientious person. That was kind of cute how he started to go into answering this caller's question right now then had a moment where he was like, "Oh shit! I forgot to thank them for calling"

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the F&F movie (own the bluray) with the Film and 40s podcast on. It was a fun time, but since I've seen that movie so many times I got kinda bored in the middle. Hearing Vinny and Dan react to the good parts of that movie was wonderful though. Really glad they started this up.

I really wish I could call in just to tell Jeff to stop doing Call in shows. These are the absolute worst! Seriously, this isn't even worth watching/listening to. I loved UPF the way it was, even if it wasn't the best, at least it was a billion times better than this crap.

crush7337

Banned
If I'm mostly interested in Yakuza 0 for the story/tone am I missing anything by just watching Beast in the East and not playing it? The brawler gameplay looks alright, but the open world doesn't seem like something you can fuck around in like GTA or a Sleeping Dogs so I'm not sure how much I'd gain by playing it myself.

Not sure if I should try and find time to fit in the already loaded plate of Horizon, Zelda, and Mass Effect in the next month.

If I'm mostly interested in Yakuza 0 for the story/tone am I missing anything by just watching Beast in the East and not playing it? The brawler gameplay looks alright, but the open world doesn't seem like something you can fuck around in like GTA or a Sleeping Dogs so I'm not sure how much I'd gain by playing it myself.

Not sure if I should try and find time to fit in the already loaded plate of Horizon, Zelda, and Mass Effect in the next month.

You probably won't miss the main story beats, but the side stuff is great and I'm sure they'll miss some of those.

That and the pace they are going, it's going take a few months to get through.

I have Hyrule Historia and Art and Artifacts. Nintendo really puts other game art books to shame.

[EDIT] It's funny that Jeff wanted to buy that without the vinyl, while all the game vinyl folks wanted desperately to buy the record without the other stuff.

Wunder

Like the other poster said, you won't miss any major plot points, it's impossible to miss those while progressing. The most likely thing you would miss out on is the conclusion to the longer mini-games that unlock around Chapter 6/7. You have to spend a bit of time on those and there's some cutscenes/interactions and an overall story arc to those. There are also some longer sub stories that they may miss just by virtue of not revisiting the area again or not hitting that area during the story. There are some friendships that require you to go in and out of a shop and/or play something like 5-6 times.

wtf Rorie doesn't have security access?!

I have Hyrule Historia and Art and Artifacts. Nintendo really puts other game art books to shame.

That BotW Deluxe guide...

81WDfL5bwTL.jpg

Top Bottom