• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

kai3345

Banned
Five minutes in and Alex is already spoiling something for no reason. I mean, it's not a giant plot point or anything, but why even do it? What's the point of saying no to something, and then a second later being like "...yet!"

yeah alex's lack of hesitation in spoiling stuff for this series has been p lame. jeff was great in the tokyo drift episode about cutting alex off and just telling vinny and dan to watch the movie

robotrock

Banned
Misconceptions about what HDR actually is seems like more of an issue to pin on the TV manufacturers themselves for not getting their shit together when it came to standardizing the tech. It's still a pretty huge mess out there for that stuff.

I can forever be mad at Brad Shoemaker for spoiling a game I won't play but I will never be mad at them for not understanding HDR.

ShaqFu_slide.jpg

I saw these in the store the other day. I bought the pineapple one and it wasn't terrible. I like that Shaq-Fu is still a thing.

kiguel182

I feel like writing that the whole "frog struck by lighting" was a running line that was cut from the final cut. It was supposed to make sense but since they cut the pay-off it turned out much worse.

Also, Joss Wheadon was the one that came up with it I think.

I could write a correction to the correction but I'll just write it here. I'm lazy, sue me!

EDIT: Someone already pointed it out. I wanted to be like "NOOO, that's a wrong correction".

kiguel182

Man, I love the BeastCast. This week things were a little all over the place with little video-game talk but it's just so fun and energetic. These dudes are just great at riffing with each other and being funny and the humor really vibes with me.

I've said this already but I need to keep singing the praises of it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Man, I love the BeastCast. This week things were a little all over the place with little video-game talk but it's just so fun and energetic. These dudes are just great at riffing with each other and being funny and the humor really vibes with me.

Have to be honest, I'm kinda falling off the beastcast train.

I'm up to the Carnival in NieR. I don't want specifics, but does this game get any better in terms of enemy variety and combat? So far it seems super easy and a lot of enemies are just passive and ignore me.

Jennipeg

I just learnt that US money is weird, and I also failed the Middle Earth, Middle England quiz. It was a fun show.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What don't you like about it?

Not saying you shouldn't dislike it, just curious

It just feels like half impromptu comedy hour half random conversions. I mean, it's still my second podcast of choice but since I currently barely have time to listen to one podcast I'd rather stick with the bombcast and skip the beastcast.

Mr. F

Banned
It just feels like half impromptu comedy hour half random conversions. I mean, it's still my second podcast of choice but since I currently barely have time to listen to one podcast I'd rather stick with the bombcast and skip the beastcast.

Depending on how much there is to talk about in a given week this is something that's been bugging me a tiny bit lately too. Alex in particular has a lot of really long drawn out sarcastic non sequiturs or additions to a joke that get kind of grating

kiguel182

I just learnt that US money is weird, and I also failed the Middle Earth, Middle England quiz. It was a fun show.

I also learned that Alex's favorite band is Real Big Fish.

Yeah, I get that. I mean, that's part of the reason I enjoy it so much but I can see how that can be a turn off.

Meguro

Banned
Whaaat was that off-brand Bombing Mission song in the Greenhouse?
I kept expecting Cloud and Barret to jump into the scene.

Mupod

my 40 is ready. I had the previous 4 all lined up by the window and it's a good kind of shameful, no reason to stop now.

Haven't seen even 1 second of 5, 6 or 7 so I'm looking forward to this tonight.

Within like 15 minutes Darksheer has aqcuired a screwdriver, used it, thrown it away because he no longer needed it, and then located another one. I like adventure games, but the "one item;one use" trope makes the world seem so gamey.

Within like 15 minutes Darksheer has aqcuired a screwdriver, used it, thrown it away because he no longer needed it, and then located another one. I like adventure games, but the "one item;one use" trope makes the world seem so gamey.

Not all adventure games are like that

Just this one. This one is very special.

Top Bottom