• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

indmvsni.gif

Snake Pass looks both fun and boring and I can't wrap my brain around how that's possible

the game's movement/controls/physics are all unique and what keeps it engaging, but it's ultimately veryyy simple. I've found that it's nice in short bursts, making the switch version more ideal for my own use case. it's a cute game with some nice lil challenges, hard to dislike it really

Yeah, these Nier side quests have some fun writing, but they're just so fucking boring from a gameplay perspective, especially when the main content is so nuts and compelling. I think I'm gonna mainline it too.

Platinum needs to just focus on linear experiences. It's what they excel at. The open world in this doesn't need to be here at all.
I'm not sure I'd even call it an open world to be honest. The game's world isn't structured much differently from a standard RPG and it works pretty similarly to the first Nier which no one called open world.

So how do you guys watch Film and 40's? I load the files up into Adobe Premiere and sync them together that way. I set my TV to be the preview monitor and watch it that way although adjusting the audio can be a pain as you have to remember to pause first before adjusting. Without pausing, the audio doesn't change at all besides at the exact point when you lowered it because it'll create a keyframe instead of adjusting the entire track. I could just watch it the normal way, but I pause a lot and probably wouldn't be able to re-sync it. I could just edit down the podcast to start at the beginning of the sync, but I would still have to do some work to re-sync.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So how do you guys watch Film and 40's? I load the files up into Adobe Premiere and sync them together that way. I set my TV to be the preview monitor and watch it that way although adjusting the audio can be a pain as you have to remember to pause first before adjusting. Without pausing, the audio doesn't change at all besides at the exact point when you lowered it because it'll create a keyframe instead of adjusting the entire track. I could just watch it the normal way, but I pause a lot and probably wouldn't be able to re-sync it. I could just edit down the podcast to start at the beginning of the sync, but I would still have to do some work to re-sync.

I put the disc in, then I have a single earbud in my ear connected to my phone and I sync it up. I have gotten to be a zen master at getting them synced up when they bring up the audio.

Curufinwe

I watch it on the TV and listen to the podcast on my phone with headphones, so I just have to sync them manually.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Movie on the TV, podcast on the lappy. I've gotten very good at syncing it up also

I put the disc in, then I have a single earbud in my ear connected to my phone and I sync it up. I have gotten to be a zen master at getting them synced up when they bring up the audio.

I watch it on the TV and listen to the podcast on my phone with headphones, so I just have to sync them manually.

Movie on the TV, podcast on the lappy. I've gotten very good at syncing it up also

I should probably do it like you guys and think less about the whole process. I should just enjoy it, but something about me just wants it to be perfect :p

What I'm probably going to do is edit down the podcast leaving 25 seconds before they start the movie in front so the time stamp matches with the movie :D

Curufinwe

I should probably do it like you guys and think less about the whole process. I should just enjoy it, but something about me just wants it to be perfect :p

What I'm probably going to do is edit down the podcast leaving 25 seconds before they start the movie in front so the time stamps match with the movie :D

It got out of sync for me a lot on F5 so it's not the best process.

Tubobutts

Haven't listened to this weeks Beastcast, but it seems like the podcast is turning more and more into My Brother My Brother and Me which is not what I want. They keep doing these name X things about a country, is this word a transformer or a computer part, what do I do if someone leans back in an airplane seat... I worry if they keep down this path it will end up being a life advice podcast where people are asking the best way to get out of the friend zone and ask a girl out.
Hopefully I'm dead before they go that far.

Mupod

I believe F5 had export issues that caused it to go out of sync. Jetlag on videogames.com ended up fixing the error with FFMPEG and put up a guide which I ended up using

oh, at the time my 40-addled brain thought I just had the wrong version of the movie, or something. Yeah that got annoying.

pizzacat

Banned
This is a really hard tonal shift for Destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6chJJlMs0jI

not only that cayde 6 has always mentioned loot as loot, hes a hoarder who likes his stuff, one of the first missions he gives you is going to a secret "loot" place of his to help hide his ship. So its not like he's breaking the 4th wall like some people have likened him to deadpool (not you but some)

the titan commander in the trailer was still acting his same old same old of talking about a certain thing as if its the most important thing ever (and this time he has the right to do so)

also this character might not have been the one to be like this from the beginning but bungie always had the plan to have a character like it

http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

"One person familiar with the original story described the Crow as rogueish and charming, not unlike Nathan Fillion's character, Cayde-6, in the most recent expansion. ”Basically, who Cayde-6 is in The Taken King was the personality of the Crow"

but when you got nathan fillion in your cast list and need the han solo of your story to speak uh yeah youre gonna use him

Mupod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6chJJlMs0jI

not only that cayde 6 has always mentioned loot as loot, hes a hoarder who likes his stuff, one of the first missions he gives you is going to a secret "loot" place of his to help hide his ship. So its not like he's breaking the 4th wall like some people have likened him to deadpool (not you but some)

the titan commander in the trailer was still acting his same old same old of talking about a certain thing as if its the most important thing ever (and this time he has the right to do so)

I don't really get the backlash over it. I thought it was a fun way to show the two leaders' different ways of motivating people. Also if you hate Robot Nathan Fillion then we have no common ground anyways.

BearPawB

Banned
I don't really get the backlash over it. I thought it was a fun way to show the two leaders' different ways of motivating people. Also if you hate Robot Nathan Fillion then we have no common ground anyways.

It's a fine trailer for what it is.
But it is an awful trailer to announce a game/tell you anything that actually matters.

This was their first full impression to give. And we know nothing.

That is why it is a bad trailer

pizzacat

Banned
Oh hoho a JAPANESSSSE ROLE PLAYING GAME? That's just preposterous! ILS EST FOUS, as the man from PARI would say. *sips tea*

btw this has been a beastcast joke for like 4 podcasts in a row

But it is an awful trailer to announce a game/tell you anything that actually matters.

your characters shit is gone

but heres new game to get more shit

the message is clear for anyone who played destiny after its first week

also anyone who paid attention to what little is in destiny could tell you that yeah the cabal (bad guy) were never really expanded upon and never had their time to shine, and them destroying (destroying) the central hub(home) is a bad thing

BearPawB

Banned
your characters shit is gone

but heres new game to get more shit

the message is clear for anyone who played destiny after its first week

also anyone who paid attention to what little is in destiny could tell you that yeah the cabal (bad guy) were never really expanded upon and never had their time to shine, and them destroying (destroying) the central hub(home) is a bad thing

And boy is that a god awful way to sell a videogame to me.

Plenty of games have loot. Plenty of games have shitty generic bad guys.

A destiny 2 trailer should tell me what they are changing to make the game better. not "HEY GUYS, LOOT"

And I played a good deal of Destiny

oti

Banned
And boy is that a god awful way to sell a videogame to me.

Plenty of games have loot. Plenty of games have shitty generic bad guys.

A destiny 2 trailer should tell me what they are changing to make the game better. not "HEY GUYS, LOOT"

And I played a good deal of Destiny

But they can get away with it. They know they have by far the best first person shooter right now.

There is the gameplay reveal in May, E3 in June, the beta this summer. Why would Bungo want to show everything immediately? They have enough time before launch to explain why this game is different than D1.

repeater

We should totally start sending a million copies of Starcraft to Alex now. Bakalar can get some for good measure.

I've been away.. anything good come out of the AMA?

Hindl

Snake Pass seems like a fun game to have on Switch.

Yeah I wasn't really thinking about it until the QL but it looks cool. Especially since it seems like it'll be best in short bursts. Also, I dunno I feel weird, I'm with Dan where I just want everything on Switch. But at the same time, I feel like I want all those games just to have more on Switch, and there are games that if they were only on PC or PS4 I wouldn't consider, but I'll think about buying them if they're on the Switch. Just feels weird

BearPawB

Banned
There is the gameplay reveal in May, E3 in June, the beta this summer. Why would Bungo want to show everything immediately? They have enough time before launch to explain why this game is different than D1.

I'm not saying they don't have time to get there.
We are talking about why this particular trailer was disappointing.
CGI nongameplay trailers will always be more disappointing compared to gameplay trailers.

I think maybe if it hadn't been leaked/if the trailer release hadn't been hyped people would be more up on it.

But i started the trailer going "cool, i can't wait to see what they are doing with destiny 2"
And then leaving the trailer going "cool, I can't wait to see what they are doing with destiny 2" That's a meh trailer.

robotrock

Banned
I'm not saying they don't have time to get there.
We are talking about why this particular trailer was disappointing.
CGI nongameplay trailers will always be more disappointing compared to gameplay trailers.

I think maybe if it hadn't been leaked/if the trailer release hadn't been hyped people would be more up on it.

But i started the trailer going "cool, i can't wait to see what they are doing with destiny 2"
And then leaving the trailer going "cool, I can't wait to see what they are doing with destiny 2" That's a meh trailer.

Not really. Seems like you still can't wait to see what they are doing with Destiny 2.

I assume that kind of excitement is something they want to take advantage of.

Top Bottom