• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Yeah I wasn't really thinking about it until the QL but it looks cool. Especially since it seems like it'll be best in short bursts. Also, I dunno I feel weird, I'm with Dan where I just want everything on Switch. But at the same time, I feel like I want all those games just to have more on Switch, and there are games that if they were only on PC or PS4 I wouldn't consider, but I'll think about buying them if they're on the Switch. Just feels weird

I've been feeling that way too! I hope a ton of indie games end up on Switch, because I'm far more inclined to play them if they do.

I really havent a clue what I will call my Persona 5 character.

Every character I have made for like 5 years, male or female has been Charlie but this just doesnt seem right.

Plus there is the added pressure of also needing a second name too? Thats twice as much work as naming a kid.

robotrock

Banned

Every character I have made for like 5 years, male or female has been Charlie but this just doesnt seem right.

Plus there is the added pressure of also needing a second name too? Thats twice as much work as naming a kid.

I use my real name and it's super weird

Hindl

If I want to play Nier at some point, should I watch the Playdate or just skip it till I played it

Not really, except I guess there was a mini-boss battle, so if you're sensitive to that type of stuff then don't. But it starts only an hour into the game, right after where the prologue leaves off I think

Larry Codoku

Billy Mayones

Mupod

And boy is that a god awful way to sell a videogame to me.

Plenty of games have loot. Plenty of games have shitty generic bad guys.

A destiny 2 trailer should tell me what they are changing to make the game better. not "HEY GUYS, LOOT"

And I played a good deal of Destiny

Let's compare it to the Halo Wars 2 reveal then. Both trailers are doing the same thing - all CG, and trying to play up the new big bad. Similarities between Brutes and Cabal merely coincidental.

Halo Wars 2's trailer/reveal thing was so self-serious and over dramatic that it made me want to cringe my face inside out. It's something I'd have expected to come out of Destiny 1 marketing. Destiny 2's trailer shows that they're maintaining the tone and character focus of The Taken King, and that's good news to me.

Of course I'd have preferred gameplay and a rundown of what they're changing, who wouldn't. But I'm fine with it for now.

Wunder

Let's compare it to the Halo Wars 2 reveal then. Both trailers are doing the same thing - all CG, and trying to play up the new big bad. Similarities between Brutes and Cabal merely coincidental.

Halo Wars 2's trailer/reveal thing was so self-serious and over dramatic that it made me want to cringe my face inside out. It's something I'd have expected to come out of Destiny 1 marketing. Destiny 2's trailer shows that they're maintaining the tone and character focus of The Taken King, and that's good news to me.

Of course I'd have preferred gameplay and a rundown of what they're changing, who wouldn't. But I'm fine with it for now.

yeah but halo wars 2 had that guy shooting a pistol like 8 times

Mupod

Shit, I always named my SMT/persona protagonists after Jojo characters. But it's popular now so that's not cool anymore.

Mupod

Yakuza 0 has a ton of cool names to borrow for Persona 5, now that I think about it. Hopefully Walking Erection is under the character limit.

Curufinwe

I'm just using the name from the manga.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nier automata true end.

I'll say this.

It's probably the first time where being bad at the game actually added to the experience haha.

Amazing game. I steamed to through the game till like 5am. Top contender for GotY, but I need more time for me to collate my thoughts. Especially considering that I'm very sleep deprived right now.

TraBuch

Banned
I just realized I've never actually seen Furious 7. Maybe I should watch it before next Friday since I know Alex is gonna spoil some trivial shit that will still annoy me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just realized I've never actually seen Furious 7. Maybe I should watch it before next Friday since I know Alex is gonna spoil some trivial shit that will still annoy me.
It's hard to spoil 7. There isn't much there to spoil necessarily. Especially with 8 still in the future.

Only thing I can conceivably see him spoiling is the tribute but that's not much to spoil. We know what happened there sadly.

Mr. F

Banned
Did they start ME from the beginning? I dunno if I can watch that same sequence for the 4th time between all the different streams/coverage over the past couple weeks

Sx8KAcE.gif

kjhg7s8h.gif

Ai6Cy8wl.png

m2AeDhKl.png

V: "She looked normal when I made her."

Did they start ME from the beginning? I dunno if I can watch that same sequence for the 4th time between all the different streams/coverage over the past couple weeks

They started on the planet before they get to the arc thing.

Top Bottom