• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'll be honest, the Horizon praise had me about 50-50 on not bothering with a Switch yet and finally grabbing a PS4 last week. But hearing both Dan and Austin gush about Breath of the Wild has me back on the Switch train

Phediuk

RBHKpFQ.gif

Well, Jeff would probably answer Zelda and Mass Effect for that question.

EzqS2R3.gif

"Hey guys, videogames industry here and i have a great idea. Let's release all these really long, really good videogames all in the same time period!"

I still have no idea why they don't spread the games out. Like I'm sure it's an investors thing but still, I don't think it's a bad idea to spread games throughout the year rather than just release a shitload of them in the beginning and end of the year. You got the fuckin summer people.

How am I going to play Horizon, Zelda, Mass Effect, and Persona when I basically have no free time? ��

Also, I don't really play games..

I'm currently juggling For Honor, Yakuza 0 and Nioh. Horizon, Switch & Zelda are coming in this week and I'll be getting Wildlands + Nier probably in the middle or end of March with Mass Effect. I always make time for gaming no matter how long or short the time is but even if I had all the time in the world I wouldn't be able to beat a game comfortably before jumping onto the next one, especially if it's an open world game which we have a ton of at the moment.

Sometimes you just gotta keep juggling.

jghbkqjqb.gif

juggling games suck. i hate when i game juggle. it usually means i don't finish either games ever.

I used to hate juggling but I learned how to be more focused and split my time with each game during my gaming time. It's either that or play a game too late when nobody is talking about it anymore. I guess it depends on the person in the end, I just learned how to juggle.

Wunder

juggling games suck. i hate when i game juggle. it usually means i don't finish either games ever.

Yeah, I've found whenever I tried to do that I forget game mechanics/controls and then get too intimidated to jump back in, so I've tried to consciously try and keep it to one single player game at a time.

Last chapter of yakuza needs to win sequence /moment if the year

Also I only play one single player at a Time.

Going to get selfsame and persona. Will play horizon during the summer when nothing is out

Tunoku

I'm currently struggling to find a game I can finish until Friday that won't take up too much of my time. I had grand plans to play TW101 and Trails in the Sky before March comes along, but there's no way I'm gonna be able to do that at this point. I procrastinate so much that I even do it when it comes to playing video games.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I still have no idea why they don't spread the games out. Like I'm sure it's an investors thing but still, I don't think it's a bad idea to spread games throughout the year rather than just release a shitload of them in the beginning and end of the year. You got the fuckin summer people.
There's a lot of reasons why. A lot of these dates are chosen months and months in advance with marketing and release strategies planned for those time periods as well as physical manufacturing being accounted for plus dev time cycles are pushed against these proposed dates. It's also not like everyone in the game industry is getting together talking about their projects and release schedules and strategies openly to make sure the calendar year is properly saturated.

What I'm saying is if someone were to push a game a few months out for another companies game it not only could potentially harm the budget as well as any projected revenue from the game thus inflating the needed recoup and possibly harming the game Dev's you also harm the face of the company. You want to believe in your product both in house and in public. Katowing to another game because it's bigger than you only hurts your image and it does. I've seen projected numbers before and after a delay against six month sell throughs after a delay. Not only is it a knock against the marketing strategy and budget it harms public image.

It's not very simple.

There's a lot of reasons why. A lot of these dates are chosen months and months in advance with marketing and release strategies planned for those time periods as well as physical manufacturing being accounted for plus dev time cycles are pushed against these proposed dates. It's also not like everyone in the game industry is getting together talking about their projects and release schedules and strategies openly to make sure the calendar year is properly saturated.

What I'm saying is if someone were to push a game a few months out for another companies game it not only could potentially harm the budget as well as any projected revenue from the game thus inflating the needed recoup and possibly harming the game Dev's you also harm the face of the company. You want to believe in your product both in house and in public. Katowing to another game because it's bigger than you only hurts your image and it does. I've seen projected numbers before and after a delay against six month sell throughs after a delay. Not only is it a knock against the marketing strategy and budget it harms public image.

It's not very simple.

Interesting stuff. I knew it isn't simple like many things in life aren't but man, it's like we got used to too many games coming out(usually very close to one another) only in the beginning and end of the year with probably indie or downloadable games spread throughout the year.

Ashby

If you want to keep liking Austin don't follow him on Twitter. He's weirdly combative there and it's a real turn off.

Jubbe

I have a clean slate at the moment. Finished Yakuza 0 yesterday and Nioh today. I'm going to Japan next weekend for 2 weeks, so I am going to try to pick up a Switch on Friday to play Zelda on the plane Saturday.

When Persona 5 launches that will be my top priority.

Mass Effect and Horizon might need to wait until the (Australian) winter.

Jothel

Some of my favourite content is the guys talking over press conferences, what are some of your favourite ones they talked over?

robotrock

Banned
Some of my favourite content is the guys talking over press conferences, what are some of your favourite ones they talked over?

I like the paris games week one with the WILD gameplay

I also like the EA one for the weed3 segment

also every ubisoft conference is hilarious

Top Bottom