• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm on a strict Zelda blackout cause if I listen to people gush about it I might just buy a Switch which would really stupid since I just bought a PS4 and can probably play BotW on a WiiU in a month or so once a friend of mine is done with it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was pretty ambivalent about zelda (it's pretty much "oh I got a switch, I'll get zelda I guess) but I must say the hype is getting to me.

Jintor

it's my candle in the darkness right now.

also it's like 60% certain to destroy me because i have an assignment worth 100% of my coursemark due three days after launch, assuming work doesn't kill me.

oti

Banned
dnnn20sev.gif

delete this gif off the internet

Strax

Since the Oscars are tonight I made a top 10 with my fav. 2016 movies

1. Zootopia
2. Arrival
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Lion
5. Midnight Special
6. Hacksaw Ridge
7. Eddie The Eagle
8. Loving
9. Moonlight
10. Demolition​

This was a terrible year for movies imo. Zootopia and Arrival are the only movies that would be on my 2015 list. I think all the movies in my top 10 are good but only Zootopia and Arrival are a future classic in my book. I didn't see Fences and Hidden Figures and those are the only english-speaking movies I haven't seen that maybe could've gotten on the list, me thinks.

oti

Banned
Xbox One Reveal (Jeff skype in, Ryan Brad J Allard freak out, reacting to dumb stuff)
rQ2IiXSl.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOR22bq-Bi8

XBOX AORRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA

1. Zootopia
2. Arrival
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Lion
5. Midnight Special
6. Hacksaw Ridge
7. Eddie The Eagle
8. Loving
9. Moonlight
10. Demolition​

This was a terrible year for movies imo. Zootopia and Arrival are the only movies that would be on my 2015 list. I think all the movies in my top 10 are good but only Zootopia and Arrival are a future classic in my book. I didn't see Fences and Hidden Figures and those are the only english-speaking movies I haven't seen that maybe could've gotten on the list, me thinks.

Movies are non-interactive pieces of trash.

oti

Banned
btw, why do they like this J Allard guy so much?

Oh man this Xbox One reveal.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

1. Zootopia
2. Arrival
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Lion
5. Midnight Special
6. Hacksaw Ridge
7. Eddie The Eagle
8. Loving
9. Moonlight
10. Demolition​

The hardest thing for me is to make a top 10 of the year for films because I have to wait for the films that I missed going to the theater to release on bluray and sometimes, that takes AGES. I thought that 2016 was a great year for films though from what I saw that come to mind at the moment which are Moonlight, Hacksaw Ridge, Deadpool, Deepwater Horizon, Swiss Army Man, The Witch, 10 Cloverfield Lane, The Nice Guys, Hail Caesar!, Elle, The Wailing, Train To Busan, The Shallows, Blood Father, Snowden, Hell or High Water, OJ Made in America, Zootopia, La La Land, Hunt For The Wilderpeople, Sully.etc

I still want to see Silence, The Edge of Seventeen, Midnight Special, Paterson, Arrival, Manchester By The Sea, Lion, The Handmaiden, Everybody Wants Some, Fences, Kubo and The Two Strings, Nocturnal Animals, American Honey, Captain Fantastic, The Neon Demon, Split, Everybody Wants Some, The Salesman, I Am Not a Serial Killer, Lights Out & Fences. Waiting for that blu on most of them.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't think I have seen a single movie in cinemas last year. I guess I saw Frozen 7 times with my nieces and nephews. That's a movie. Did that get an Oscar? I should get the "Best movie to blackmail young kids into cleaning up a room" Oscar.

Huh. I literally skimmed though the Xb1 reveal stream yesterday after it popped up on my youtube feed.

What a bad first impression. I think the only thing still the same since that presentation is EA and MS are still best buddies.

For the Scorpio reveal MS should do the opposite. Do a Cold Open and go right into a game that looks rad. No bullshit. Have a super tight show that moves fast.

Nah man, she is just down to ride.

I aint even mad at the reveal.

Gonna guess that side quest is maybe a bit too off to the side and requires you to dick around playing OutRun too much for the GBeast guys to discover it but I hope they do.

Those crotch sound effects and slow pan killed me.

Jebusman

Banned
I've never actually beat Outrun before, and playing it in Yakuza 0 was the first time I had.

I did it during the Electronic King challenge so it never saved the score/wasn't allowed to share or record it :(

Xater

I aint even mad at the reveal.

Gonna guess that side quest is maybe a bit too off to the side and requires you to dick around playing OutRun too much for the GBeast guys to discover it but I hope they do.

Those crotch sound effects and slow pan killed me.

It's a fucking great reveal. I lost it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my, I just saw the CNET Switch kickstand video. That has to be Bakalar after last week's Beastcast. Good thing he didn't show his face lol

edit: There's even a reaction video to it with 40k views iteself.
I hope they roast him next week.

Tunoku

The video has a point, but they shouldn't have presented it that way. Or maybe they should because it certainly got a bunch of clicks. Also, the top comment is "No words" by IGN, which makes it all worth it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just hope it gets brought up next beastcast.

Maybe like "And we have Jeff "13,000 dislikes" bakalar"

"Jeff Dislikalar.

Salarians

Tom Clancy's Blood Cocaine doesn't seem great

but holstering my guns and playing it as a hiking sim was alright

Edit:
WOW 19k dislikes on the video 👏🏻

SummitAve

Banned

1. Zootopia
2. Arrival
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Lion
5. Midnight Special
6. Hacksaw Ridge
7. Eddie The Eagle
8. Loving
9. Moonlight
10. Demolition​

I saw Kubo last night and it made Zootopia feel like a baby game.

oti

Banned
Feel bad for CNET, but I guess they gotta do what they gotta do for traffic.
They did a dumb thing. People laugh at them. Somebody else is going to make the next dumb thing tomorrow. People will laugh at that somebody. That's how the Internet works.

But the kickstand does in fact suck. They are not the first ones to say this.
You don't need this video to say that the kickstand sucks. You can perfectly communicate a hardware's faults without reaching for ridiculous scenarios. This is click bait. Plain and simple.

Top Bottom