• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Jintor

as someone who once aspired to make a 2d sidescrolling game i have come to realise i feel largely eh about them for the most part

Hoo-doo

Banned
Look, anyone who gets a white chocolate mocha definitely does not fuck.

iew_Aum.gif

What? I beg to differ, son. White chocolate rules everything around me.

W.C.R.E.A.M.

demidar

Speaking of the QL EX, looking at the wonderboy and man, it occured to me that I have not been interested in any 2D sidescrolling game in a long time. Other than indivisible (though it's not the 2D sidescrolling that got me interested in it) and odin's sphere (which is kinda an old ass game I played back in the day anyway), I seriously can't think of any in the last... 3 years.

I guess Night in the woods count?

I played Momodora Reverie Under the Moonlight which is the only recent 2d side scroller that comes to mind, and I really enjoyed it.

Seeing Jeff die in that game made me laugh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
as someone who once aspired to make a 2d sidescrolling game i have come to realise i feel largely eh about them for the most part

I think it's just the indie oversaturation of it. Like, I get it, I get why indies use that genre, but eh.

Also I just realised why I seem pretty into Night in the woods because I like, overuse like just as much as the main character. Also my mom is also weirdly into true crime stuff.

What? I beg to differ, son. White chocolate rules everything around me.

W.C.R.E.A.M.

Putting anything sweet into coffee is a crime.

If you want to make a game in 2017 and your first thought is a 2D Metroidvania-esque game, you should just go for an interview at McDonalds instead.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I think it's just the indie oversaturation of it. Like, I get it, I get why indies use that genre, but eh.

Also I just realised why I seem pretty into Night in the woods because I like, overuse like just as much as the main character. Also my mom is also weirdly into true crime stuff.

Putting anything sweet into coffee is a crime.

I guess you're right. I do actually drink my coffee black.
But you just happened to trigger my immediate defense-reflex for all things white chocolate.

I hope they get to (Yakuza 0 non-spoiler)
Majima
in today's episode. I forget exactly when it happened but it should be soon. I want to get their reaction to the first fight and that whole situation.

EDIT: Episode description suggests
yes

2h30m!

oti

Banned
Coffee is bad
I have cocoa with coffein. It's from a German startup in Berlin. I don't taste the coffein since I don't drink coffee but I do feel its effect. Bought it for the good cocoa quality though. Not drinking it everyday but I like it.

Coffee is blergh!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Always ask yourself: What Would Rorie Do
Would he drink coffee? No? That's probably because it's bad

Is Rorie the only one on the team who might care about Torment?

Vinny loves Planescape. I doubt we will see much coverage of the game outside of one Quicklook though.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I bet the average Giant Bomb subscriber drinks Keurig-tier shitwater coffee, so i'm not surprised.

Up your coffee game, gents.

Wunder

I was internally screaming at that.
They are just gonna pick all the bad choices now, noooooooooooooooo

I mean for some of them it won't matter and I'm down to see some of the more wacky choices but fuck man, some of the more useful items come from succeeding in those sub stories.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ugh, I was hoping to nioh and BitE at the same time but I can't handle this boss and watch at the same time. That's my limit as a human. ;_;

Red UFO

Getting lots of video artefacts around the 1.5 hour mark on Beast in the East. Not sure if it's the video or my gpu dying 🤔

Tubobutts

Getting lots of video artefacts around the 1.5 hour mark on Beast in the East. Not sure if it's the video or my gpu dying 🤔
I didn't notice anything around that time.

But now I know how all those Shenmue's felt watching them not know what they're doing.

Top Bottom