• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

Seeing all this positive Yakuza 0 talk makes me wonder if this could be Sony's best year in terms of PS4 games, especially those that have scored well. I mean, in terms of exclusives, they already have Horizon (out on Tuesday), Gravity Rush 2, Nioh (which they took over publishing of), and Yakuza 0 (timed? console?). Not to mention, Resident Evil VII has the PS4 exclusive VR mode, which, by all accounts, is incredibly well done. All of these were released in January and February. MLB The Show 17 is out next month (and while many of you don't care for sports games, that series sells like hotcakes and the scores are always in the 80-90 range).Nier: Automata is also out in March (out now in Japan) as a console exclusive. I wonder if they can keep it up or if there will be a dry spell. I don't know (off the top of my head) what other exclusives are coming within the next few months (or even longer than that).

(I know I'm probably missing some JRPGs or something)

Honestly, it's the best Sony year (however loosely we're defining it because a number of these games I'll play on PC) since the PS2 days. The range and diversity of games is pretty stellar. At least for my tastes. Sony went too heavy with shooters on the PS3.

i wonder if they'll evolve the nemesis system into something slightly more meaningful

pretty much the only way i'll think to check out the sequel to Giant Bomb's 2014 Game of the Year

Honestly, it's the best Sony year (however loosely we're defining it because a number of these games I'll play on PC) since the PS2 days. The range and diversity of games is pretty stellar. At least for my tastes. Sony went too heavy with shooters on the PS3.

Well, of the exclusives I listed, I think Nier is the only one that is showing up on PC. Yakuza 0 is said to not be coming to PC. Nioh is now published by Sony (that happened quite quietly) and it seems to not be coming to PC. I didn't list it, but Persona 5 is only coming to PS4 (and PS3).

Megasoum

Banned
February/March is the new October/November...

I've been powering through Yakuza 0 to finish it before Horizon on Tuesday... And then Zelda is coming out on Friday...

I hope we'll see WiiU footage of Zelda this week. I don't want to buy a Switch and I hope the WiiU version is not completely fucked.

Also I just finished Chapter 13 in Yakuza (I was still in the middle of Chapter 9 last night lol).

That shit is crazy yo!

Volotaire

February/March is the new October/November...

I've been powering through Yakuza 0 to finish it before Horizon on Tuesday... And then Zelda is coming out on Friday...

I hope we'll see WiiU footage of Zelda this week. I don't want to buy a Switch and I hope the WiiU version is not completely fucked.

Also I just finished Chapter 13 in Yakuza (I was still in the middle of Chapter 9 last night lol).

That shit is crazy yo!

To give a bit of detail on the Wii U version, according to a quote from EDGE's review:

'Frame rate is a little uneven on the Wii U version, dropping to teens in very busy sequences like heavy weather effects, rarely when it matters

The Digital Foundry analysis will reveal the full extent of the version's caveats.

Chumley

Banned
I'm pretty impressed with the PS4 this year too. Japan has finally arrived.

My backlog for exclusives became insane all of a sudden. Last Guardian, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Horizon. And then later this year, Wipeout HD collecton, Crash, Gran Turismo, I think I'm forgetting one or two.

Megasoum

Banned
Welp... Looks like Drew is also a thing in Québec haha

16998129_1851958278420786_2123124348439170365_n.png

Well, of the exclusives I listed, I think Nier is the only one that is showing up on PC. Yakuza 0 is said to not be coming to PC. Nioh is now published by Sony (that happened quite quietly) and it seems to not be coming to PC. I didn't list it, but Persona 5 is only coming to PS4 (and PS3).

That's true. I was getting ahead of myself thinking of Ys 8 and others coming later. Generally it feels like getting back to the PS2 days and it makes me happy.

Hindl

I feel like this is a more neutral place to ask this than the Zelda thread. I wasn't really following regular games media back when Skyward Sword came out, in fact I was a pretty big and blatant Nintendo fanboy back then. But I do remember the near-universal praise Skyward Sword got at first, and it received a bunch of 10s.
I still like SS even though I recognize its flaws.
So for people that were here on Gaf and more general sites, how does the BotW pre-release compare to SS? People are absolutely gushing over BotW, including a lot of people that were critical of SS. But SS was also, at least to my knowledge, getting a lot of pre-release hype. Hell, I remember a few articles back then (just like with BotW) that said SS would dethrone Ocarina of Time. The excitement seems more palpable and pervasive with BotW, but I wasn't paying enough attention back then to really say

Skyward Sword came out in a different era when review scores across the board were inflated. If it came out nowadays it'd get like an 85 metacritic.

Jothel

I'm surprised the meme has the lifespan it does... How long before more corporations get their hands on it and really drive it into the ground?

TraBuch

Banned
Those tattoos were such a bad idea. Like, I can't even begin to imagine how anyone involved in the movie could look at those and be like "Yeah, that's dope as fuck."

Those tattoos were such a bad idea. Like, I can't even begin to imagine how anyone involved in the movie could look at those and be like "Yeah, that's dope as fuck."

I didn't think they were really that noticeable or bad in the actual movie but all the marketing material makes it look way more prominent and tacky.

I didn't think they were really that noticeable or bad in the actual movie but all the marketing material makes it look way more prominent and tacky.

I believe his role was pared down significantly in editing because of the response to early marketing stuff. That movie had no chance from the get-go, but studio meddling ensured it was one of the worst major motion pictures of the year.

Top Bottom