• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rObit

Banned
I'm shocked and appalled that I'm still the only one who mentioned the Mirrormoon EP QL in this thread.

Now there's a game worth talking about.

Yeah, that game seemed really cool. It's definitely on my radar now. I wonder how much there is to it, though. The map looked really big, but it seemed like only some of the planets brought up data and could be interacted with.

Edit: From the Steam page:

The single player part of MirrorMoon EP blends adventure and exploration with navigation-based puzzle solving. The multiplayer of MirrorMoon EP lets players share Galaxy Maps with other players: the first explorers to land on a planet will be able to name its Star System and that name will be forever bound to the star for any other fellow traveler who encounters it.

Sounds pretty big.

Yeah, that game seemed really cool. It's definitely on my radar now. I wonder how much there is to it, though. The map looked really big, but it seemed like only some of the planets brought up data and could be interacted with.

Sounds pretty big.
It's big, there are maybe a little over one hundred planets, but what it does is reset every once and a while so that new players can come in and name the planets too. It's currently in "season 14".

I'm shocked and appalled that I'm still the only one who mentioned the Mirrormoon EP QL in this thread.

I was really excited for it when I bought it and played it, but sadly it just gets really boring after like 4 stars.

FStop7

Banned
Patrick is complaining about GTA on twitter again...

Seriously, I've never seen a gaming hipster like that.

Isn't there anything made by dudes in berets and skinny jeans coming out soon to take his attention away from GTA?

edit - Ah come on, his tweet wasn't even a complaint.

Don't the gold medal requirements stack when you replay missions? Like, if you really want all gold medals, you don't have to actually achieve every single checkbox in one go?

valeo

Sounds pretty big.

Think it'll be one of those games that looks interesting at first but quickly gets dull.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I thought most people's complaints about giantbomb was that they don't talk enough about games, even before drew came in. :p

I kinda agree though, while his subjects are interesting he has very little chemistry with the rest of the guys. Rorie illustrated that pretty well last week.

Zaph

I'm sure Drew is a nice guy and all but he sounds like such a stiff. I am always bored to tears when he talks.
Crazy talk.

Drew accents the other guys perfectly. While they (mostly) have to jump from latest release to latest release, Drew likes what he likes and gets really into it.

"Jeff, we lead very different lives" - Drew, UPF 27/09/13

Xanathus

One slightly annoying quirk of Drew is that he tends to sigh heavily when someone asks him a question and he has to think about his answer.

Aww, that would've been cool. I was rocking the GB hoodie on Friday, even. We had a GAF meet on Saturday too. Loads of people there.

Ah well, always next year.

True, though I dread next year considering the crowds and queues this year. Will no doubt be there, shall have to keep an eye out for the GAF presence next time round.

Hope you had fun though.

Thought more related to the thread: The Mirrormoon Quick Look was great, wish I had checked that out at Eurogamer, only gave it a glance when I passed by a few times.

Zaph

Hmm...Giant Bomb got rid of the tip jar on their store. Only just realised because it's what I normally use my membership code for. Suppose it makes sense as they're not an independent entity any more.

EDIT: I don't really like heavily branded clothing, anyone want my $15 coupon? Preferably someone who's relatively high up on #5 the wall of shame.

Rustafur

Banned
I'm sure Drew is a nice guy and all but he sounds like such a stiff. I am always bored to tears when he talks.

Anyone with posture like this has my full, undivided, attention.

SyqCFEo.jpg

demidar

Hmm...Giant Bomb got rid of the tip jar on their store. Only just realised because it's what I normally use my membership code for. Suppose it makes sense as they're not an independent entity any more.

EDIT: I don't really like heavily branded clothing, anyone want my $15 coupon? Preferably someone who's relatively high up on #5 the wall of shame.

Fuck, I'm number 4. How did that happen? The shame, I'm dying.

Jintor

It's been a week and my store-bought paypal membership still hasn't been activated. I'd better shoot rorie an email...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, looking at the hacking game in the rift video makes me think that there really should be a Neuromancer based game for it.

I want to get out of my fleshbag.

Nibiru

Banned
Someone hasn't watched Drew's NK visit video. Interesting as hell.

Hey I bet he has his moments but imo on the podcast they are a far and few between. Maybe he'll get better but for me personally talking about f-1, aviation and visiting ships makes me fast forward.

Serra

Hey I bet he has his moments but imo on the podcast they are a far and few between. Maybe he'll get better but for me personally talking about f-1, aviation and visiting ships makes me fast forward.

Haha, I usually enjoy those parts the most. Usually the most boring parts are when they are discussing the newest AAA release.

f0rk

It would be more interesting if he got deeper into the multilayer sim games like arma rather than the ones where he's literally writing a pdf manual. There are some great YouTube videos of arma2

Serra

It would be more interesting if he got deeper into the multilayer sim games like arma rather than the ones where he's literally writing a pdf manual. There are some great YouTube videos of arma2

The GB dudes in general seem to have a morbid fear of interacting with people in games anyway. Ok, Brad has gotten pretty social since he started playing Dota on VOIP, but he is really the only one.

Dany

Banned
LOL...they're talking about me on the radio show.
Because you gave Patrick crap? lol.

I'm not going to continue listening to that thing. Patrick is hard to listen to. He has some great ideas but it takes forever for him to say something. He goes on and on if his point is 'the' point.

Rapstah

They lost me at where they said they would stop reviewing games before release because they didn't want to seem like hipsters, immediately turning them into hipsters for being the only game reviewers to review games two months after they release.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They lost me at where they said they would stop reviewing games before release because they didn't want to seem like hipsters, immediately turning them into hipsters for being the only game reviewers to review games two months after they release.

They were joking.

megalowho

I put a few hours into MirrorMoon EP over the weekend after being intrigued by the Quick Look, named a dozen planets or so. Game does a great job realizing the sense of discovery while exploring the great unknown. The puzzle mechanics I've encountered continue to be satisfying over time, even when planets are randomly generated. Super relaxing and engaging, without putting down Proteus too much it's a little like that but with actual gameplay to go along with the pretty sights and sounds. Cool experience, deserves more exposure.

IISANDERII

Giantbomb is the reason I hope my PS4 doesn't ship on time to my home on launch day. I want to soak up their streams/videos as they de-box, set up and play, cracking wise all the way through. Hope Alex flies in for it and if they bring in a guest like Will Smith, then I'd filled with even more joyful feelings.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Giantbomb is the reason I hope my PS4 doesn't ship on time to my home on launch day. I want to soak up their streams/videos as they de-box, set up and play, cracking wise all the way through. Hope Alex flies in for it and if they bring in a guest like Will Smith, then I'd filled with even more joyful feelings.
You know, I wonder what the chances of them doing midnight streams are for the consoles. I guess that didn't happen with the Wii U though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom