• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But Rorie didn’t cut it off. Jeff went through it as he would otherwise. The difference was a weird vibe because of Rorie.

Like the post above mentioned, Rorie needed to follow the first rule of improv. always say yes. there are much better ways to point out the poor quality of the BSB video. don’t be a sighing, moaning negative force when on a live show.

Maybe it's because I watched it as an archive, but I didn't have any problems with him basically displaying his displeasure. I've never really had a problem with that though. GB, especially jeff and ryan, can be negative as fuck whenever they find something they didn't like. Though they are far more nuanced at displaying that negativity with humour.

Then again, maybe it's because I can relate with him on having to bear with try hard humour.

What kind of jerk makes loud groans and dismissively yawns when he's obviously the only person in the room not enjoying the video? The whole crew aside from him went up in laughter not 10 seconds after his first "ugh." Get over it, guy. I was actually enjoying the Bear Sterns video and their commentary on it but skipped it because of the awkwardness of his passive aggression.

demidar

Maybe it's because I watched it as an archive, but I didn't have any problems with him basically displaying his displeasure. I've never really had a problem with that though. GB, especially jeff and ryan, can be negative as fuck whenever they find something they didn't like. Though they are far more nuanced at displaying that negativity with humour.

Then again, maybe it's because I can relate with him on having to bear with try hard humour.

So apparently this Bear Stearns Bravo is an FMV game that came from that Horse_eBooks/Pronunciation account ARG? I only jumped in at the last day before everything was revealed yet still I was horribly disappointed by the tonal whiplash.

And yes, a self-aware is extremely hard to pull off.

I'm with Rorie on Bear Stearns Bravo thing and feel like Jeff was taking crazy pills thinking it was anything special aside from a few funny idle animations.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm with Rorie on Bear Stearns Bravo thing and feel like Jeff was taking crazy pills thinking it was anything special aside from a few funny idle animations.
I think it's more than Jeff wanted to make his own crappy FMV thing. Which they sort of did with GOTY, but obviously not as elaborate as this thing.

megamerican

I think almost everyone agrees with Rorie that the game wasn't funny, it's just that being such a downer on a live show is not entertaining.

I like that VInny called him out on it and it pretty much flew over Matt's head.

I'm surprised this became such a big thing. Rorie is usually a good presence on these shows.

Das Ace

gClI2T7.png

I love Jeff's twitter
Lu1sDc3.gif

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I don't think Rorie acted nearly as badly as some of you are making it sound. I really had no issue with what he said.

I read it here first prior to watching it and I thought he was going to be a unbelievable ass.

Not seeing the outrage.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta love that their backup plan for the big new feature for the biggest title of the year is...Windjammers.

popo

He says on his tumblr, usually the day before, that questions submitted from now eill be used for jar/coffee time.

Yeah, I really don't see GTA Online being much more than a novelty. I'll watch, but I have a kinda "whatever" attitude about it.

Zaph

I may be LTTP here, but if anyone else (particularly EU) has been struggling with GB Twitch streams on High/Source because of their maxed-out Euro servers redirecting you to west coast servers - there is a workaround.

It's called Livestreamer (direct Windows download). It looks complicated but it isn't.

It's basically a command line application that grabs a Twitch (and other services) stream, decodes it, and pipes it directly to any video player that supports streaming (by default, VLC).

Download it, install it, close the config window (unless you want to change it from VLC default). Then when a stream starts that you want to watch, open a command prompt and type:

livestreamer twitch.tv/giantbomb mobile_high

Enjoy 720p (up to 60fps) without any lag because it's putting you the closest Twitch mobile server (185.31.19.180 for EU) instead of redirecting you due to capacity issues.

chogidogs

My subscription auto-renewed yesterday which kinda pissed me off since I had so many bills to pay. Now, kinda ok that that happened. Windjammers is awesome!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Did they actually end up playing Windjammers? All I've seen is this "GTA" or whatever it's called.

edit: Oh, there it is!

My subscription auto-renewed yesterday which kinda pissed me off since I had so many bills to pay. Now, kinda ok that that happened. Windjammers is awesome!
Sorry to say, but it's not a premium stream.

Cystm

Everytime I watch a livestream with Brad recently, he is falling asleep, texting, or looking so disinterested that it makes me wish he wasn't there.

LCfiner

The jarring difference between the attempted GTA online play with server issues and forced tutorials compared to the immediate fun of Windjammers says a lot about the how we should not discount the importance of smaller, simple games.

Windjammers was awesome.

Zaph

Everytime I watch a livestream with Brad recently, he is falling asleep, texting, or looking so disinterested that it makes me wish he wasn't there.
I wouldn't say every time, but in the GTA Online stream definitely. Looked like post-vacation blues to me.

But TBH everyone seemed kinda down today - maybe I'm imagining it but I got the impression something was up (especially when Brad was passed a note from Drew, went to verbally reply and was immediately hushed by Vinny). Maybe more CBSi headaches?

popo

GB should hire that guy who writes Junk Food reviews for Kotaku. I have no idea if he can also write about video games but it would be someone for Jeff to talk to about Pop Tarts, Steakums and Taco Bell.

It would increase their chances of sponsership. When Keighley has his picture taken surrounded by Doritoz and Mountain Dew it is clear shilling but if Jeff were to do it - well that is just a great night in!

Monthly Premium Fast Food Podcast. Just putting that out there.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Finally getting around to watching last weeks UPS. The entire KSP segment has been amazing so far. Rorie's laugh is so infectious, it's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom