• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Next gen is the greatest thing ever as it means so much more content from people I admire.

Embargos, no chance.

I think a more important thing that'll be really cool is that they'll probably be able to save specific examples of cool moments when they were playing through.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I was in the same multiplayer match as Jeff was in the stream, so I set up my ipad to watch his stream while I pinpointed his location to try and take him out. I got real close again but he ended up stopping for the day. :(

That was awesome.

Majine

Banned
I was in the same multiplayer match as Jeff was in the stream, so I set up my ipad to watch his stream while I pinpointed his location to try and take him out. I got real close again but he ended up stopping for the day. :(

That was awesome.

Streamcheating has come to console gaming.

It's all downhill from here.

Booshka

Streamcheating has come to console gaming.

It's all downhill from here.

It's been happening for a while now, ppl that stream consoles via capture cards have been getting streamcheated and streamsniped for years now.

Probably going to be much more common now though.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well it wasn't really cheating, I can have a GPS location on my radar to show me where he was at all times. It just kinda helped a little more.

Bsigg12

So late Bombcast on Tuesday to fall in line with the Xbox One console review embargo lift. I'm excited to hear what they have to say about the hardware.

Booshka

Well it wasn't really cheating, I can have a GPS location on my radar to show me where he was at all times. It just kinda helped a little more.

Thats why I use the term streamsniping usually. When you are just watching the stream to follow the streamer around and play with or against them it is more innocuous.

The videos disappeared after the site upgrade. I can't imagine bringing them back will ever be a priority unfortunately.

So that's why I can't find them anymore :(

The context for that slapping gif is quite funny, it was part of their video on Halo 3's launch and he goes into a bar to I think ask girls about the game. They purposefully get a drunk girl to slap him, I think they paid her, not sure if he says something silly before. And then back in the studio, he recounts how it was a real slap.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So that's why I can't find them anymore :(

The context for that slapping gif is quite funny, it was part of their video on Halo 3's launch and he goes into a bar to I think ask girls about the game. They purposefully get a drunk girl to slap him, I think they paid her, not sure if he says something silly before. And then back in the studio, he recounts how it was a real slap.
Yeah, on the podcast he said how it hurt or something. lol
I'm sure I watched it back when the episode came out, but it seems to be locked in some CBSi vault now. :(

Stimpack

I'll just leave this right.... here.

ovinnywtstv.gif

Also it immediately had me thinking of this.

1091132-vlcsnap_153318.jpg

ryanmac

Banned
The GB general discussion forums have been unreadable with all this GOTG shit. Whoever came up with that idea really didn't think it through. The main page is buried. They should've created a sub-forum.

Megasoum

Banned
The GB general discussion forums have been unreadable with all this GOTG shit. Whoever came up with that idea really didn't think it through. The main page is buried. They should've created a sub-forum.

Well to be fair, there's a LOT of things that are shit about the Giantbomb forums. GOTG or not.

rmanthorp

This is my favorite part of every one of Jeff Greens Dark Souls live streams.

Every time he streams it automatically saves the video in his archives.

So everytime he streams, there a 10 second video where his microphone isn't on and it looks like this

gJ1CCK8.gif

COME TO GIANT BOMB SIR

PLEEEEAASEEE

This is my favorite part of every one of Jeff Greens Dark Souls live streams.

Every time he streams it automatically saves the video in his archives.

So everytime he streams, there a 10 second video where his microphone isn't on and it looks like this

gJ1CCK8.gif

His streams are really enjoyable, that'd be amazing if he joins GB.

Patryn

I like Jeff Green, I like him on guesting on GB stuff.

But please, no new members.

Are you kidding? They're stretched way too thin. There's a reason that Drew has gone from occasional drop-in to major on-screen presence, and at this point Ian's practically on-camera more than Drew used to be.

I'm not saying that these are bad things, but I expect that even they'd rather be more focusing on their main jobs (like Drew's amazing editing of videos) and go back to the occasional cameo.

I think they need another person in the SF office to help out the load.

Nestunt

Are you kidding? They're stretched way too thin. There's a reason that Drew has gone from occasional drop-in to major on-screen presence, and at this point Ian's practically on-camera more than Drew used to be.

I'm not saying that these are bad things, but I expect that even they'd rather be more focusing on their main jobs (like Drew's amazing editing of videos) and go back to the occasional cameo.

I see much faster a Gamespot conversion than Jeff Green. Despite preferring the 2nd

Serra

They just need to honestly evaluate what makes the site great. In my opinion its the quicklooks, premium features, bombcast and the occasional event coverage video/podcast.

Not reviews, written previews or news (outside of Alex/Patrick, they do a great job).

Patryn

They just need to honestly evaluate what makes the site great. In my opinion its the quicklooks, premium features, bombcast and the occasional event coverage video/podcast.

Not reviews, written previews or news (outside of Alex/Patrick, they do a great job).

Jeff's already said that they're never getting rid of reviews, as it's only by having reviews and being on Metacritic that they get access to developers, early builds of games and review copies. Also, how often do they do written previews? Basically around convention time and maybe once in a blue moon otherwise. So they wouldn't be getting rid of much.

Alex described Knack as Blinx-esque. Goddamn.

I'm in chapter 4 of Knack, and thus far I'm really liking it. I do think taking it at a more relaxed pace helps a lot.

Nothing wrong with that, I'd rather have Alexis and Drew on than Jeff Green.

popo

Dead Rising looking like at least a 4 star game.

2571885-11111.jpg

Well to be fair, there's a LOT of things that are shit about the Giantbomb forums. GOTG or not.

Glass houses dude. I haven't been on here commenting for long but all the next gen mud slinging has really taken the gloss off all forums - no exeptions.

Jeff has always wanted a new video guy. If Drew does not mind being up front then this would be a good solution. He can always step in for the interesting edits, get a new AV guy to man the boards and cut quicklooks etc.

They know all this. Written previews have been all but eliminated and reviews are a necessery evil to keep them in with publishers.

bjork

I can be up there tomorrow. My credentials include reviewing for a defunct website and posting on GAF like 30,000x.

Patryn

Nothing wrong with that, I'd rather have Alexis and Drew on than Jeff Green.

Hey, I'm not saying it has to be Jeff Green (although I'd love it to be), I'm just saying that they need somebody.

And right now the best two options seem to me to be Jeff Green and Danny O'Dwyer.

I'd also accept Brad Muir, but I don't think he'd be willing to take the likely pay cut and leave development.

Also looks like the XBone will have a fairly high-scoring launch lineup:

Brad said:

Jeff said:

I'll join in. Jeff Green on Giant Bomb permanently would be amazing. One of very few people that could join the crew and immediately fit right in and add a ton to their content.

CzarTim

I'm in chapter 4 of Knack, and thus far I'm really liking it. I do think taking it at a more relaxed pace helps a lot.

I felt the same way about Puppeteer. A great game that should not be played for long stretches of time. I see why reviewers who rush through games would be cold on them.

Patryn

4's for both KI and DR3 is my prediction.

I'd also guess a 4 for Forza. I just can't see Jeff giving it a 5 for whatever reason.

Maybe CBS doesn't want anyone else hired.

This, sadly, is close to the truth I think. It's cynical, but I think that the accountants at CBSi enjoy the savings from not having to pay Ryan's salary. One would think that otherwise they would have hired somebody new by now.

popo

What does FUD stand for anyway?

Maybe CBS doesn't want anyone else hired.

This, sadly, is close to the truth I think. It's cynical, but I think that the accountants at CBSi enjoy the savings from not having to pay Ryan's salary. One would think that otherwise they would have hired somebody new by now.

Having worked in corporate accounting - this is always the case. You always want production - be it entertainment or factory floor - to produce more with less. It is up to Jeff to argue otherwise and if he can not argue "one in one out" then they need a proper manager who can.

Anyone know if they are doing a launch day extravaganza thing for Xbox One like they did with PS4? I'm not buying an Xbox right now, but the PS4 stream was hilarious. Granted most of the games are multiplats, so it might be a little redundant, but I want to seem them screw around with the Xbox One and or let Vinny play some launch games and break them. (The ACIV stream for the PS4 was great).

What does FUD stand for anyway?

Having worked in corporate accounting - this is always the case. You always want production - be it entertainment or factory floor - to produce more with less. It is up to Jeff to argue otherwise and if he can not argue "one in one out" then they need a proper manager who can.

Don't you mean "one out, one in"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom