• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Anyone know if they are doing a launch day extravaganza thing for Xbox One like they did with PS4? I'm not buying an Xbox right now, but the PS4 stream was hilarious. Granted most of the games are multiplats, so it might be a little redundant, but I want to seem them screw around with the Xbox One and or let Vinny play some launch games and break them. (The ACIV stream for the PS4 was great).

They are.

Dragon

Banned
I'm in chapter 4 of Knack, and thus far I'm really liking it. I do think taking it at a more relaxed pace helps a lot.

Knack has gotten really positive reviews on Amazon as well. I see why game reviewers wouldn't necessarily like it, but offering the level of challenge that it does is a good thing IMO.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME JEFF

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1380617265517964

IZsKyXR.png

Also I suck at this game so that was a total fluke, haha.

Digital Foundry using preview code for their launch comparisons yet having titles that imply final builds certainly make them look a bit rushed for views. For example:
"Digital Foundry vs Dead Rising 3" is the title for their analysis of the preview code of the game which seems a bit disingenuous to me, especially given the patch that is out seems to have fixed most of the issues that led to that massive thread full of vitriol. Not to mention the actual quality of their articles has gone down lately, just don't give the impressions of being expects on graphics tech anymore.

In any case, have they said anything about Xbox One quick looks? We got Killzone and Knack videos before their Friday launch stream.

popo

Fear Uncertainty and Doubt, I believe.

thx, way less offensive than I imagined :p

Don't you mean "one out, one in"?

It is an accounting term. In this case it is more - one out, one in i.e. a new salary to replace the one already in the budget (Ryan's). In terms of the budget there is no increase on last year - likely a decrease as Ryan was fairly senior.

Unless Brad really is leaving ...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Digital Foundry using preview code for their launch comparisons yet having titles that imply final builds certainly make them look a bit rushed for views. For example:
"Digital Foundry vs Dead Rising 3" is the title for their analysis of the preview code of the game which seems a bit disingenuous to me, especially given the patch that is out seems to have fixed most of the issues that led to that massive thread full of vitriol. Not to mention the actual quality of their articles has gone down lately, just don't give the impressions of being expects on graphics tech anymore.

They posted all their BF4 captures even though they knew they were screwed up. Gotta get them clicks.

noobasuar

Banned
Idk how Alex or Patrick were able to keep thier jobs. Who the hell gets away with moving to a different state and keeping thier jobs?

So yeah please hire Jeff Green to bring back Giantbomb to it's previous quality- because the staff IS stretched way to thin.

Idk how Alex or Patrick were able to keep thier jobs. Who the hell gets away with moving to a different state and keeping thier jobs?

So yeah please hire Jeff Green to bring back Giantbomb to it's previous quality- because the staff IS stretched way to thin.

I am pretty sure the only reason Giant Bomb hasnt had interns since joining CBSi is because they will immediately make Alex redundant.

Dude is basically getting a full time paycheck to do the work of a intern.

noobasuar

Banned
Well, for one, they work on the internet. They also put tons of content on the site.

Quality > Quantity. I don't care how much "stuff" they put up on the site. 99% of people visiting giantbomb are going there for bombcasts, quicklooks, and whatever else has them interacting as a group.

I'd hate to think that they can't add another member to the staff because of the two guys that live in other states. Like I said, I feel they're spread to thin and someone like Jeff Green would bring some real energy to the website.

SummitAve

Banned
Quality > Quantity. I don't care how much "stuff" they put up on the site. 99% of people visiting giantbomb are going there for bombcasts, quicklooks, and whatever else has them interacting as a group.

Do you know how jobs work, have you ever had one? You're attempting to make points based off of what would seem like, absolutely nothing.

xanavi

I am pretty sure the only reason Giant Bomb hasnt had interns since joining CBSi is because they will immediately make Alex redundant.

Alex has written 19 out of 40 of the latest reviews published on the site. I don't know what intern is responsible for that many reviews, GB has certainly never had an intern like that.

Zaph

I really like Alex and Patrick, but it's kinda crazy that for the type of site GB is, half their editorial telecommutes.

No idea what their traffic numbers are, but I think it's a safe assumption most people visit the site for the studio/conversational stuff, which usually requires both their video guys to be editors and occasionally a full time programmer who's kind enough to make time to man the tricaster.

They really need another full time editor.

Alex has written 19 out of 40 of the latest reviews published on the site. I don't know what intern is responsible for that many reviews, GB has certainly never had an intern like that.

GB? Nah. But handing off all the shitty games and having all the trailers uploaded by random interns and freelance college students was a pretty common thing everywhere else.

paul187

GB? Nah. But handing off all the shitty games and having all the trailers uploaded by random interns and freelance college students was a pretty common thing everywhere else.

They should get interns to do radio shows too. Also to write up articles as well.

So you want GB to turn into another faceless gaming site editorial wise? What is wrong with you.

xanavi

Well, I like reading Alex's reviews so I'd rather not have an intern write them; shitty games or not.

dhlt25

Alex is the best at reviewing shitty game though lol. I actually look forward to his opinion when I kinda know a game was gonna be shit.

JeTmAn81

"Knack is little more than a dully tedious slog"

Why this instead of "dull, tedious slog"? Alex's writing always seems so awkward.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Never change GAF.

This is pretty terrible.

FStop7

Banned
The time spent Vinny spent in AC4 has restored some of my hope for that franchise after AC3 singlehandedly demolished it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I could be persuaded into showing up regularly if there's money on the table. I only made like $13k last year, I would work exceptionally cheap.

~*Did you know that my sister is earning $6000 a week just from home? Find out how at *********~

Haunted

and you were doing so well funkystudent

you were doing so well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom