• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

~*Did you know that my sister is earning $6000 a week just from home? Find out how at *********~

I've never cleared $25k annually. The world's best bargain, that's me.

Anyway, I like the chemistry they had, but I feel like the new chemistry works too.

It's weird seeing the reaction to Knack's low scores. Never seen all the umbrage towards reviewers for a game getting poor reviews, unless it's part of a well known series. Feels like a lot of people who had no idea who he was a year ago hyping up BASED MARK CERNY, and getting let down hard.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
It's weird seeing the reaction to Knack's low scores. Never seen all the umbrage towards reviewers for a game getting poor reviews, unless it's part of a well known series. Feels like a lot of people who had no idea who he was a year ago hyping up BASED MARK CERNY, and getting let down hard.

If Cerny didn't put his name to it there sure as hell wouldn't be so many apologists.

Helmholtz

Almost done listening to that Jeff Green/Brad Muir podcast. Holy shit it is amazing. The editing is hilarious too.
I feel like Jeff Green joining Giant Bomb is a long shot, but man if he did I'd listen to the Bombcast regularly again (something I haven't done in a while now).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Looks like even the new consoles can't keep Vinny from playing Dark Souls :D

Is it weird that tomorrow is my birthday and I'm totally bummed about it because I'll be out all night going on some extravagant adventure with my girlfriend and I won't be able to watch Vinny play Dark Souls?

Ok yeah. Maybe that sounded WAY more harsh then it did in my head.

Dude is a little underutilised is all. AM show is a great idea for Patrick and Alex but text reviews and uploading daily ubisoft trailers with snarky headlines are not reasons I visit the site.

Wouldnt mind it if he did more video things like Patrick has done. Even though I dont care for 90% of Patricks videos he is pumping those things out.

Tucah

you speak so well
Is it weird that tomorrow is my birthday and I'm totally bummed about it because I'll be out all night going on some extravagant adventure with my girlfriend and I won't be able to watch Vinny play Dark Souls?

Well now you can have both - it's moved to Wednesday!

Jintor

Really enjoyed bombin the AM. They should make developer talks a more regular thing.

Absolutely. Scoops and the Wolf really benefit from a) a third chair b) who has expertise/experience in a field, otherwise it kind of devolves into a lot of snark and agreeing with one another.

demidar

You should put that on GiantBombConfessionals.

"I didn't have any fun when I was out with my girlfriend celebrating my birthday because I couldn't watch Vinny play Dark Souls live"

zroid

Banned
I keep peeking into the OT every once in a while, and am repeatedly shocked at all the people seemingly loving it (or at least enjoying it). I don't know if it's launch euphoria or what, but the game looks so fucking boring. I don't even want to try the demo.

sikkinixx

Huh, Jeff seems pretty jazzed about Killer Instinct. Excited for the quick look tomorrow.

Pretty sure the reception for xbone games is going to be a lot warmer than the PS4 stuff. Not just from giant bomb but from all the media, my ps4 arrives tomorrow but I would much rather have the MS first party line up to play this Christmas.

I like giant bomb coverage when they are really pumped about a game or really fucking trash a game. Middling quick looks or live streams are a bore.

hamchan

I keep peeking into the OT every once in a while, and am repeatedly shocked at all the people seemingly loving it (or at least enjoying it). I don't know if it's launch euphoria or what, but the game looks so fucking boring. I don't even want to try the demo.

I can see it being enjoyable if you want a challenge since the enemies seem to really fuck you up in that game, even on normal difficulty. Knack Souls, Dark Souls Jr, all seem like appropriate names.

Zekes!

I gotta chime in and say that I thought Knack looked like one of those C tier adventure/platform games from back in the day

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Pretty sure the reception for xbone games is going to be a lot warmer than the PS4 stuff. Not just from giant bomb but from all the media

Reviews were lukewarm for a lot of games across the board today for the XB1 lineup, same as PS4 really. The only two games left are Forza (will likely score high) and Ryse (lol).

I think Killer Instinct is the surprise hit here.

Haunted

I think Knack looks like a really solid game, the most interesting next generation launch game for sure. I liked almost everything I saw in the QL...

.. and yet, when the guys said they had enough of playing Knack ~40 minutes in, I kinda had to agree. That was enough.

Seems like a simple linear platformer that'd be enjoyable enough in bursts.

ghst

thanks for the laugh

OTs of first party exclusives are never the right place to base your conclusions.

zroid

Banned
I can see it being enjoyable if you want a challenge since the enemies seem to really fuck you up in that game, even on normal difficulty. Knack Souls, Dark Souls Jr, all seem like appropriate names.

I can sort of understand that, but on the other hand, the Souls games have a lot more going for them than mere "challenge". They're actually games with complex and compelling mechanics, and genuine variety and creativity in level design.

I can think of hundreds of better ways to challenge myself, either in a game or something else, and in the process probably have a lot more fun than while playing Knack. I don't know. You'll have to forgive me for being bit overly harsh, but it's just Knack is to be frank the one retail PS4 launch title I had some interest in based on its reveal, and since then it's just been a constant stream of disappointments. :(

OTs of first party exclusives are never the right place to base your conclusions.

Fair point, I guess. Sadly.

drew.gif

drew_by_realghostvids-d6ut3hn.gif

Reviews were lukewarm for a lot of games across the board today for the XB1 lineup, same as PS4 really. The only two games left are Forza (will likely score high) and Ryse (lol).

I think Killer Instinct is the surprise hit here.

I've always believed in Killer Instinct.

Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom