• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
Caught up to the latest Pathfinder. Ian non-stop nerd-raging over the invisibility check is giving me crazy douche chills.

strafer

So during the PS4 Live Stream Jeff showed us a copy of Tokyo Drift, does Jeff legitimately like that movie? I also noticed a poster in their old office. Or is it just to fuck with us. :D

So during the PS4 Live Stream Jeff showed us a copy of Tokyo Drift, does Jeff legitimately like that movie? I also noticed a poster in their old office. Or is it just to fuck with us. :D

He's been singing the praises of that movie as the best of the franchise since way back in the Whiskey Media offices.

...and I still haven't seen it.

Dragon

Banned

I liked the movie the best out of the Fast and Furious franchise. Even with the leaden lead actor.

Edit: And be prepared based on tweets that Brad and Jeff being more positive about Xbone launch games is going to cause a shitfit in here.

i have no clue why but it reminds me of Vexx

which makes no sense since it doesnt resemble it at all

or glover

You know, I can totally see the Vexx in Knack! It's mostly the claws and pointy stuff.

2214581-box_vexx.png

knack-screen-1-tall.jpg

Man, I used to love that demo, played it for a month straight.

You know, I can totally see the Vexx in Knack! It's mostly the claws and pointy stuff.

2214581-box_vexx.png

knack-screen-1-tall.jpg

Man, I used to love that demo, played it for a month straight.

My favorite part of Vexx is that it has a totally forgettable name, but when I want to remember what it was I just type 'gamecube claws heart' into google and it spits it out.

Also that Knack screenshot is amazingly unflattering.

Curufinwe

The video with Greg Kasavin was really good. I just wished when they were talking about launch gamest hey asked him about the experience of reviewing Perfect Dark Zero.

popo

He's been singing the praises of that movie as the best of the franchise since way back in the Whiskey Media offices.

...and I still haven't seen it.

He loves it. Him and Ryan had an unexplicable love for that series (not the second one). Plus Torque which is even more bizarre.

He inspired me to try and watch Tokyo Drift twice now. Made it through about half the first time. Skipped to the Japan stuff the second time and found it little better. I guess I just don't see it. The first FF was mildly entertaiing and they seem to be remaking the same thing over and again.

Vinnie's Nanako impression sounds a lot like his Willem Dafoe impression......

I thought his Dafoe sounded like Ghoul. Maybe they could get Dafoe to do VO on persona 5 - unless it is on 3DS I supose.

LOL @ load our last Souls from last week.
2 hours on one boss that with heavy armor could take 2 tries....

you know I love you vinny but man that was such a wast of time.

popo

I played this game for an hour during Gamescom and people called me crazy when I told them this game is going to be good. Hearing Jeff say that it's super fun makes me feel vindicated.

Considering Jeff wrote it off as soon as it was announced - it must be decent if it turned him around.

Xater

Considering Jeff wrote it off as soon as it was announced - it must be decent if it turned him around.

Everyone who actually remembers how bad of a game Killer Instinct was was down on it. Me included. They took Killer Instinct and actually made a good game out of it.

Tokyo Drift is the point where the Fast and Furious movies start getting good, but it's certainly not my favourite of the series. It's the heartwarming story of a young man who discovers that the solution to every problem in life is drifting. Uprooted from the life he knows and sent to Japan for... I don't know, racin' too awesomely, he quickly learns that speaking the local language is totally unnecessary when you can drive a car sideways. Girl trubs? Drift. Yakuza boss wants you dead? Drift.

It's pretty good, but it doesn't reach the heights that the later installments do. Fast and Furious was pretty amazing for its time, but Fast 5 and 6 are modern day action masterpieces. There's this bit in Fast 5 where Vin Diesel and The Rock have this fight scene that is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen on film. They don't trade blows so much as simply demolish an entire building with eachother's bodies. Both of those dudes look more like leathery sides of beef than actual humans, and they sweat bullets 100% of the time, and they just tear through this auto shop like it was wet tissue paper. Oh, by the way, The Rock plays some kind of International Turbo Cop, or something, but at the end of the movie he joins up with Vin Diesel's gang of car-obsessed cat burglars to steal a vault full of money from Bucho from Desperado. Because why not?

And then Fast 6 has Vin Diesel's gang have to fight an EVIL gang of car-obsessed cat burglars, made up entirely of dopplegangers of the good guys (and Paul Walker's doppleganger is a lady :p). Gina Carano fights Michelle Rodriguez, the angry-faced SWAT team leader from The Raid: Redemption fights two of the good guys at once, The Rock throws people around like sacks of potatoes, and it all finishes with this amazing action scene on the world's longest runway. At one point Vin Diesel hoists this giant bad guy up on his shoulder so The Rock can fly straight at the guy's face and just murder the shit out of him, and then Vin Diesel gives The Rock this hilarious look of complete disdain for no reason!

God I love these movies so much.

Bedlam

Edit: And be prepared based on tweets that Brad and Jeff being more positive about Xbone launch games is going to cause a shitfit in here.
I think just about everyone has accepted by now that MS won the exclusive launch line-up war, even if Ryse fulfills expectations and turns out to be a turd.

LOL @ load our last Souls from last week.
2 hours on one boss that with heavy armor could take 2 tries....

you know I love you vinny but man that was such a wast of time.

I wore heavy armor the entire game and Artorias probably took me longer than Vinny. He demands dodging and timing pretty much more than any other boss in the game.

I think just about everyone has accepted by now that MS won the exclusive launch line-up war, even if Ryse fulfills expectations and turns out to be a turd.

Assuming Forza is as good as the others and Ryse is terrible both consoles will only have 1 exclusive rated above 80. Hardly the landslide that people make it seem.

sneaky77

I don't see why is a problem if they enjoy xbox launch games more.. most of the games are the same on both systems, and if you only decide on buying a system based on launch titles.. that's a little shortsighted imo. People like drama too much sometimes lol

Enkidu

I wore heavy armor the entire game and Artorias probably took me longer than Vinny. He demands dodging and timing pretty much more than any other boss in the game.
He doesn't require any dodging at all, get a good shield and he can't touch you. It's one of my favorite bosses in the game but I beat him on my first try going in blind.

Enkidu

So why is he one of your favourite bosses if he is easy?
Because there's no bullshit, just apply the same mechanics that I've been getting through the game with against a much more powerful enemy. Sif went the same way and I loved that fight for the same reason. You still need to stay alert because you are vulnerable when attacking and if you get too greedy they will punish you, but keep your shield up and there's practically nothing they can do.

Sorry guys. When I saw it and did a quick google search for giant bomb hats, this came up. I thought it was Giant Bomb.

Yeah, TMZ is pretty dreck. I was following a link from another link and landed there. Still, thought it was pretty awesome at that moment that you could find GB fans in the wildest places...

...or not.

Did any of them talk about 1 million PS4's in 24hrs yet? I remember them being curious earlier in the year about how this next-gen stuff would play out and those numbers are very reassuring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
KI and DR3 have really illustrated to me just how badly Sony stumbled out the gate with games.

Of course, you could make the argument that they don't need them. And I do think the PS4 is the more enticing console to me, but man, Xbone has two games I'd be psyched to play at launch. PS4 has like Resogun which I think's pretty overrated already. PS4 definitely has the stronger tail, but Xbone, ironically enough, makes a better games argument at launch.

def sim

They'll probably release the bombcast a little later tonight so they can talk about the Xbox UI and Kinect without breaking embargo.

KI and DR3 have really illustrated to me just how badly Sony stumbled out the gate with games.

Of course, you could make the argument that they don't need them. And I do think the PS4 is the more enticing console to me, but man, Xbone has two games I'd be psyched to play at launch. PS4 has like Resogun which I think's pretty overrated already. PS4 definitely has the stronger tail, but Xbone, ironically enough, makes a better games argument at launch.

You know what i've been playing all year on 360? Fuck all. There are two sides to this argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom