• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestunt

It's crazy how Super Mario 64 is still the last best launch game to have come out, 17 years ago.

20120816075624!Yukimura-kessen.jpg

Dragon

Banned
Is it at all surprising after the terrible reveal? I'm kind of shocked that people had any sort of expectations for Knack and Ryse. Launch goggles are scary things.

I'll take Knack over the stupid buy to progress shit that seems to pop up in every launch first party Xbone game, thank you very much. EA and MS putting that relationship on another level.

Microsoft has really embraced "Paymium" games. Good grief. They have turned me off to that platform like I've never been with any other gaming machine in the past.

Just watched last night's Load our last Souls.

Ian spoiled everything for Vinny. Jesus christ. He doesn't even know that much of the game and is pretty misinformed about a lot of things and yet he still manages to spoil the most fun parts.

Can't wait to see how he'll spell out every single cool thing about Manus before Vinny even gets to the boss.

Jeff on mixlr now saying kinect is really hit/miss and TV didn't work at all yesterday for him at home (I think he recorded video of it)

Xater

Jeff on mixlr now saying kinect is really hit/miss and TV didn't work at all yesterday for him at home (I think he recorded video of it)

All the voice command stuff seems to be hit or miss. It's apparently not unusual that you have to repeat your command 2 or 3 times.

Patryn

From Jeff's Tumblr:

Anonymous asked:I feel like reviewers have been a biiiit generous with the responsiveness of the Xbox One's kinect features. Gamespot and Polygon's streams showed constant problems with voice activation, Sessler said if there's much ambient noise it fucks everything up, the Verge complained about it in their written review, but all the reviews basically end up being "but it's a device from the fuuuturree!"

Jeff Replies: Yeah, I just recorded a TV-focused bit that we’ll run as part of the livestream on Friday and it was pretty messed up. I’ve had good experiences with it in the past week, especially when it comes to navigating the front-end, but it’s just too inconsistent for the TV stuff. It just doesn’t know enough channel names. It’s weird. Solid one day, practically broken the next

All the voice command stuff seems to be hit or miss. It's apparently not unusual that you have to repeat your command 2 or 3 times.

He made the point that a voice command having to be said more than once makes it worthless and I'm inclined to agree. Once you have to repeat yourself its no longer easier than just pressing a button

Booshka

Will Vinny now cheese Manus with his new bow?

You can't use Greatbows for that Cheese because you have to free-aim the bow down into his boss arena. Since you have to plant Greatbows to the ground, you aren't able to aim them down far enough. Black Bow of Pharis with Hawk ring and Feather Arrows on the other hand...

Super curious if Kinect can detect the range & voices that Jeff is capable of. Makes me wonder if Jeff subconciously tries different accents like British Brad or Big Jeff's Roller Coaster Ride or Hip-Hop Jeff.

You're just mad Ryse is a better game than Knack, admit it.
I honestly thought the original concept was going to be more Katamari style; weak and small at the beginning then that cathartic feeling of being bigger and badder than everything else.

skynidas

Banned
You're just mad Ryse is a better game than Knack, admit it.

It might be a better game but it's still a bad game, which you couldn't admit on the quick look. Extremely simple combat and you are doing the exact same thing for the duration of the entire game, a boring game is not a good game even if it looks pretty.

But hey, opinions, i guess.

The delay created by the pass through would make Windjammers unplayable.

It need to be tested though. Everything should be tested. They should run thier own Tricaster through the Xbox

You can't use Greatbows for that Cheese because you have to free-aim the bow down into his boss arena. Since you have to plant Greatbows to the ground, you aren't able to aim them down far enough. Black Bow of Pharis with Hawk ring and Feather Arrows on the other hand...

Forgot about that detail. I don't think Vinny would do that anyway, He always seemed bummed out if he takes the easy way out in the game. Also, I think he'd knows 15 minutes of arrows would not be too exciting for viewers.

I hear Ryse is better than Brothers.

Ha

I finally played Brothers - well, by finally I mean I finished it last week - and it's a hell of a game

Jokes aside, people need to play that shit, also I'm not entirely sure if there IS ten better games released this year

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Holy crap, I am 18 minutes in the Ryse QL (right when Brad dies) and fuck me the fights look tedious and boring.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
either my sarcasm detector is broken or this is kind of a lame reply duder

you're seeing console warriors where they are none

Whatever, that dude has been trolling my taste in games since I gave DmC a good score, and not even in a clever or accurate way. I only like easy games? C'mon, you can do better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom