• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
You're just mad Ryse is a better game than Knack, admit it.

drew_by_realghostvids-d6ut3hn.gif

Massa

Whatever, that dude has been trolling my taste in games since I gave DmC a good score, and not even in a clever or accurate way. I only like easy games? C'mon, you can do better than that.

Has anyone ever told you how incredibly sad it is that you only choose to engage trolls when you post here?

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Holy crap, I am 18 minutes in the Ryse QL (right when Brad dies) and fuck me the fights look tedious and boring.

It's reasonably entertaining, it just needs to be part of a more robust game. Jeff's comparison to Batman is perfectly apt.

Nestunt

Whatever, that dude has been trolling my taste in games since I gave DmC a good score, and not even in a clever or accurate way. I only like easy games? C'mon, you can do better than that.

Volgarr only works in two axes! its pretty obvious

Cerilli

Neo Member
So we're gonna make sure one of them randomly shouts "XBOX OFF" as they're playing to see what happens, right?

I also want them to get online and see how often you hear people barking Xbox commands.

Grisby

Signed up in 08' I believe for Gaf so this is my first time experiencing the release of two high profile consoles. The 'warz' stuff has defintley been entertaining to say the least.

Zornack

So we're gonna make sure one of them randomly shouts "XBOX OFF" as they're playing to see what happens, right?

I also want them to get online and see how often you hear people barking Xbox commands.

There is a 0% chance Vinny makes it through the stream without shouting XBOX OFF at least four times.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It's reasonably entertaining, it just needs to be part of a more robust game. Jeff's comparison to Batman is perfectly apt.

Totally, it just needs to be part of a larger game. The arena style game just does it no favors.

Nestunt

meh. Sure, but they are not Super Mario World or Super Mario 64. These two are in another league altogether.

..hum.. i.. was being.. hum.. sarcastic

but i loved it

almost as much as if i had a xbone and ps4 right now and was playing ryse and knack like a xmas child

mattp

soul calibur isn't really a launch game, though
the dreamcast came out in japan almost a year before it came out here. thats almost an extra year of dev time to work on the american launch games

Curufinwe

You're just mad Ryse is a better game than Knack, admit it.

I thought Knack looked bad all year long and have previously said that I wouldn't play it if was free. (And it probably will be free on PS+ by the time I buy a PS4.) So why would I be mad, Brad?

They're currently sitting 5 whole points apart on MetaCritic, so the consensus is that Ryse is only marginally better. Of course a five star review from Giant Bomb would change things.

That's not what I said at all. You love DotA and multiplayer Starcraft which I consider two of the most difficult games out there. I was talking about action games, specifically the 3D kind.

popo

It might be a better game but it's still a bad game, which you couldn't admit on the quick look. Extremely simple combat and you are doing the exact same thing for the duration of the entire game, a boring game is not a good game even if it looks pretty.

But hey, opinions, i guess.

When did you get your copy?

Ryse didn't look like that much fun to me, although, I did enjoy playing through a Knack demo a of couple times. That may have just been the "holy crap I'm playing a next gen console" feeling.

He might be right. That says more about the year then it does about brothers though. GOTY will be interesting as I don't think there is a single game that is worth fighting for in the top slot, not like previous years anyway.

i played ten games better than brothers by like june

He might be right. That says more about the year then it does about brothers though. GOTY will be interesting as I don't think there is a single game that is worth fighting for in the top slot, not like previous years anyway.

I think it's been most interesting to see the tide turn so much on Infinite. I really don't know what it was, but everyone seems a bit cold on it now. Even on the Bombcast this week when they brought it up everyone gave a meh.

The GB GOTY is definitely going to be interesting, particularly since The Last of Us is still not a handsdown winner for everyone.

I feel like if either The Last of Us or GTA V came out last year they would have easily been a lot of people's GOTY. I don't think anyone at GB particularity loved either though.

Has anyone ever told you how incredibly sad it is that you only choose to engage trolls when you post here?

I wouldn't call Brad's behaviour as "sad" when this thread isn't exactly a great place. Quite a negative place, actually and it's been getting worse. It's creepy how deep people here get about the staff with the conspiracy theories and pontificating about their interpersonal relationships. Little statements are blown out of proportion. I've said my bit about this thread before, but I believe there should be a change in attitude.

Maybe that's the nature of the beast when you make a thread like this and when people are bored.

RE_Player

Considering only half them actually played it, I wonder why.
I bet they'll all finish it I just have a feeling it's not their type of game. Super Mario 3D World, Brothers and DOTA 2 are probably the games in contention for overall GOTY at Giant Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom