• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Jeff pre ordered a vita tv as soon as it was released.

I have to imagine at some point someone from Giant Bomb has asked Adam Boyes why there is no capture solution available. It's something Sony should have rectified so long ago.

and I imagine the answer was that he has little say on hardware and the vita is all Sony Japan's shit show.

mattp

i dont think any of them have really played tlou because it was right aorund when ryan passed. lots of bad memories attached to that game for them now. and it doesnt exactly help that its depressing as fuck

webrunner

That and I think Brad has said before him being constantly nagged to finish TLoU has really put him off to the game. I'm pretty sure most of them have played it, I'm just not sure who has finished it. I think Vinny has. It's probably tied with Infinite as my personal GOTY, but I'm not going to get mad at them if they don't finish it. It was like the year The Witcher 2 came out and I think Vinny was the only one that finished it.

Anyway, I like the actual GOTY deliberation podcasts more so than whatever site list they create. It's like people constantly want their opinions on games validated or something when all that really matters is if you liked the game and not anyone else.

I actually like their personal GOTY lists. I always usually pick up one or two games that I've never played, gave a chance or even heard of every year following their GOTY stuff.

i like their deliberations, but in terms of actual lists I don't care what they call GOTY in the end. I do love their more esoteric lists.

Is there a third game with a good narrator this year other than Call of Juarez and The Stanley Parable?

K.Sabot

Someone needs to gif that moment where Vinny jumped on the mage lady, killed her, and then deflected the other mage lady's magic.

As a guy who's played dark souls more than 7 times, that was amazing.

No_Style

I have an amusing anecdote to share.

I introduced a friend of mine to the Bombcast last year and he's been listening to it on a regular basis since then. He doesn't visit the GiantBomb website for Quick Looks or visit the forums or GB GAF threads.

So today, during our lunch break, he sits down and says to me:

"You know that Brad guy on the Bombcast sounds like a Xbox fanboy. It's the way he talks about it."

I was surprised that he brought it up because we don't talk about the Bombcast politics; if we bring up the Bombcast, it is for the latest gaming impressions.

Here's a someone who is neutral (staying PC for now), who comes in unprovoked and accuses Brad of fanboyism. I was in disbelief and said to him there was a number of people on the forums who shares his view of him.

Nothing else came of that; he just wanted to share that observation with me and now I'm sharing it with GAF. Despite the numerous accusations from GAF folks, I've always thought Brad had a preference but tried to treat other platforms fairly. Maybe I'm filtering out too much? Whatever. It as just an amusing moment for today.

i like their deliberations, but in terms of actual lists I don't care what they call GOTY in the end. I do love their more esoteric lists.

Is there a third game with a good narrator this year other than Call of Juarez and The Stanley Parable?

Battleblock Theater? Though I think all of zero of the team played it.

SummitAve

Banned

I introduced a friend of mine to the Bombcast last year and he's been listening to it on a regular basis since then. He doesn't visit the GiantBomb website for Quick Looks or visit the forums or GB GAF threads.

"You know that Brad guy on the Bombcast sounds like a Xbox fanboy. It's the way he talks about it."

I was surprised that he brought it up because we don't talk about the Bombcast politics; if we bring up the Bombcast, it is for the latest gaming impressions.

Here's a someone who is neutral (staying PC for now), who comes in unprovoked and accuses Brad of fanboyism. I was in disbelief and said to him there was a number of people on the forums who shares his view of him.

Nothing else came of that; he just wanted to share that observation with me and now I'm sharing it with GAF. Despite the numerous accusations from GAF folks, I've always thought Brad had a preference but tried to treat other platforms fairly. Maybe I'm filtering out too much? Whatever. It as just an amusing moment for today.

You consider that an amusing anecdote?

derFeef

And yet he's the one championing Resogun.

Ugh, I wish people would shut up about this fanboy shit.

Nonono, if one does not like a specific game, it must be fanboy because there is no reasonable and realistic reason for it otherwise.

It is quite silly with the fanboy shit talk flying around, it's bad enough outside the thread.

That said

LAST OF US GOTY.

pls

play

it

:(

Or because it's meh.

the-last-of-us-gif-piw0xk6.gif

Patryn

Let me just save you from getting your hopes up. Giant Bomb is not going to make TLOU their GOTY.

I'd argue that Saint's Row IV has a better chance of being GB's GOTY than TLOU.

And Saint's Row IV has little to no chance to be GOTY.

The real question: Is Dark Souls: Prepare to Die eligible for 2013's 2012 GOTY?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
They should just not even do a site-wide GOTY and do their personal lists + plus the goofy lists.

We go through this every year. They don't care, we don't care. They just give us a bunch of extra long holiday podcasts and then at the end go "ok yeah whatever, im hungry lets give it to xcom" and then everyone laughs at their fun creative videos.

They should just not even do a site-wide GOTY and do their personal lists + plus the goofy lists.

We go through this every year. They don't care, we don't care. They just give us a bunch of extra long holiday podcasts and then at the end go "ok yeah whatever, im hungry lets give it to xcom" and then everyone laughs at their fun creative videos.

i like this

LCfiner

watching the Crimson Dragon QL. the number of F2P items making their way into this game is groooosssssss. holy shit, lol! (I know that there are lots of new games coming out with stuff but CD seems to have more of it)

Loco cycle looks boring and ugly.

Ryse looks boring (but not as mashy as I expected) and pretty.

So, yeah, launch. Seems like DR3 and Forza are the two exclusives to consider spending money on for the Xbone launch.

No_Style

But how will the start raking in cash if they don't have site-wide GOTY?

Although I think they would individually make more money if they charged studios/publishers on an individual basis. And imagine seeing Jeff's face on the back of the box with "Jeff Gerstmann's GOTY" text on the bottom.

watching the Crimson Dragon QL. the number of F2P items making their way into this game is groooosssssss. holy shit, lol! (I know that there are lots of new games coming out with stuff but CD seems to have more of it)

So, yeah, launch. Seems like DR3 and Forza are the two exclusives to consider spending money on for the Xbone launch.

Have you seen the stuff about the microtransactions in Forza?

RBH

And Killer Instinct!

Xater

I would pick KI over DR3.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I really hope all those title fail hard with the excessive transactions. It's just gross. Make it F2P or not, not both.

Forza is apparently infected with the f2p shit too but not as severely offensive, just fucked up getting wise

As someone who fucking hates dead rising the fact that it seems like the most solid of the exclusive launch titles is bumming me out something fierce

Mesoian

So you want...less content this year? I'm hearing that correctly?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So you want...less content this year? I'm hearing that correctly?
No, I'm just whining/complaining that the actual deliberations are whats interesting about GOTY. Not whatever game actually wins, the value is in the discussion not the result.

BOOM.

I like Brad, always have always will, but his preference for Xbox over Playstation comes across loud and clear. I'm not saying he's not allowed to have opinions, I'm not saying he's a bad person, I'm not saying he hates Sony or loves MS. I'm just saying he wears his heart on his sleeve much more then the others.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
BOOM.

I like Brad, always have always will, but his preference for Xbox over Playstation comes across loud and clear. I'm not saying he's not allowed to have opinions, I'm not saying he's a bad person, I'm not saying he hates Sony or loves MS. I'm just saying he wears his heart on his sleeve much more then the others.

So his real preference lies with Steam and PC. Brad is a PC gamer first and foremost. Brad has ALWAYS been the PC guy to me.

LCfiner

Have you seen the stuff about the microtransactions in Forza?

Yes. that seems worse in one way because the game is $60. But CD has more shit to buy and screams “mobile F2P”.

I am someone who could ignore the tokens in Forza (or any racing game) as I am not one who needs to buy that F1 car for a million in-game bucks. The CD stuff reminds me a bit more of the PvZ2 thing where the game revolves more around picking your wallet multiple times.

@Xater & RBH. I can see that. Fair ‘nuff.

Umm he obviously listens to the bombcast in the background or isn't listening to it every week. Brad has been non stop saying that it doesn't make sense to buy either console, he has been championing PC all the time. In fact he is going to get a PS4 first because he can get it from his Sony credit card rewards. He is the loudest voice praising Resogun on the site.

Seriously it seems like some of you guys need to have your opinions valitated by someone on the site, or you can't function.

Gorillaz

Watching Ryse quick look

VInny: How much is this game?

Everyone: 60 dollars

Vinny:.....huh...

the way vinny did the delayed "huh" was hilarious

Lingxor

The Last of Us doesn't have to win, but it would be nice to have some informed discussion on it as a game with some of the best narrative and characterization this year/ever. Last year Jeff was pretty silent during The Walking Dead discussion.

It's kind of a bummer that Vinny was the only one who even thought to mention it when they were running down the list of good games this year on the 11/19 podcast.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I don't think you can call TLOU the clear-cut frontrunner with GTAV out there.
Maybe I read it wrong, but when Brad said no way at GTAV being better than Brothers on the cast, I wondered if that was just joking or if he wasn't into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom