• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
1joAFhy.png

hahahah

Tell me that's real. I'm going to have to watch a 70 minute Forza video now, aren't I? There's no way that's real. They look like the sort of stock photos that you'd find in an Inappropriate Office Conduct powerpoint presentation.

Jeff saying in the livestream that NFS Xbone version looks rough

Weird because the digital foundry comparison said they were almost exactly the same outside of better depth of field/blur stuff on the PS4 although yet again it was another comparison with preview code.

Think Forza 5 looks great but some of that F2P nonsense does the game a disservice. Doesn't really seem to affect many things in comparison to previous games but just having it does kind of poison it a tad. Although the opening but with the daily login bonuses wasn't really a good example, GT5 had similar things. Getting you to play daily had been a thing for a while.

LCfiner

watching TV. yeah, voice control is janky and unreliable as shit. Having to say “xbox pause” three times in a row before it works. who needs that?

not surprised. I still have problems with Siri all the time. Only Google seems to have voice dictation and parsing worked out.

Also, looking at the xbox one guide, it kinda sucks that it covers the entire TV image. My old cable box would put the current channel display in a corner so i wouldn’t be completely blind to what’s playing when browsing the menu. The xbox one UI covers and dims absolutely everything on screen. seems like a major step back that would be unwelcome by lots of people.

edit: and when snapped, the TV show framerate noticeably drops. maybe to 10 to 20 fps…

Did other reviewers have anything even close to this experience and not call the feature a half baked piece of crap? I shouldn’t be surprised but, yeah, nothing about this seems like it’s worth the price of admission.

Chuck

Still without luck
On the other hand - he's also just reminding everyone that EA has been selling cheat codes for a long, long time.

And EA is a disgusting company that aggressively hates its customers.

So, not exactly a great point to bring up when defending Forza's pay to not grind crap.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
And EA is a disgusting company that aggressively hates its customers.

So, not exactly a great point to bring up when defending Forza's pay to not grind crap.

Hey, no argument here. I don't think there should be a single goddamn option to pay for more things in these $60 games except DLC that is additional content, not shortcuts.

Cheats, experience, and "gold" should NOT be buyable with real money in a full price title. Shame on MS.

popo

Vinny said he liked to drive his Prius in these driving games. I remember a friend and I were playing Forza 4 and he insisted on a one-on-one Prius race on the full circuit Nurburgring. that was a very long, and eerily silent race.

'cause he owns a Prius. When you have a kid and move to the 'burbs they castrate you and issue you with a hybrid.

Tell me that's real. I'm going to have to watch a 70 minute Forza video now, aren't I? There's no way that's real. They look like the sort of stock photos that you'd find in an Inappropriate Office Conduct powerpoint presentation.

Just skip to an hour in - that is when they get to the funny stuff.

The twins are here

2572986-vlcsnap-2013-11-22-01h30m48s39.png

Alex?

2572981-vlcsnap-2013-11-22-01h29m34s68.png

What ever!

2572982-vlcsnap-2013-11-22-01h29m42s144.png

Victoria Belmont?

2572985-vlcsnap-2013-11-22-01h30m37s183.png

Me and my shadow

2572978-vlcsnap-2013-11-22-01h28m21s102.png

No!

2572984-vlcsnap-2013-11-22-01h30m22s36.png

I said Never!

2572977-vlcsnap-2013-11-22-01h28m10s251.png

I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob

2572976-vlcsnap-2013-11-22-01h31m54s176.png

Hey, no argument here. I don't think there should be a single goddamn option to pay for more things in these $60 games except DLC that is additional content, not shortcuts.

Cheats, experience, and "gold" should NOT be buyable with real money in a full price title. Shame on MS.

Why do you want to get in front of my voluntary exchange of goods for a service I deem to be a good value?

Chuck

Still without luck

I guess we can hope for consumer fight back and Sony hopefully not doing this to force them to drop it.

Game design and balance are inherently compromised once microtransactions are introduced. There's no way around it.

In your opinion. If the market shows that people prefer microtransactions to actually playing a game, it means that the correct way to make a game, as long as we're making it within a capitalist framework, is to include microtransactions. Balance is something you worry about when you don't have to worry about profits.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
In your opinion. If the market shows that people prefer microtransactions to actually playing a game, it means that the correct way to make a game, as long as we're making it within a capitalist framework, is to include microtransactions. Balance is something you worry about when you don't have to worry about profits.

The market doesn't show a damn thing except that there are a small selection of people who will pay more money on top of the entry fee and that's good enough for the bottom fucking line.

The way you are defending this is like the way a telemarketer defends their job. "It's all I can do", "We (telemarketers) wouldn't do it if it didn't work", "Some people actually buy our stuff so it must be a benefit to some", and so on. It honestly sounds like you work or design F2P games and are justifying its existence for your own reasons. Whatever the reason, using terminology like "capitalistic framework" doesn't help your cause, because it is not only nonsensical, but it directs your argument to basically be "Well then, Justin Beiber must be one of the most talented artists around because of how people prefer him to others in the capitalistic framework that is the music industry".

Popularity isn't always correct; in fact it rarely is.

The market doesn't show a damn thing except that there are a small selection of people who will pay more money on top of the entry fee and that's good enough for the bottom fucking line.

Exactly. You're buying a product. Products are about the bottom line, not artistic expressions. You want artistic expressions, buy Gone Home or The Stanley Parable.

Whatever the reason, using terminology like "capitalistic framework" doesn't help your cause, because it is not only nonsensical, but it directs your argument to basically be "Well then, Justin Beiber must be one of the most talented artists around because of how people prefer him to others in the capitalistic framework that is the music industry".

Popularity isn't always correct; in fact it rarely is.

Going purely by the market, Justin Beiber is one of the most successful artists in history. Justin Beiber is a product to be sold and consumed, just like Forza 5 or any other big budget video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom