• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Watching TV With Xbox One Quick Look... man. The inaccuracy of the system certainly doesn't bode well for the "average" person. Someone like my wife who is not technical at all would probably stop trying to use voice commands after the first time it didn't work perfectly.

erawsd

watching the ryse QL, I don't why vinny is so bothered by different enemies type looking the same. Isn't that like 90% of the games where there're a few enemies types that you fight throughout the whole thing?

Yeah they do. However, I do think some of those others do a better job of hiding it. There's def something a bit jarring about fighting 3 guys who all have the same face. I imagine it also stands out a lot more when the entire game is pretty much just walking into wave after wave of these guys.

For instance, if those dudes had masks or armor or color variations it doesn't stand out as much.

Booshka

https://twitter.com/BobbyMiller3/status/403751657370292224

BZpp_jPIEAAH90H.jpg:large

Wow, this is awesome.

Ryan was fucking hilarious, RIP Duder.

dhlt25

Yeah they do. However, I do think some of those others do a better job of hiding it. There's def something a bit jarring about fighting 3 guys who all have the same face. I imagine it also stands out a lot more when the entire game is pretty much just walking into wave after wave of these guys.

For instance, if those dudes had masks or armor or color variations it doesn't stand out as much.

That makes sense. I guess those things has never bothered me since I play a lot of rpg and you basically fight the same thing over and over.

So Zelda seems pretty lame? The artstyle looks like shit, as does the whole transfer to 3D in general, and the game itself looks to be a pretty slavish remix of ALTTP (a game that I think is great). Seeing that QL it stood as something that crosses the line in qualifying for making references and instead just lifts things from the source material. I'd honestly rather just replay the original instead of some ugly "homage" to it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No matter what the device voice commands in general still suck. Unless it works reliable like in Star Trek I doubt I'll ever care.

even star trek was shit. "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot". You say "a cup of earl grey tea" and the replicator will do fuck all. shit is broken

Xater

even star trek was shit. "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot". You say "a cup of earl grey tea" and the replicator will do fuck all. shit is broken

Well you know what I mean. I mean that I want to say stuff and it just works, preferably also in normal sentences.

Edit: And on a completely different note, I would love it if GB added some new t-shirt designs. I have this coupon for their store but nothing I want is there.

eyeless

fcrTe2b.png

i just found out a new mainline ratchet game for the ps3 was released a week and a half ago

what how had i not even heard of its existence before

Majine

Banned
Goddamn. I was anticipating the new consoles very much, but now that they are here, the two games I want to play are on Nintendos systems. They both look super.

Xater

Goddamn. I was anticipating the new consoles very much, but now that they are here, the two games I want to play are on Nintendos systems. They both look super.

I think Zelda looks amazing. A Link to the Past is also my favorite Zelda so it is totally tailored to me. I really can't get excited for 3D World. The cats are cute but the game itself just isn't doing anything for me. I am also not that much into platformers, although I did like 3D Land a lot.

Jeff was right.

The voice commands work very well until you start using the one guide for TV. I asked for HBO and it gave me the Oprah channel.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Brad Shoemaker: Ryse Apologist. Good on Vinny for not buying his line on repeated character models in that QL, among other things.

That was a really weird complaint actually, because that's how it is for EVERY beat 'em up. Ever. Or videogames in general.

I can't name one game where there aren't repeated models. At least not for games where there are tons of enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom