• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the best/creepiest thing about that quick look are the youtube comments of people defending the Barbie TV show because they're SUPER into doll joints.

Some dude in the comments on the GB site was jocking/complaining that Patrick was probably going to write a article complaining about the sexism of that game... I bet that user didn't even watched the QL to know how bad it was.

If I purchase myself a gift code for a yearlong membership, will I still get the t-shirt coupon? I need to re-up but don't wanna have it automatically charge me next year.

FStop7

Banned
Pretty sure that would still be a technical nightmare.

The over the shoulder stuff they did for the Vita launch was passable quality. Not great, but passable. I'd prefer less than optimal coverage of good games vs. quick looks of garbage shovelware like Barbie.

popo

If I purchase myself a gift code for a yearlong membership, will I still get the t-shirt coupon? I need to re-up but don't wanna have it automatically charge me next year.

Not sure. If you re-up you can cancel immediatley and you still get the year you paid for.

waypoetic

Banned
Hey Alex Navarro. Why do you have to complain and make shitty jokes about everything, what the hell is wrong with you man?

"Oho-hoh-hooh, listen to my sarcastic and cynical jokes! Everything is awful, don't you see? Ohohooooooo!"

Shut up man, just shut the hell up.

popo

The over the shoulder stuff they did for the Vita launch was passable quality. Not great, but passable. I'd prefer less than optimal coverage of good games vs. quick looks of garbage shovelware like Barbie.

At this stage I suspect they could do it but don't want to give in to Sony.

JeTmAn81

Hey Alex Navarro. Why do you have to complain and make shitty jokes about everything, what the hell is wrong with you man?

"Oho-hoh-hooh, listen to my sarcastic and cynical jokes! Everything is awful, don't you see? Ohohooooooo!"

I think Alex would be a lot more tolerable if his voice wasn't so grating. Try to imagine some of the things Brad says in that voice. Try to imagine it...

Massa

Pretty sure that would still be a technical nightmare.

I get why it's not practical for every Vita game but it can't be that bad to point a camera at someone playing one game. Tearaway would actually benefit from that, I'd imagine not seeing the touchscreen and back touch inputs would be weird (MM even made several trailers like that).

kai3345

Banned

Yeah Alex needs to accept that he's not very funny. He's great when he's straight up expressing his thoughts on a game, but humor is def not his forte

waypoetic

Banned
I think Alex would be a lot more tolerable if his voice wasn't so grating. Try to imagine some of the things Brad says in that voice. Try to imagine it...

I don't know, sure his voice is freakin annoying though. Watching that Barbie QL he just concentrates to find stupid shit to complain about and just being miserable, while Jeff and Brad is screwing around and having a good time. He mentioned he has a girlfriend on the podcast - surely it must be a body pillow!

Lunzio

Yeah Alex needs to accept that he's not very funny. He's great when he's straight up expressing his thoughts on a game, but humor is def not his forte

I think it's a bit much to call a person not funny because a sense of humor is a completely subjective matter.

HOWEVER, I do agree that the negative tone and pure cynicism is personally grating to listen to for me (so I mostly avoid it). I don't want to live in a world where everything is "the worst."

Dany

Banned
people. alex is okay. I take back what I said. He was okay on the podcast and funy on the barbie QL. its okay.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Or get Dave back in to QL it. Anyone but Jeff, really.

Edit: re: GT6

Patryn

I think it's a bit much to call a person not funny because a sense of humor is a completely subjective matter.

HOWEVER, I do agree that the negative tone and pure cynicism is personally grating to listen to for me (so I mostly avoid it). I don't want to live in a world where everything is "the worst."

I will say that I actually really like Alex when he's talking about something he likes.

I want the GT6 quick look to have GT5's menu music dubbed over somehow, so people think it's reused music. Plus, that music rules.

If there's one thing I remember from the GT5 quick look, it's that SMOOTHEST OF JAZZ playing over the menus.

Also the date and time being wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom