• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Speaking of Dark Souls, I really hope they improve upon their boss design in 2. All the bosses in the DLC are tough, varied, fair fights, so maybe that's an indication of the quality we'll hopefully see in 2. Because I'm playing through (for the third time), and I'm at the damn bed of chaos again and fuck the bed of chaos. What a god damn terrible boss. There's nothing fun about it.

Phatmac

Hey Alex Navarro. Why do you have to complain and make shitty jokes about everything, what the hell is wrong with you man?

"Oho-hoh-hooh, listen to my sarcastic and cynical jokes! Everything is awful, don't you see? Ohohooooooo!"

Shut up man, just shut the hell up.

It's fine to complain but this is just awful. Calm down.

Wow I didn't even know there were secret messages in the Bombcats ID-Tags!
0o0xC7V.png

This changes life.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They really should have copied groups. Hopefully they'll figure it out, because even Nintendo basically has that shit down.

FStop7

Banned
At this stage I suspect they could do it but don't want to give in to Sony.

Ultimately this is Sony's stupid fuckup for making direct capture impossible for game sites, but I'd still rather see off screen capture of good games than direct feed capture of crap.

Jintor

Probably the best/creepiest thing about that quick look are the youtube comments of people defending the Barbie TV show because they're SUPER into doll joints.

Actually, I've seen a couple of clips of the TV show floating around tumblr, and they are surprisingly funny (in a genuinely hilarious way, not in a 'lol show about barbie' kind of way).

Probably the My Little Pony effect.

derFeef

Brad hating Win 8?
I really want to look over peoples shoulder who complain about the lack of a start menu and how much they use it in reality. Wild guess - not at all except "open explorer" which you can do with Win-X just fine.

eot

Banned
Meh, they should just use twitch and let everyone watch. This is like DRM, fucking the people who pay.

Brad hating Win 8?
I really want to look over peoples shoulder who complain about the lack of a start menu and how much they use it in reality. Wild guess - not at all except "open explorer" which you can do with Win-X just fine.

File explorer is on the task bar in 7/8 by default no? In any case the start menu has been one of the slower ways to do things since Vista, and certainly Windows 7 so the complaints are very silly considering how easily it can be replaced if you really want it.

JTV does niconico style kicking of users? Awful. I never watch anything live outside of the charity streams though. Prefer waiting for the high quality versions.

popo

Is Justin TV and Twitch different platforms then? I though it was just brand segregating game stuff to twitch and the rest to justin? Not sure why the quality would be different.

Also. I really like the new channel name :)

megalowho

Meh, they should just use twitch and let everyone watch. This is like DRM, fucking the people who pay.
No way to know about stuff like country limitations without real world testing. They're not trying to fuck anyone, and Twitch doesn't work for them moving forward - just streaming for free on it solves none of their problems.

Quality is pretty awful for me too, they should twitch stream it for free but make the archive premium until they can come up with a better solution than Justin.tv.

They really should have just gone free on twitch for a week or two.

It would give them time to look for better solutions and it would help advertise the benifits of going premium since they havent had anything similar since the 1 free happy hour a month.

megalowho

They really should have just gone free on twitch for a week or two.

It would give them time to look for better solutions and it would help advertise the benifits of going premium since they havent had anything similar since the 1 free happy hour a month.
No matter how promising or crippling a potential solution might be, there is no way to know for sure without moving past internal testing and actually trying to send something out to the public. Today they learned that Justin.tv won't work moving forward, they wouldn't be learning anything about what works or what doesn't if they just sit on Twitch. Full disclaimer, I do streaming video for a living :)

popo

Real world beta testing. They have not used Justin for a long time so have no way of knowing how well it works without giving it a go.

They would use u-stream if they really wanted to troll people.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but since they are CBS, why do they even need twitch at all? Surely they have an in-house solution.

JeTmAn81

Speaking of Dark Souls, I really hope they improve upon their boss design in 2. All the bosses in the DLC are tough, varied, fair fights, so maybe that's an indication of the quality we'll hopefully see in 2. Because I'm playing through (for the third time), and I'm at the damn bed of chaos again and fuck the bed of chaos. What a god damn terrible boss. There's nothing fun about it.

For a game as chock-full of bosses as Dark Souls, having one clunker isn't so bad. Let's just look at it this way: every enemy is a boss.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
What's kinda neat about the area Vinny is in now, the abyss or w/e it's called, is that
the path to the boss is actually really short once you've explored the dark areas. You can pretty much run from the bonfire to the boss door in about 30 seconds. I'm thinking he'll need to tread the same path a fair few times, if his encounter with this boss is anything like my first encounter with him.

Edit:

For a game as chock-full of bosses as Dark Souls, having one clunker isn't so bad. Let's just look at it this way: every enemy is a boss.

Yeah you're right. Anyway, I avoided the tedious back and forth by backing up my save outside the fog gate to get it over with. It feels justified for that encounter.

megalowho

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but since they are CBS, why do they even need twitch at all? Surely they have an in-house solution.
You'd be surprised how many big corporations contract out that kind of stuff, especially if it's not just internal presentations via Polycom or Cisco systems.

This sucks, can't watch more than 30 seconds without being kicked out, really hope we're not gonna spend the next few weeks trying out every streaming service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom