• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I was rewatching some early P4 endurance run

Vinny: Big Johnson says, 'Liquor in the front, poker in the rear'
Ryan (off mic): Haaaaah!
Jeff: I don't really see how that applies...
Ryan (off mic): Yeah, you wouldn't!

:lol

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually getting to the point where i can watch videos with featuring ryan and not get super upset. Maybe I'll watch some of the chrono ER.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I'm actually getting to the point where i can watch videos with featuring ryan and not get super upset. Maybe I'll watch some of the chrono ER.

Remembering those who have passed is the best way to honor them. Even if it makes you sad, it is way better than trying to push their existence out of your mind (not that that that is exactly what you're doin, but you know what i mean)

Kerned

Banned
I don't even know...they were going into the tv and were both like "oh man we might go to the liquor store!"

I don't remember any liquor store in persona, so I have no idea what prompted it. It was episode 25, btw

The liquor store is the first place you go in the TV world. You enter with Yosuke, and it serves as a tutorial I think.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Remembering those who have passed is the best way to honor them. Even if it makes you sad, it is way better than trying to push their existence out of your mind (not that that that is exactly what you're doin, but you know what i mean)

For sure. I'm actually glad I can stomach his content again. I watched that thing from the wikipedia blackout today and it was gold. Just the way he CONTROLS everything going on.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
My wife loves her 3DS and I did enjoy playing Theatrhythm on it, but the Vita has more games that I want to play, especially with PS+ making so many of them free.

Persona 4 Golden
Uncharted GA
Wipeout 2048
Gravity Rush
VLR
Muramasa
Hotline Miami

SMT IV is the only other 3DS game I'm somewhat interested in, but unlike most gamers I've never liked Zelda and Mario titles.

Persona 4, Muramasa, and Hotline Miami are all games that came out elsewhere (and better on some).

Uncharted and Wipeout - this part is opinion - seem like PS3 minis, in that they're just smaller versions of the games you'd really want to play.

I don't think the Vita looks like a crap show or anything, but I think comparatively the 3DS has a much wider range of really interesting and unique games to the platform.

I wonder what their game of the year pick will be? Last couple years it was between obvious contenders but this year I'm not so sure...
these games all got 5s:

super mario 3d world
rayman legends
brothers
GTA V
gone home
the last of us
bioshock infinite
dmc

God, looking at that list I just KNOW that Rayman is going to get shafted and that breaks my heart.

not really giant bomb related but if it wasn't for what happened to Ryan I wouldn't be so freaked out right now because I just got diagnosed with sleep apnea

going to try to get a CPAP machine as fast as I can

For what it's worth, my brother has had sleep apnea since he was about 16, has never once used a CPAP machine, and is ridiculously irresponsible with his health. He's like 25 now and isn't having any real issues with it.

You should definitely talk to your doctor and figure out what's best for you, but you shouldn't be exceptionally worried about not having treatment either.

Flandy

Earlier in the year (maybe in September?) I had my first experience with Giant Bomb which was the Persona 4 Endurance run. Watched most of the episodes that weren't dungeon crawling and generally enjoyed my time with that series. Where do I move on from here? Oh and why don't they do Endurance runs anymore? :(

Zaph

What you do is you go back and watch all the P4 ER episodes.

Some of the funniest shit happened during dungeon crawls.

smr00

Banned
not really giant bomb related but if it wasn't for what happened to Ryan I wouldn't be so freaked out right now because I just got diagnosed with sleep apnea

going to try to get a CPAP machine as fast as I can
To people who have done this i have 2 questions. This is important because i can't sleep on my back. It's literally impossible for me to sleep on my back due to my sarcoidosis and it's too hard for me to breath so do you have to sleep on your back in the sleep study? or can you sleep on your stomach?

Same goes with CPAP. Can you sleep on your stomach with these machines? Because agian, it's literally impossible to sleep on my back unless my sarcoid goes away. Because it effects my lungs and it's much, much harder to sleep on my back. I ask these questions because like 2 years ago i went under to get a lympth node removed my neck (cancer scare and how i found out about the sarc) they had to do something because i wasn't breathing well on my back and they told me i should do a sleep study.

fast forward 2 years and i wake up not breathing that well (which happens from time to time due to sarcoid + ashtma + allergies) but i figure i should do it just in case because sleep apnea is no joke.

Earlier in the year (maybe in September?) I had my first experience with Giant Bomb which was the Persona 4 Endurance run. Watched most of the episodes that weren't dungeon crawling and generally enjoyed my time with that series. Where do I move on from here? Oh and why don't they do Endurance runs anymore? :(

Next logical step is the Vinny/Jeff Deadly Premonition ER. It's great.

Endurance Runs still kiiiinda happen, they just don't really label them. Phantasmagoria and Bioforge can be considered Endurance Runs (they're certainly just as funny), and Load Our Last Souls is basically that too. Most likely the reason we don't see ERs any more is that it's a huge schedule burden on them, especially now that they have, like, CBSi meetings and shit to be at. Back when they were hiding out in a basement they could get away with it, nowadays probably not.

Flandy

Next logical step is the Vinny/Jeff Deadly Premonition ER. It's great.

Endurance Runs still kiiiinda happen, they just don't really label them. Phantasmagoria and Bioforge can be considered Endurance Runs (they're certainly just as funny), and Load Our Last Souls is basically that too. Most likely the reason we don't see ERs any more is that it's a huge schedule burden on them, especially now that they have, like, CBSi meetings and shit to be at. Back when they were hiding out in a basement they could get away with it, nowadays probably not.

I'll move onto Deadly Premonition I guess. Wondering if I should watch the Chrono Trigger or not. I have played it myself but I don't think I got more than 5 or so hours into it. Don't know if I should just go in and try to beat it one of these days. Also, all the ERs are blind right? That's what made P4 ER so great lol

FStop7

Banned
The Chrono Trigger ER was so bad. It felt like they only did it to shut up the people who would constantly badger them about doing another ER.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
What you do is you go back and watch all the P4 ER episodes.

Some of the funniest shit happened during dungeon crawls.

hmmmm and those are the episodes I usually skip...

are you telling me I have potentially hours of content to watch?!

strafer

aaaaw yiss

59a7iv7.png

I've watched pretty much all the great content they've put out over the year, and yet have never watched the ERs. Never had the time really with all the other content they put out. One day I'll go watch it.

Curufinwe

Persona 4, Muramasa, and Hotline Miami are all games that came out elsewhere (and better on some).

The Vita versions of those games are all superior to the other console versions. Golden adds a ton of new stuff, Muramasa uses a button for jumping on the Vita, and the touch screen is great for Hotline Miami.

Is the Barbie Quick Look funny through out or should I wait until someone does a round up of the best moments?

A 48 minutes QL for this game seems unnecessary.

mattp

The Vita versions of those games are all superior to the other console versions. Golden adds a ton of new stuff, Muramasa uses a button for jumping on the Vita, and the touch screen is great for Hotline Miami.

does up still jump as well?
i would love the jump button for platforming sections, but i actually liked using up in combat to kind of zip around

webrunner

To people who have done this i have 2 questions. This is important because i can't sleep on my back. It's literally impossible for me to sleep on my back due to my sarcoidosis and it's too hard for me to breath so do you have to sleep on your back in the sleep study? or can you sleep on your stomach?

Same goes with CPAP. Can you sleep on your stomach with these machines? Because agian, it's literally impossible to sleep on my back unless my sarcoid goes away. Because it effects my lungs and it's much, much harder to sleep on my back. I ask these questions because like 2 years ago i went under to get a lympth node removed my neck (cancer scare and how i found out about the sarc) they had to do something because i wasn't breathing well on my back and they told me i should do a sleep study.

fast forward 2 years and i wake up not breathing that well (which happens from time to time due to sarcoid + ashtma + allergies) but i figure i should do it just in case because sleep apnea is no joke.

i was told during the test to try to sleep on my back, but the test results afterwards included how i slept on my side (saying it was way worse on my back) so I guess I was on my side during the night at some point?

also given that i was told that my apnea is worse on my back I assume I can side-sleep using the machine

No Vinny for the Barbie QL.

Alex instead.

:/

Is a a great QL regardless of your opinion of Alex.

"Fuck Video Games" never sound more sincere...

Is the Barbie Quick Look funny through out or should I wait until someone does a round up of the best moments?

A 48 minutes QL for this game seems unnecessary.

Just watch it, dude... that video game is something you need to see to actually believe.

Mesoian

Probably the best/creepiest thing about that quick look are the youtube comments of people defending the Barbie TV show because they're SUPER into doll joints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom