• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the beauty you see in it. Not everyone feels that way. I notice that tons of people put Dark souls on a pedestal surrounded by their own ideas of how the game should be played. If none of those ways are done then they complain and say the person playing is doing it wrong.

But guess what? People enjoy games in different ways. Sorry but those things you hold so highly are not held as highly by everyone else. He didn't cheat the system. He used the tools provided to him and he had fun with it. That's what ultimately matters

And that is good.

Why are you thinking that I against the last part? I didn't want to say that, like at all.

Emarv

i would have thought ryan would have left all of his laserdisc to Jeff, knowing that Jeff holds onto everything.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
i would have thought ryan would have left all of his laserdisc to Jeff, knowing that Jeff holds onto everything.

I don't think Ryan left his anything to anyone because he likely wasn't expecting to die.

Most likely is that his wife Anna had rights over all his possessions.

popo

Few people think about a will at that age. Even if they have one, you don't usually bequeath specific possessions until you feel you are on your death bed. I have been putting off making one for some time even though most of my money is tied up in complex tax dodges and would be a nightmare for those left behind to sort through. New years resolution, maybe.

Emarv

I mean, I know he didn't have a will for these kinds of things, but sometimes buds know what's going to each other "if whatever happened", even in jest. My brother and I both know our more obscure collections are going to each other rather than staying with our wives because we'd care for the junk more. just a thought. didn't mean to be crass.

Few people think about a will at that age. Even if they have one, you don't usually bequeath specific possessions until you feel you are on your death bed. I have been putting off making one for some time even though most of my money is tied up in complex tax dodges and would be a nightmare for those left behind to sort through. New years resolution, maybe.

Fight the power bud

I mean, I know he didn't have a will for these kinds of things, but sometimes buds know what's going to each other "if whatever happened", even in jest. My brother and I both know our more obscure collections are going to each other rather than staying with our wives because we'd care for the junk more. just a thought. didn't mean to be crass.

That's great, but it will be up to the cooperation of your administrator and all entitled to your estate for your collections to go to your brother unless you've specifically stated it in a proper will.

Make a will, people, if you don't want your shit liquidated and split amongst anyone willing to make a scene if there's a family squabble

Booshka

I was gonna make a Will, but couldn't stop giggling when my attorney said the word "bequeath." So I never got around to it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Looking back at my message, sorry for how I responded. I'm sure you didn't intend it to come off that way, and I should have let my message come off as so cold.

Tan

Just watching the LOLS now; did Twitch really remove the ability to do private streams? Why would they do that?

Edit: Oh my god Vinny why
You were right to do it

Just watching the LOLS now; did Twitch really remove the ability to do private streams? Why would they do that?

Check here http://blog.twitch.tv/2013/11/access-code-feature-being-removed/

Twitch never gave a definitive answer as to why, but they have removed pretty much all features that allow people to run Private Channels or Hide Past Broadcasts. In the scope of most channels on Twitch it was a rarely used feature and they most likely decided to drop that feature so they could focus on more used features...

Zero315

Banned
I fucking lost it towards the end of the Barbie quick look when Jeff says "Look at my shit."

Maybe it's because I'm super tired, but I laughed for like five straight minutes over that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Something that irks me a little bit about LoLS, which I just realised, is that most of the group dynamic consists of vinny making a joke, then matt and rorie laughs. Not that it's bad, but if he's with someone like Jeff or Brad usually they play off each other much better.

This recent LoLS was a bit disappointing to me, I thought Vinny was off the Havel teat. His fight with Artorias with all the rolling was really good but Manus was not a lot of fun to watch, even if it did end up being pretty funny in the end.

Zocano

I will never ever understand the people that criticize the way Vinny plays Dark Souls. As if slapping on Havel's Armor + Iron Flesh is somehow "cheesing" the fight and ruining his experience. The (a) beauty of Dark Souls is choice and being able to play a huge array of styles. Criticizing people that choose not to roll and just put on big ass armor seems really backwards and condescending.

A few people mention how it's not entertaining for the stream, but I was certainly entertained. I may be in the minority (or majority), but that certainly doesn't matter when I think having this said viewpoint is simply restricting that of which Dark Souls is capable. I find it extremely silly, honestly. Rorie and Matt certainly enjoyed it. Vinny got different experiences out of the Artorias fight and Manus fight and that's fine. Why is it a problem? It certainly isn't for me and I'm sure plenty of other people enjoyed it, too. Most importantly, Vinny seemed to have a good time.

LordCanti

I closed my eyes for a second during the Barbie QL and opened them up to find that everything was all blurry and fucked. Turns out that the dog mini-game made my TV think it was SBS 3D and it enabled 3D mode. I thought I had lost my mind.

hamchan

I don't care how Vinny plays Dark Souls as long as the video is funny and entertaining, which it is. LOLS has been some of the best content coming from the site.

Volgarr is really good too, Brad needs to get on that again.

popo

Do they still talk mostly about child rearing and parenting anecdotes on Dadcast? 'cause I think I have had quite enough of that.

Jokab

I think it's pretty silly say that Vinny is somehow playing it "wrong". Guess what, it's a perfectly valid way to play the game and it works. If From didn't want anyone to play it that way, they wouldn't have put it in there, simple as that. Saying that it's taking away the challenge and therefore is inherently less fun is getting on a pretty high horse.

I think it's pretty silly say that Vinny is somehow playing it "wrong". Guess what, it's a perfectly valid way to play the game and it works. If From didn't want anyone to play it that way, they wouldn't have put it in there, simple as that. Saying that it's taking away the challenge and therefore is inherently less fun is getting on a pretty high horse.

I'm fine with the way he beat Manus and I did enjoy it, I just personally found the Artotias fight more fun to watch.

I'm also slightly annoyed at just how quickly Vinny beat him :p It took me sooooo many tries!

Yep. I've consistently found the most unenjoyable aspect of Dark Souls is (some of) the community around the game because of stuff like this.

Serra

FUCK YOU VINNY

Y U KILL WAIFU

Yep. I've consistently found the most unenjoyable aspect of Dark Souls is (some of) the community around the game because of stuff like this.

Relying on crutches like the drakesword or iron flesh makes you a shittier player in the long run. I don't have any problem with Vinny using iron flesh but IF he wanted to play NG+ he would most likely have lots of trouble because he is actually pretty bad at the game. He doesn't understand even basic tactics. And thats fine, we watch Load Our Last Souls for the entertainment at him banging his head against the wall until it crumbles, not to see him actually get good at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom