• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

I'm really tired of the Dark Souls videos, I wish they would go back to playing old shitty PC games and/or Xbox and Ps2 stuff.

popo

I'm really tired of the Dark Souls videos, I wish they would go back to playing old shitty PC games and/or Xbox and Ps2 stuff.

Well you should have one - two at the most - more DS shows and then they are done with that. As for playing bad PC games - I think Unprofessional Fridays has a fair amount of that.

You are aware of what "dad" means, correct?

That's kind of the point of the Dadcast.

Sure, that was the first couple of episodes I listened to but I tought they might branch off in to other topics as they went along. Like they come together as Dads, that is what they have in common, but podcast about whatever interests them. I guess not. Once you have heard one story about nappy incidents you have heard them all imo.

Serra

They basically have 1 boss left. Easy and fast to get to. 1 other optional boss (which I hope they do) which is really quick to get to also. So im predicting one last show.

ArjanN

Less fun to watch

And also to play.

It's like how Jeff turns his character into a tank in every game with character upgrades and then complains the game is boring, :p

Or buttonmashing in a fighter. Sure you might win a game and even have fun, but ultimately in a challenging/skillbased game playing the "correct" way, as snooty as that sounds, is ultimately much more rewarding.

It's almost over. To be honest I'm getting tired of them playing bad games ironically like on unprofessional fridays. I much prefer the long form playing of something that's actually good.

jmood88

Well you should have one - two at the most - more DS shows and then they are done with that.
That's good news.

As for playing bad PC games - I think Unprofessional Fridays has a fair amount of that.

Yeah but 15-20 minutes isn't as entertaining as a full hour and a half+ of watching Vinny play something extremely dumb.

It's almost over. To be honest I'm getting tired of them playing bad games ironically like on unprofessional fridays. I much prefer the long form playing of something that's actually good.

Well, I don't really think that Dark Souls is that good and it's just not fun for me to watch. Everything about it bores me.

eot

Banned
They basically have 1 boss left. Easy and fast to get to. 1 other optional boss (which I hope they do) which is really quick to get to also. So im predicting one last show.

Unless he kills Gwynevere and has to make that long as trek to fight Gwyndolin each time.
Good luck Iron Fleshing that fight.

FStop7

Banned

Me too. That Barbie thing was a bridge too far. Someone else pointed out they did nothing with Burial at Sea.

I like the volgarr and dark souls stuff because there's an actual effort happening to play good games.

Xater

They should return to some classic PC titles. They got so much stuff over the years and there were a lot of great titles in there.

I'd kinda like them to go back to playing parts of games they are currently playing on UPF. It was fun watching Vinny beat Castlevania with everyone else there.

popo

I'd kinda like them to go back to playing parts of games they are currently playing on UPF. It was fun watching Vinny beat Castlevania with everyone else there.

A lot of people complained bitterly about that - on here and in chat. Goes to show you just can't please everyone, personal tastes and all that.

I think the best thing to do is let them decide what they want to play/cover for themselves. TNT showed that if you force them in to things they just complain and automatically push back against it.

Dany

Banned
Rorie and Vinny are too old to know what runescape is
KuGsj.gif

Mesoian

Sure, that was the first couple of episodes I listened to but I tought they might branch off in to other topics as they went along. Like they come together as Dads, that is what they have in common, but podcast about whatever interests them. I guess not. Once you have heard one story about nappy incidents you have heard them all imo.

You are not a dad.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What level is Vinny supposed to be if he's apparently so overpowered? I think I was higher than that and never grinded. Just didn't lose any souls and beat all the bosses.
82 at the very end doesn't seem high.

As a dad, the Dadcast is total dad catharsis. I wouldn't expect everyone to get it.

paul187

So I take it Breaking Brad: Volgar is done now? Pretty bummed out as it was the only new premium show that interested me.

Vinny is playing Dark Souls the way I played Dark Souls, so I am enjoying it. I cheesed Manus even worse (arrow trick), so I though he did a good job in the battle.

Massa

Yep. I've consistently found the most unenjoyable aspect of Dark Souls is (some of) the community around the game because of stuff like this.

That goes for every community on the internet, including Giantbomb and NeoGAF. Have you seen this thread on a weekend? :p

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
So I take it Breaking Brad: Volgar is done now? Pretty bummed out as it was the only new premium show that interested me.

Not at all, just other stuff getting in the way. Plus the Great Twitch Calamity of '13. Stay tuned.

Megasoum

Banned
Not at all, just other stuff getting in the way. Plus the Great Twitch Calamity of '13. Stay tuned.

You guys should switch to Youtube. Having the DVR feature and the possibility to watch those on a tablet a GAME CHANGER. Not sure if YT has any passcode feature tho?

I think the only charge that can be levied against the Dark Souls videos is people need to not come in and give him items because they see him in the stream.

That really kind of kills the spirit of the game.

Mesoian

You guys should switch to Youtube. Having the DVR feature and the possibility to watch those on a tablet a GAME CHANGER. Not sure if YT has any passcode feature tho?

That probably has more to do with the fact that youtube streaming isn't at the same level as twitch is, both on a user end and as a service. They did some testing with it but it looked MARKEDLY worse than their usual twitch output. Google still has a long way to go with live streams.

bigkrev

Patrick has also mentioned that the reason they do Scoops and The Wolf on his own YT account instead of the Giantbomb one is that the main account has been flagged for copyrighted material in the past, and even though it was always a mistake, there is a certian threshold where YT just nukes your account automatically. They don't want that to happen, so they are probably extra careful with what they put on YT (for example, The XBOX TV video wasn't posted)

Zaph

Not sure if this has been posted, but apparently Jeff's long lost brother (son?) is starring in Kirstie Alley's new show:

[IMG ]http://www.organicliaison.com/assets/images/20131111.jpg[/IMG]
That's just fucking uncanny. Thought it was a photoshop at first glance.

It's always been second to people trying to dismiss the game out of fear.
...ok? I'm not sure what you're saying here. I'm not doing that. I like the game a lot.

That goes for every community on the internet, including Giantbomb and NeoGAF. Have you seen this thread on a weekend? :p
Well sure. :p But what I mean is, the over the top, fervent fellating and zealous proselytizing of the game grew sorely tiresome, and turned me off the game for a long time. Add to that the constant "Dark Should is way better than ____" and "_____ should have Dark Souls combat/difficulty" for every game and it was a perfect storm for annoyance.

Relying on crutches like the drakesword or iron flesh makes you a shittier player in the long run.
But why does that matter to you? If I'm having fun doing it my way, cheesing bosses and the game's systems, who cares if I'm not as good at it as someone else? If I'm not going to dig deep into the game like others, so what?

Curufinwe

But why does that matter to you? If I'm having fun doing it my way, cheesing bosses and the game's systems, who cares if I'm not as good at it as someone else? If I'm not going to dig deep into the game like others, so what?

And the Souls games encourage cheesing by not putting checkpoints before bosses. On Demon Souls I tried to beat the Armor Spider legit a bunch of times, but having to spend 5 minutes running back to him every time I died got old in a hurry and served no purpose but to waste my time. So I found the spot in the wall where I could use arrows safely and killed him that way. Anyone who has a problem with that can get fuuuucked.

sixghost

Well sure. :p But what I mean is, the over the top, fervent fellating and zealous proselytizing of the game grew sorely tiresome, and turned me off the game for a long time. Add to that the constant "Dark Should is way better than ____" and "_____ should have Dark Souls combat/difficulty" for every game and it was a perfect storm for annoyance.
This sentiment never makes any sense. How would that have any effect on your potential enjoyment of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom