• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

Patricks got some good taste, 8 is the best.

I liked 9 back when it first came out, but I doubt I could ever replay it, the battle system is way to slow, I don't have the patience for it anymore.

Dragon

Banned
Patricks got some good taste, 8 is the best.

I liked 9 back when it first came out, but I doubt I could ever replay it, the battle system is way to slow, I don't have the patience for it anymore.

8 legitimately makes no sense. The plot is such a train wreck it's incredible.

Jintor

8 legitimately makes no sense. The plot is such a train wreck it's incredible.

I really like it up until the point where they start talking about the orphanage and then they go to esther and Squall's forgotten adopted sister keeps popping up almost at random

Sorceress stuff is fine up until they actually start explaining it. Then they go fucking insane.

I am not surprised Patricks hipster ass likes FF8.

That game was ok. Was fun to be overpowered as hell. I should get back to replaying it actually. Played though Disc 1 on Vita earlier in the year and never went back to disc 2.

birdman

the sad part is you're all wrong.

the best ps1 ff is

Fftbox.jpg

The only correct answer.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I really like the cut of your jib.

Yes, RW was such a fantastic little game.

Was it? I was just kidding, but it's the only FF game I've owned/played, albeit only for about 10 minutes.

We might get an extra podcast for GOTY week. Jeff said last night on mixer that the current plan is for an all emails podcast that week, in addition to the GOTY podcasts.

Dany

Banned
GOTY is usually 5 days so they might start on the 24th through the 28th and do an email podcast for the 31st so they wouldn't have to show up to the office.

faridmon

Was it? I was just kidding, but it's the only FF game I've owned/played, albeit only for about 10 minutes.

It was very enjoyable, the story is quite lighthearted, but the writing is among the best in SE (better than Tactics IMO) and the gameplay, while had its limitation for being on the DS, was quite enjoyable and challenging. Yes, it can be quite hard at times.

Bloody great game that made me disregard Gaf's own opinion on gaming in general.

I really hope you give it another go.

faridmon

Come on guys we all know 12 is clearly the best FF. Anyway, the wait for game of the year stuff is killing me.

Yeah, for me; 12, 6, 10-2, RW, Tactics, Tactics A2 and III (remake) are the best FF games
7, 9, 5, Crystal Chronical and 10 follows
4 was subpar
everything else blows

Haven't played the online MMO ones.

7 is far better then the trash that was 8, The draw system was outright terrible, and the story was so boring I never could finish it. That is the first FF that I didn't finish.
Swap Draw System for Materia System and you described my experience with 7. Never finished it after several attempts, story was dull garbage.

popo

I seriously believe that they quick looked two brothers just so that they can make another brothers joke.

That might have pushed them over but someone on Jeff's tumblr specifically asked if they would QL it.

so, with no Unprofessional Friday's listed, guess no Friday show?

Not safe to assume. It might mean no show, it could also mean they just have not automatically added it to the schedule yet. Has happened before.

8 is such a pile a shit. MAYBE you could make the argument the FF2 was worse but it's a NES game and it's hard to judge it the same way. Worst combat, worst story, worst characters

FStop7

Banned
8 is such a pile a shit. MAYBE you could make the argument the FF2 was worse but it's a NES game and it's hard to judge it the same way. Worst combat, worst story, worst characters

I didn't play FF7 until right after 8 was released in America. I went to an Electronics Boutique or Gamestop to get a copy of 7 and I swear the guy who rang me up spent 15 minutes trying to convince me that 8 wasn't so bad. I had no idea at the time that there was any controversy about FF8 so I just politely smiled and nodded as he continued his missive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom