• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shosai

Banned
I didn't play FF7 until right after 8 was released in America. I went to an Electronics Boutique or Gamestop to get a copy of 7 and I swear the guy who rang me up spent 15 minutes trying to convince me that 8 wasn't so bad. I had no idea at the time that there was any controversy about FF8 so I just politely smiled and nodded as he continued his missive.

Expectations were super-high after FF7 took America by storm, and when FF8 failed to live up people weren't sure if the problem lied in us or Square. I mean, the game certainly looked flippin' fantastic, even compared to FF7. The story and gameplay were still great by regular video game standards, leaving most critics too squeamish to really give it anything lower than a 9/10

It wasn't until a few more mainline FF games came out that the formula became more defined, allowing average fans to better articulate where the game fell short (incoherent anime plot, long summons, xp scaling, and a romance plot at the forefront that was cribbed straight from Japan's then-infatuation with Titanic)

Zaph

Any word on UPF?

They've been late putting stuff on the schedule this week, but with the twitch issue and GOTY, wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled today.

Jokab

You guys are forgetting about the secret best Final Fantasy:

Final_Fantasy_Mystic_US_boxart.jpg

I'm serious, it's my favorite

Having had the displeasure of watching Barbie with my niece I can say that the sentient house robot is canon and not a Portal ripoff as they implied.

kvk1

What the heck is that FarmFury! game under the Top Releases section?

Surely it can't be what I think it is.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are forgetting about the secret best Final Fantasy:

Final_Fantasy_Mystic_US_boxart.jpg

I'm serious, it's my favorite

I have FFAdventure on Gameboy. Aren't they kind of the same game?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dayum, thats some high praise. I wonder who its from.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe their optical connection is frozen solid.

Zaph

I wish looping chiptunes/8bit music would just die. Drives me crazy.

I'm gonna get crucified for this

Megasoum

Banned
Can that be their actual player please. I'm watchin actual HD quality without it being bad.

I'm pretty sure that's the plan. They said that the CBSi engineers were working on a new player and this is the player that was introduced on the new gamespot redesign a couple of weeks ago so that would make sense that it will be moved to GB at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom