• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So that pretty much confirm that speculations that what Brad and Jeff were talking about yesterday is the new game from Hello Games

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no and that it was something else. But I have nothing to base that off other than my own intuition. LOL, I have a hair cut at 3:15 so I'm gonna miss the first hour or so of the awards.

Agkel

I'm expecting both Rogue Legacy and Thomas Was Alone to have strong showings.

I agree with Rogue Legacy, it seems that all of them liked it and they continued to mention it past it's release. Although I dont remember if Jeff played/liked it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
thomas was alone was definitely not a 2013 game.. that game is old.

fleck0

You just made me sad :/

That could have been great

Yeah after how great E3 was this year I don't know if I can watch mainstream Press events without their commentary anymore.

I agree with Rogue Legacy, it seems that all of them liked it and they continued to mention it past it's release. Although I dont remember if Jeff played/liked it.

If I'm remembering right he played the most of it.

Or he can play the game and love it! Either way in my mind it won't be 100% genuine, but that is me.

Whose opinion is ever 100% genuine, then? We all have likes, dislikes, and contexts in which we play games or consume any media.

There is no one who goes in to any video game completely objectively. Not you, I, Brad Shoemaker, or anyone else.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I think Bioshock might win by default...a pretty divergent year for all of them.

Interesting to see if this super ambition indie game is Hello Games.

Those guys are pretty small and mostly ex criterion so I only ever expected some small fun gamy games from them.

Massa

Whose opinion is ever 100% genuine, then? We all have likes, dislikes, and contexts in which we play games or consume any media.

There is no one who goes in to any video game completely objectively. Not you, I, Brad Shoemaker, or anyone else.

The difference in this case is that Brad Shoemaker himself came in here and said all the nagging was having a negative effect on his opinion of the game, and made him not want to play it at all.

Whatever though, who cares.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Mmm, yeah weird mix up! I guess they're both three word games with a pronoun as the centerpiece?

RE_Player

I don't want to dwell on this since it's really a stupid thing to discuss but Brad's case is not the average. You or I didn't, nor will we ever, have countless people on multiple forums discuss our playing habits and push us to play a certain game. I feel like this is more than the typical scenario of going into a piece of media with some preconceived notions.

strafer

Jeff mentioned on mixed that they might put the chat up for VGX.

rk1vn4.gif

Brad and Vinny didn't love GTA V, and Jeff and Brad don't love The Last of Us, but if I remember correctly they all really liked Bioshock Infinite. I imagine that's going to take it.

Game of the Year 2013

m1yfNg3l.jpg

Too bad they didn't do a quick look for this, though understandable considering how crazy busy they were then. I bought it in the last steam sale (for full price >.>) and it's really good.

What are some contender's for 2013's 2012 game of the year? I know of Miami Hotline, it came to PSN this year.
Both Hotline Miami and FTL ended up getting shafted in the site-wide top 10 last year, and Brad ended up playing both and really liking them on his Extra Life stream, so for the lack of any other ideas, I reckon those two have a shot.

Fo' real though, Dark Souls is gonna win.

Putting the chat up just means putting the chat up - aka looking at some anonymous people on the internet argue about unimportant things.

This is nothing to get excited or Kranky about

chubbytired

Neo Member
Something great was lost by the GB crew not doing live commentary for this. I keep muting the stream because it gets too painful to listen to. It's incredible.

I'm really liking the "Geoff Keighley's impotent rage" angle for the VGX this year.

EDIT: Also one of those Reggie memes was totally just Reggie's face pasted onto Hardcore Dave.

popo

Can't expect them to come in on a weekend just to watch this crap. They should have hired Jeff Green freelance to liveblog it.

Jokab

Jeff Gerstmann
‏@jeffgerstmann
Went from zero to "holy fucking shit" on No Man's Sky after seeing that trailer yesterday. I have high hopes.

Jeff is never this excited. Game must be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom