• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
What if Jeff got put away and continued to broadcast his insanity through phonecall recordings like how rappers record from jail over the phone.

popo

I should point out that, even jokingly, I meant sociopathy in the clinical sense - lack of empathy, emotions - rather than the hollywood sense - dresses up in a skin suit and keeps bodies under his house.

Actually, thinking about it - maybe he is just a replicant. Maybe they all are? Drewbot is obviously an early prototype.

Its not unusual. I was always told to hold it in when I was a kid - I havent cried for 20 years.

Not even if you caught your balls in a zip or sliced off your toes with a hedge trimmer?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Someone asked awhile back in this thread about the episode where Ryan tells the story of a kid throwing water on a guy. It's April 9 of this year.

That was me, thanks!

Jintor

Along similar lines I was thinking they should do a parody of E3 press conferences/general live broadcasts.

Really awkward presenters, bad jokes, slow autocues that sort of thing.

And, of course, amazing camera work.

Where was that dumb quick look with Vinny and Ryan where they were fullsale mocking a really shitty E3 presentation? Think it was for Kinect or maybe the Playstation Eye.

It was glorious.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

ryan_uncrustables_by_alo81-d6cx33s.gif

Since we're posting old quick looks, what's everyone's favorite Patrick and Alex centered ones? I feel like watching some that I haven't seen in a while, or have completely forgotten about like that PSMove one posted above.

Dug

Banned
What ever happened with Vinny being contacted by United Front? I remember they sent him a tweet wanting to talk but not sure if anything else happened...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
There's been so many SD QLs. Wasn't there two just for the vanilla game?

No you are mistaken. One was for the DEMO of Sleeping Dogs. Then one was for the actual game. Then they had ones for the DLC.

And everyone was glorious (the demo one was actually kind of meh)

Ken

No you are mistaken. One was for the DEMO of Sleeping Dogs. Then one was for the actual game. Then they had ones for the DLC.

Ah, I didn't know there even was a demo for SD. The title for the video on YT is just (preview).

It's funny what a vastly different impression the Sleeping Dogs demo quick look gives compared to the Vinny ones. When I watched the demo quick look, I had zero interest in the game. When I saw the first Vinny quick look, I immediately added it to my Christmas list and ended up having a blast with it.

There's been so many SD QLs. Wasn't there two just for the vanilla game?

One for a demo version, another for the base game. Then one for just about every major DLC release. I think Patrick's only substantial role was in the infamous Nightmare in North Point QL.
"Vinny, I think this DLC is haunted."

Massa

There was also the GOTY quick look.

Joeku

Any word on what that United Front dev tweeting at Vinny after the final quick look actually led to, if anything?

M3z_

I have a memory of Jeff showing off Tony Hawk Proving Ground to Ryan and showing off the feature where you could customize a special trick actively or something like that. Anyways they don't seem to have any quick look for it, but I thought I specifically remember it only being those two, not a live show kinda thing. Am I crazy?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just wanted to say, euro truck simulator 2 is really fucking fun.

There's nothing like driving down the european countryside while listening to a dutch radio cycle through a dutch rapper, Pitbull, Avicii and Miley Cyrus.

jgminto

So what games were y'all disappointed to see the guys totally skip over this year? Would be Ace Attorney Dual Destinies for me. Just seemed odd that they'd skip over a new title from a fairly big series. I don't even remember hearing about any of the guys playing it on the bombcast, unless I missed it. Especially since it's such an ace game.

Also SMT4. Or maybe they're waiting for the EU/AUS release for that...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So what games were y'all disappointed to see the guys totally skip over this year? Would be Ace Attorney Dual Destinies for me. Just seemed odd that they'd skip over a new title from a fairly big series. I don't even remember hearing about any of the guys playing it on the bombcast, unless I missed it. Especially since it's such an ace game.

Also SMT4. Or maybe they're waiting for the EU/AUS release for that...

They've never covered any of the previous Ace Attorney or mainline SMT games so I'm not sure what you expected. They generally ignore JRPGs (too much of a time commitment) and Patrick acknowledged wanting to try AA5, but that he just didn't have the time.

Why would they wait for the EU/AUS release of anything? Especially on the region locked 3DS?

Jintor

Enemy Within. Apart from that QL EX, you'd think they'd have time for some alien-punching mechs.

They've never covered any of the previous Ace Attorney or mainline SMT games so I'm not sure what you expected. They generally ignore JRPGs (too much of a time commitment) and Patrick acknowledged wanting to try AA5, but that he just didn't have the time.

They did cover Ace Attorney Investigations for some bizarre reason

jgminto

Well, all of the previous mainline AA/SMT games released before GB was a thing
Why would they wait for the EU/AUS release of anything? Especially on the region locked 3DS?

That was a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom