• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredo

So what games were y'all disappointed to see the guys totally skip over this year? Would be Ace Attorney Dual Destinies for me. Just seemed odd that they'd skip over a new title from a fairly big series. I don't even remember hearing about any of the guys playing it on the bombcast, unless I missed it. Especially since it's such an ace game.

Also SMT4. Or maybe they're waiting for the EU/AUS release for that...

Ace Attorney seems like it was more of a Ryan thing. He did Quick Looks both for Investigations and the WiiWare release of the first Phoenix Wright.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
They did cover Ace Attorney Investigations for some bizarre reason

I completely forgot about that one. That was pre-Patrick too. How random. It did come out during a rather sparse Feb though...

As for me, I'd say Bioshock: Burial at Sea. Everyone was so hyped for it when it was announced but most outlets just didn't cover it. I'm not sure the Giantbomb guys even know it came out.

jgminto

Yeah that was weird, especially after they covered the survival mode dlc. I think Patrick said he was going to play it soon.

popo

What ever happened with Vinny being contacted by United Front? I remember they sent him a tweet wanting to talk but not sure if anything else happened...

Any word on what that United Front dev tweeting at Vinny after the final quick look actually led to, if anything?

from tumblr

boothisman asked: A couple of months ago, the Sleeping Dogs developers wanted to get in contact with you for some reason. Was there ever any follow up to that? Did they discuss putting you in their next game? Did they send a gift basket?

Vinny: They wanted to say they really enjoyed the QLs but didn’t want to contact me before we had finished the last one, to avoid it being weird. I really appreciated them waiting until it was done and also glad they had a good time with it. That game is fun

popo

Ugh. Three things I like but have seen enough of on GB.

Dark Souls, Sleepy Dawgz and (don't hurt me) Windjammers.

An-Det

This Barbie quick look is actually pretty amazing just because of the pain it's causing Jeff

Agreed, we put that on while waiting for people to arrive yesterday and while I was expecting it to be awful, Jeff's reactions were gold to it.

"Dont worry guys, there is still under two minutes left for this minigame".

For some reason, I confused Cara Ellison and Aoife Wilson in my head when Patrick said who was going to be on the show last week

Cara Ellison was a great guest. I was expecting over the weekend for it to be the OXM staffer, which I don't think I would have enjoyed.

Zaph

Just so people don't think we've gone completely mad in the UK, Cara was wrong about Manhunt 2. It was rejected by the BBFC (effectively a 'ban'), but the decision was overturned on appeal. Manhunt 2 is freely available uncut in the UK.

Aside from that fuck up, the BBFC is a damn good and transparent classification board. It's a shame most game classifications are now handled by PEGI - sensibilities vary culturally too much to be handled by a single, pan-European board.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ha. Its super weird to see cara in the flesh. Haven't had that dissonance when seeing a podcaster/writer in a while.

popo

I had assumed "eXxy" was an embarassing variation on "sexy". Being a drivative of "X-tremer" is somehow even worse.

kvk1

Ugh. Three things I like but have seen enough of on GB.

Dark Souls, Sleepy Dawgz and (don't hurt me) Windjammers.

CcBAIgW.gif

I want them to do a season of fighting games. Each week they play an old or new fighting game, use the power of the GB community for strats and character choice and they have at it. Stupid looking trophy will me handed. Then they move on to the next week and add the name to the trophy like the stanley cup but for dumb video games.

I want them to do a season of fighting games. Each week they play an old or new fighting game, use the power of the GB community for strats and character choice and they have at it. Stupid looking trophy will me handed. Then they move on to the next week and add the name to the trophy like the stanley cup but for dumb video games.

Jeff would win every week.

I wonder how the 'best soundtrack' category is going to look. 2012 was an awesome year for soundtracks (Hotline Miami, FTL, Kid Icarus, Asura's Wrath, Fez), but I can't think of much standout OSTs from this year. Remember Me? Resogun? Jeff was pretty down with Super Motherload's soundtrack.

Also Killer Instinct has 'best surprise' on lock 100%, with Assassin's Creed 4 and maybe Shadow Warrior as runners up.

I wonder how the 'best soundtrack' category is going to look. 2012 was an awesome year for soundtracks (Hotline Miami, FTL, Kid Icarus, Asura's Wrath, Fez), but I can't think of much standout OSTs from this year. Remember Me? Resogun? Jeff was pretty down with Super Motherload's soundtrack.

Also Killer Instinct has 'best surprise' on lock 100%, with Assassin's Creed 4 and maybe Shadow Warrior as runners up.

I'd put Starbound somewhere in there, if that counts since it's in beta, it has some great music.

Megasoum

Banned
Wow listening to the Bombin in the AM crew talking about how to get your hands on the UK documentary.... I'm surprised they didn't die in a fire by now.

I'm really sick of windjammers. Sorry. It seems really fun and competitive to play, but it seems like all dialogue shuts down when they play it and it goes on really long.

Nestunt

tiny barbarian's theme was so coool

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah but they are suggesting that people should find a way on the internet to get their hands on it... Dirty dirty pirates.
Hah, yeah. On the one hand, it's like the whole "I download games to test them out on my PC before buying" thing, but the flip side is that the show will probably never be available outside of the UK.

Blood Dragon should be there, but the unnecessary "GAMES GET IT?!" jokes probably left such a sour taste in the their mouths that I don't think any of them even finished the thing.

Yeah but they are suggesting that people should find a way on the internet to get their hands on it... Dirty dirty pirates.

As far as I can tell, you can just watch the whole thing online for free if you're in the UK. It will probably never be sold. As an American, if I can just spoof a British IP address and watch it on the official Channel 4 website, is that really pirating? I don't know. It doesn't really feel that way to me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As far as I can tell, you can just watch the whole thing online for free if you're in the UK. It will probably never be sold. As an American, if I can just spoof a British IP address and watch it on the official Channel 4 website, is that really pirating? I don't know. It doesn't really feel that way to me.
Valve considers using VPNs to be against TOS, fwiw.

But yeah, I have no idea. It's like Americans who watch Doctor Who or Downton Abbey or Sherlock or whatever when they air on UK TV.

Megasoum

Banned

If you should die in a fire for using adblock you should probably chop yourself into pieces for using a VPN/Proxy!

Ni no kuni, Link between worlds, and killer instinct come to mind in best osts. Those 3 already stand out in my mind as better than anything last year sans Hotline Miami.

Jintor

RULES OF NAAAAATUUUUUREEEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom