• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's played more of the games relevant to the discussion than anyone else at Giant Bomb. Or is this just your daily Two Minutes Hate for all things Alex?

The last time I've even mentioned Alex in a post (go ahead and search, there is a few mentioning Alex the footballer in the football thread before then) is 06-05-2013. My daily hate. :3

But yes I do tend to not like him on bombcasts and quicklooks.

I have to be honest, and it hurts saying there is anything GB does that I don't enjoy, but...

The Game of the Year stuff they do is unbearable to me. Has less to do with them and how they do it -- more because I just don't give a fuck what people think the game of the year is in any capacity.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I do like him. There, I brought balance to the world.

I have to be honest, and it hurts saying there is anything GB does that I don't enjoy, but...

The Game of the Year stuff they do is unbearable to me. Has less to do with them and how they do it -- more because I just don't give a fuck what people think the game of the year is in any capacity.

I don't care much about the actual placement either, but the podcasts are pretty cool I think, kind of rounding off the year and what games they liked, just talking a bit about them all.

Ugh. Three things I like but have seen enough of on GB.

Dark Souls, Sleepy Dawgz and (don't hurt me) Windjammers.
day2_patrick3rev_dwi_kiu5c.gif

GOTY filming time already man time goes fast :O

I don't care much about the actual placement either, but the podcasts are pretty cool I think, kind of rounding off the year and what games they liked, just talking a bit about them all.

Yeah in general my opinion on games don't gel with the guys but I just like hearing them talk. Im pretty sure the same applies to a lot of people really.

Plus the GOTY podcasts have infighting and dirty deals. It's like politics except in this case politics is fun.

Nestunt

probably the podcasts in which they talk the most about videogames per minute :D

mintyice

Naw, I think they liked it, but none of them are hot on it.

As long as it ranks higher than Brothers, I'll be happy. Makes up for #Skyrimgate.

None of them were all that hot on any one game though, and now that all the new consoles are out it seems like it might be a game for one of those. It could end up being AC4 just because it's fresh in their minds.

AcridMeat

Banned
None of them were all that hot on any one game though, and now that all the new consoles are out it seems like it might be a game for one of those. It could end up being AC4 just because it's fresh in their minds.
Now I'm second guessing, I thought every one of them liked Infinite? I'm sticking to my guns on that.

I just want the Idle Thumbs clowns to pull some giantbomb.net shenanigans with goty.cx. Not enough Scoops beefin' lately.

Does it look like motherfucking Tuesday to you? No. Bombcast: Every Tuesday.
Oh yeah it's totally a day early phew! To be fair it is Tuesday morning where I live :)

ev0

Noticed my Premium sub ends today. It's too bad they didnt do a Thanksgiving sale like they did the past few years. I really have no use for that $15 credit to the store. To renew or not right now hmm, I need my Load our Last Souls heh

popo

TV show piracy always gets a pass. A very common hipocrisy.

So ignore the rankings and you still get a (mostly) enjoyable long podcast looking back at the games they like - and didn't - of that year. The only thing that drags is the last hour or so of the final show when someone (*cough* Brad) refuses to give it up and they all talk around in circles.

Lunzio

Noticed my Premium sub ends today. It's too bad they didnt do a Thanksgiving sale like they did the past few years. I really have no use for that $15 credit to the store. To renew or not right now hmm, I need my Load our Last Souls heh

Some of the PAX codes still might work and you can get the sub for $35. I know they're doing a year-end sale this year too though.

popo

Now I'm second guessing, I thought every one of them liked Infinite? I'm sticking to my guns on that.

The vast majority of GAF liked it at the time, but in the end I think it's turned out very forgettable.

It has little replay value, the DLC was largely disapointing and the ending, while clever and memorable at the time, seems more derivative and less cohesive the more you think about it.

pizza dog

Banned
It has little replay value, the DLC was largely disapointing and the ending, while clever and memorable at the time, seems more derivative and less cohesive the more you think about it.

Nailed it. My own satisfaction with that game had a half-life of about an hour, but seems most people have turned on it by now. Plus the whole narrative about the thing after the fact--that "it shouldn't be a shooter" GAF thread, the Tevis Thompson piece--was focused on what a disappointment it is.

The Last of Us dodged all that by I guess being better, everybody put their "story-based game that is art" stock in it instead.

KingKong

Peggle 2 looks exactly like Peggle.. I guess thats fine, I dont know, I expected more than a map pack. Well as long as it syncs progress between iPhone and iPad I'll be happy

FStop7

Banned
Right now GTA 5 is my goty followed by Revengeance, The Last of Us, and Bioshock Infinite... after that it gets kind of hazy because I haven't played that much else from this year. Of what I listed I see B:I being the weakest of the bunch in terms of being a video game, but its story genuinely moved me.

I know Drew mentioned he wanted to do an X:Rebirth Quick Look, but I wonder he thinks its just too broken to bother. They've been patching the game like multiple times every week since it released. Such a bummer. I was so excited for that game pre-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom