• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Salty Rudds is telling people off in the latest Bombcast thread - for those that are amused by that sort of thing :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688655

If Jeff don't want to play TLoU, more power to him. The bitching and moaning about how they should play it because the solely because the industry circlejerking has reached a fever pitch is detestable.

Play games you wanna play dawg, don't let nobody tell you otherwise.

And I also agree with Brad, someone telling me to play something will actually make me less inclined to play it.

Brashnir

While we're complaining about the video player, the Streaming option jumps around in quality way too much for me. Despite never having a problem playing the videos in HD when it's on progressive, it's constantly dumping me to Low, then up to High or HD for like 25 seconds, then back to Low. It's even more annoying because the video repeats the last second of audio every time it switches.

Yep. It's really shitty.

LiK

If Jeff don't want to play TLoU, more power to him. The bitching and moaning about how they should play it because the solely because the industry circlejerking has reached a fever pitch is detestable.

Play games you wanna play dawg, don't let nobody tell you otherwise.

And I also agree with Brad, someone telling me to play something will actually make me less inclined to play it.
Brad actually wants to play it. He just had a shitty TV which made it impossible. I'm sure he'll get the through it. Jeff can ignore it if he wants.

Zaph

Salty Rudds is telling people off in the latest Bombcast thread - for those that are amused by that sort of thing :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688655
Uh, wow.

The whining is awful in and of itself, but the replies from Brad aren't doing him any favours. That "more people whine, the less I want to do x" attitude is the worst (same thing they said about future ER's). If you want to play/do something you think you might enjoy, do it. Or don't. Telling people anonymous internet words are stopping you comes off slightly immature.

Mesoian

Uh, wow.

The whining is awful in and of itself, but the replies from Brad aren't doing him any favours. That "more people whine, the less I want to do x" attitude is the worst (same thing they said about future ER's). If you want to play/do something you think you might enjoy, do it. Or don't. Telling people anonymous internet words are stopping you comes off slightly immature.

True, but when every other question in your in box is "Hey, when's the next ER?" it can kill your ambitions.

popo

Yeah, it sucks that I was one of the people dunk'd for that. I wasn't even defending TLOS. I just want compelling arguments for GOTY.

Brad approaches the threads like a drive by. Lots of bullets, little accuracy. You were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tha comment about Brad taking a week off to play GTA was shitty though, I can see why it got him riled up.

True, but when every other question in your in box is "Hey, when's the next ER?" it can kill your ambitions.

I used to feel that way but they should just never mention ER again if they want it to die. Trolling at PAX etc is just poking the bear.

Zaph

Totally. Maybe my post didn't come across right - I meant telling people (especially anonymous people) is the mistake. Don't engage.

Then again:
OT said:
Abilities: Can hear an uninformed forum post from over 50 kilometres away;
Biggest truth bomb since Perceived Slights.

StuBurns

Banned
The console warriors are fully shitting up the Bombcast thread, they've been all over the place lately.
Someone recommends a game strongly, and it must be because it's a platform exclusive, is that what you're saying?

It's the second highest rated game this year. It's literally like having not played GTA5.

FStop7

Banned
Someone recommends a game strongly, and it must be because it's a platform exclusive, is that what you're saying?

It's the second highest rated game this year. It's literally like having not played GTA5.

Dude, read that thread. There's a metric ton of butthurt in there including accusations of Giant Bomb "fishing for more reasons not to play PS3 games"

So all this hubbub is about TLOU again. Not surprising. Even though I loved the game, there is no doubt that TLOU zealots are the fucking worst and basically want to shove the game down everyone's throat so much it's embarrassing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One dude, and lots of people saying he's an idiot.

It was definitely more than one dude, but it's true that there were a lot of people calling them idiots.

So basically, it's a PS3 game so they fish for reasons to not like it per usual.

If I'm being honest, the same thing crossed my mind. I've listened to these guys for years now. It is what it is.

There isn't a chance is hell TLOU is their GOTY. Not a chance in hell.

Pretty much this. :/

Brad has gone on record discussing his contempt for the PS3 and it is clear that the rest of the crew doesn't really care for the system either. If it ain't on PC, 3DS or 360 they don't care much.

http://www.gamesradar.com/talkradar-56-mystery-and-science/

Aaron

Spooking with scoops is legitly some of the bes regular content they have out now.
Yeah, I haven't finished the newest one yet... but boy does it start strong. I laughed so much over how freaked out Patrick was getting, and then got a little freaked myself.

FStop7

Banned
Every member of GB would have finished TLOU by now if General Radec (their all time favorite video game villain) were in it.

Zornack

Dude, read that thread. There's a metric ton of butthurt in there including accusations of Giant Bomb "fishing for more reasons not to play PS3 games"

There's like three people max shitting it up with conspiracy theories and "omg they hate PS3" bullshit, a handful of people discussing who has played it, who hasn't and guessing what the GOTY discussions will be like and two or three people shitting it up with "lol fuck TLoU I hope brad and jeff never play it," but the discussion of course gets focused on the shit because hey, it's the internet.

LiK

There's like three people max shitting it up with conspiracy theories and "omg they hate PS3" bullshit, a handful of people discussing who has played it, who hasn't and guessing what the GOTY discussions will be like and two or three people shitting it up with "lol fuck TLoU I hope brad and jeff never play it," but the discussion gets focused on the shit because it's the internet.
Pretty good summary

StuBurns

Banned
While I think it's ridiculous to think the reason they're not playing it is because it's on PS3, Brad is asking for shit from people who do care about the 'console war'. Because of the next generation, he's been talking smack about the PS3 over the last few months, and now he's not playing a PS3 exclusive with a MC of 95 because he doesn't like it's fans recommending it?

I think it's him being arsey because he hates GAF, not PS3, but the odd person reading it wrong seems like an inevitability.

Zornack

While I think it's ridiculous to think the reason they're not playing it is because it's on PS3, Brad is asking for shit from people who do care about the 'console war'. Because of the next generation, he's been talking smack about the PS3 over the last few months, and now he's not playing a PS3 exclusive with a MC of 95 because he doesn't like it's fans recommending it?

I think it's him being arsey because he hates GAF, not PS3, but the odd person reading it wrong seems like an inevitability.

He's not actually not going to play it because of annoying fans. On the bombcast he said he plans to jump back into it soon. Saying all the requests to play it makes him want to play it less is just his way of saying "fuck, people who are begging for me to play this are annoying."

Let's not forget he didn't play ME3 until, what, November of last year? Putting off big games until the end of the year is nothing new for him.

And he didn't get through GTA 4 or finish Saints Row 4 before GOTY stuff. And Ryan never played Skyrim. And Jeff didn't make it through TWD. I'd love some good TLoU discussion during the GOTY podcasts but members of the crew not getting through big titles which place in the top 5 is pretty much tradition.

If they did a TLOU endurance run with Brad and Jeff they could stop all this madness in 2 / 3 weeks and have content every weekday while dont it. Kill two birds with one stone or something. Its not like the next few weeks will be busy or anything

And brad is just being brad in the bombcast thread. Leave him be fella's.

Limit

If they did a TLOU endurance run with Brad and Jeff they could stop all this madness in 2 / 3 weeks and have content every weekday while dont it. Kill two birds with one stone or something. Its not like the next few weeks will be busy or anything

A Last of Us ER with Jeff as part of the commentary team will only serve to piss that game's aficionados off because of Jeff's inclination for making jokes out of everything. Jeff simply doesn't appreciate anything serious. Its crazy how much he uses comedy as a mechanism for dealing with melancholy surrounding his existence.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Brads "People want me to play a game so now I don't want to" comes off as really childish, or just needlessly antagonistic. I don't understand why your fanbase wanting you to do something would give you the response of "I probably should avoid it." Even if there's a portion of those people who are hostile about it, that should be separated from the actual content itself.

birdman

Jeff simply doesn't appreciate anything serious. Its crazy how much he uses comedy as a mechanism for dealing with melancholy surrounding his existence.

If comedy were one of the only things you know always helps in a rough time, you'd use it as a coping mechanism all the time too.

pizza dog

Banned
A Last of Us ER with Jeff as part of the commentary team will only serve to piss that game's aficionados off because of Jeff's inclination for making jokes out of everything. Jeff simply doesn't appreciate anything serious. Its crazy how much he uses comedy as a mechanism for dealing with melancholy surrounding his existence.

That's way off-base. Dude just doesn't seem interested in sharing anything serious. He was into Gone Home and said so but didn't engage anybody on it on the 'cast. That being less in his public persona doesn't mean he doesn't have room for it.

StuBurns

Banned
Jeff's into serious stuff, I remember him discussing the more serious, and personally relatable moments in GTA4 in that year's GotY awards.

popo

Telling people off?

Sure, if that's what you want to call it.

I orginally typed "lashing out" but that sounded too agressive. He is more in the vein of a dissapointed parent or grade school teacher scolding you for being silly.

K.Sabot

Fuck the thought of a TLoU extended/endurance play.

We should bring back that farmville thing, but instead of farmville make them play Rune Factory 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom