• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't either on my laptop, but amazingly it suddenly works on my PC today. Dunno what's up with that, try adjusting the chat/video ratio maybe?

I just cleared my cookies. Seemed to work

Yeah, I've tried different browsers and clearing my cookies, but nothing works. There's a few people who complain about the same on GB forums, so...
Oh well, I hardly posted anything there.

justjim89

Truth be told I've never played a table top RPG before so I am a bit lost, but in this day and age it seems rather silly from the outside looking in. What does this DnD type stuff offer that you can't find in a video game? Do people still regularly play stuff like this?

Not trying to be disrespectful, just curious.

Jokab

Truth be told I've never played a table top RPG before so I am a bit lost, but in this day and age it seems rather silly from the outside looking in. What does this DnD type stuff offer that you can't find in a video game? Do people still regularly play stuff like this?

You can make up anything. You can play any scenario. It's like 6/7/8-player (or more I guess) Baldur's Gate except you make your own setting and story.

Tan

You can make up whatever you want along the way. I think that's all?

LCfiner

camaraderie. sharing a pizza.

LordCanti

I didn't know this was a tabletop game; Thirty minutes in, and they're rolling dice and writing things down or....I don't know what they're doing. For anyone with experience: How long is this going to take to get going?

Edit: I'll....I'll watch this when I can skip around.

Zaph

I've never played a tabletop game in my life. Would love to try one, but I think I have enough geeky hobbies in my life.

justjim89

This sort of thing seems like fun, but much like my desire to play Cards Against Humanity, I don't have any friends to play with.

justjim89

Eh what can I say. You make friends in high school you lose touch with in college, then you make friends in college you lose touch with after graduation. And without decent employment or a terribly active romantic or social life, it's hard to make friends post-graduation.

Sorry, not trying to turn this into a bawww thread.

Myomoto

Collective story telling? Incredible level of narrative flexibility because it's all based on imagination/improvised vs. pre-scripted?

Zaph

LAMKrBR.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Why can't I log in for chat? I shoudl be logged in

I haven't been able to use the chat since the new website went up.

I haven't either on my laptop, but amazingly it suddenly works on my PC today. Dunno what's up with that, try adjusting the chat/video ratio maybe?

6fac979c6f4b-859dca7s

Did anyone grab my store code on the last page?

I'll toss it in this post as well, quote to see it.

Yyyep someone did a while ago. I checked it this afternoon because I was interested in getting a shirt but it was already snagged. Didn't comment because I assumed whoever took it probably let you know already.

bigkrev

Eh what can I say. You make friends in high school you lose touch with in college, then you make friends in college you lose touch with after graduation. And without decent employment or a terribly active romantic or social life, it's hard to make friends post-graduation.

Sorry, not trying to turn this into a bawww thread.

Find out if your LGS has an open gaming night, and show up. People who play games like this like finding other people who do the same.

LCfiner

It’s been a fun stream. It picks up a little after the characters are created.

Rorie is doing a good job as DM, I think. He’s keeping things moving and fun.

Dumb as rocks V-Bomb is pretty great.

nbthedude

I have been waiting a MILLLION YEARS for them to upload the Dark Souls Part 2. Why is it not up yet. It's been a MILLION YEARS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom