• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Fuck, just realised Dark Souls Part 2 is in the upcoming box. Sweet, was hoping it wouldn't just get put on the back-burner.

Zaph

I know it gets said a lot, but Jeff's knack for talking to himself while still being completely entertaining is incredible.

I haven't watched Spookin yet but given the description and some comments it seemingly went as I expected (i.e fucking horribly in a good way).

bless you Patrick for doing this for the fans

Nice.

I hope you get fired too. Dick

God forbid I don't like someone that you do.

He adds nothing to GB other than being a point of contact for PR which anyone could do, he is terrible at games, constantly moans and complains blaming the game because he fails at them, he sits on the couch in videos and says nothing while looking bored occasionally falling asleep.

CBSi wont let them hire anyone else and you have this waster on staff.

birdman

While I dislike Brad complaining during games (and his heavy talk and content revolving DOTA), I love him for bringing up random science shit that makes me actually go out and look up the whole story. Dude is interested in science and therefore keeps me interested in science, and that is awesome in my book.

I mean, I don't think that's at all valid considering he gave the site a considerable chunk of content in an area that GB was previously sorely lacking in - an area that no-one else was interested in covering. Not to mention the (two) premium features where the core concept was "Brad plays these balls-hard games", and he usually beat them to boot. Plus on top he's usually very talented at expressing his opinion on the games he's been playing in an articulate, satisfying manner, in podcasts and the like.

Anyway, your opinion doesn't give you the right to be a jerk, Mart. Ever. If you can't form a criticism without being rude, then no-one will ever care about what you have to say. For what it's worth, I agree about the "sleepy Brad" thing, but if I cared enough to bother saying something I'd probably avoid using the word "waster", yeah? Or feeling indifferent about the idea of him losing his job.

Have you seen the way he talks to people on forums?

If he can give it he can take it.

Also where did I say I hope he loses his job, I just said I wouldn't miss him if he left.

FStop7

Banned
Man I would get sleepy too if I were sacked out on a comfy couch, sipping on drinks, and chilling with people playing video games while talking and joking around.

Xater

To everyone who has seen the latest Spookin with Scoops, I am trying to figure out where the skeleton playing a bone flute is from. If anyone knows, please let me know.

LCfiner

Have you seen the way he talks to people on forums?

If he can give it he can take it.

Also where did I say I hope he loses his job, I just said I wouldn't miss him if he left.

I have. and if you think that his comments to people here are somehow equal to your last few comments about him, then you have a problem. They’re not in the same ballpark.

popo

The user name was giant bomb

I figured as much but the other player - did he know about the website? so his comment implied "Giant bomb (the site) making wacky videos again" or was he oblivious and meant "This player called giant bomb is fucking around again".

I suspect the latter, but he didn't seem angry at all - even after Drew arrested him. Maybe the Arma crowd is just more chill. Imagine the voice chat abuse in COD.

Jintor

I figured as much but the other player - did he know about the website? so his comment implied "Giant bomb (the site) making wacky videos again" or was he oblivious and meant "This player called giant bomb is fucking around again".

I suspect the latter, but he didn't seem angry at all - even after Drew arrested him. Maybe the Arma crowd is just more chill. Imagine the voice chat abuse in COD.

Since their server is publically accessible I imagine they get a fair amount of goof-offs wandering in and disrupting their RPing

LordCanti

I missed Spookin and have just started watching the recording:

"Can and Ebb ell? Cane and Ebell?"

Never change Scoops.

Edit:"Dr. John...mmm..Zoidberg? Okay."

He doesn't know who Zoidberg is

Re: stuff Brad was just talking about on Twitter, I love how schlocky and broad GTA's brand of satire totally works for me but I can get wanting more from it. Especial if you feel it needs to justify the dicey-er elements in its story.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Brad where's the eldritch quick look

Zornack

Re: stuff Brad was just talking about on Twitter, I love how schlocky and broad GTA's brand of satire totally works for me but I can get wanting more from it. Especial if you feel it needs to justify the dicey-er elements in its story.

It felt out of place for me. Leading up to that mission the game is the predictable "lol America" satire, then there's this
pretty damn brutal torture scene followed up by "hah torture is bad amiright?"

I thought it was out of character and out of place. It's like they wanted to have this big, serious, controversial scene in their game even though it doesn't really fit with the rest of the game's tone.

It's virtually impossible, which makes me wonder why you'd think I did it and not that maybe it actually came that way.
Ask puppetmaster, I simply said it was hard to do.

How come I get the passive aggressive response and not the mart guy up there?

Brad making up shit again in the Rain QL. His feet were clean after walking through the puddle but you always leave footprints on dry surfaces even if it's just water. You can see that right from the start.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does Naughty Dog even need marketing? Seems like their fanboys will do it for them going by Jeff's tumblr.

njean777

God forbid I don't like someone that you do.

He adds nothing to GB other than being a point of contact for PR which anyone could do, he is terrible at games, constantly moans and complains blaming the game because he fails at them, he sits on the couch in videos and says nothing while looking bored occasionally falling asleep.

CBSi wont let them hire anyone else and you have this waster on staff.

Really? Brad is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom