• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave just posted on twitter that he's going to the gb offices to play pathfinder today.

Load Our Last Souls is primed to start.

Z9Xl3Qw.gif

Oh, it's going to be a good evening indeed.

I was too busy to keep up with GB the past two weeks, what do I need to catch up on? I heard the Arma III QL is a must-watch, and I'll watch/listen to the bombcast, bombin' the AM and spookin' with Scoops anyway, but what about the rest (UPF, Patrick's Oculus Rift thing, GTA Online+Windjammers, other QLs)?

Zornack

I was too busy to keep up with GB the past two weeks, what do I need to catch up on? I heard the Arma III QL is a must-watch, and I'll watch/listen to the bombcast, bombin' the AM and spookin' with Scoops anyway, but what about the rest (UPF, Patrick's Oculus Rift thing, GTA Online+Windjammers, other QLs)?

The last UPF was pretty great and Patrick's Oculus Horror Corner was great too.

Danielsan

Man, for all the good advice they give vinny, they also give some awful tips.
Yep, both of them aren't great at Dark Souls if their advice is anything to go by. And man, I'm surprised Vinny made it this far with the way he plays. His memory is awful, he's not locking on, he's slow to attack and doesn't seem to understand the concept of attacking to stun enemy animation. Love watching him though!

Serra

Watching Vinny fail at running past enemies and falling down cliffs because he locks onto every single enemy is getting a little boring honestly.

Danielsan

Vinny has Astoria's Straight Sword. He could easily use that, though the damage on that probably isn't great with Vinny's stats.

demidar

He is really easy but Vinny just runs around instead of hitting.

Nito is easy if you cheese him (just like with every other boss), but going toe-to-toe with him and all the other skeleton duders without a divine weapon? Tall order there.

edit: Oh, he is cheesing him. nvm then.

I'm not watching live (I'll download it later) but I figured Vinny would have absolutely no trouble against Nito with that +5 Halberd of his. That is a seriously good weapon!

OatmealMu

I went toe-to-toe with Nito sans a divine weapon. The trick is to let him come to you. Go too far in and you'll aggro those giant skeletons. Get them on your ass and then you're in trouble.

LiK

I'm not watching live (I'll download it later) but I figured Vinny would have absolutely no trouble against Nito with that +5 Halberd of his. That is a seriously good weapon!

Vinny is incredibly OP offensively. He just needs to learn to evade more with that terribly low END stat.

Serra

They should do another premium segment where Rorie and Vinny play with the aggressive enemies mod. (on the PC, Rorie has saves there)

Nito is easy if you cheese him (just like with every other boss), but going toe-to-toe with him and all the other skeleton duders without a divine weapon? Tall order there.

So, not running around to aggro all available enemies is now cheesing?

OMG Aero

Vinny is incredibly OP offensively. He just needs to learn to evade more with that terribly low END stat.
It's pretty funny how Vinny was running around the room before Nito panicking and trying to escape from the Pinwheels when he could two shot them.

Serra

I really do hope they remove Iron Flesh/Super Heavy Armour combo in DS2.

Agreed.

spoiler regarding DS2
I didn't see a Iron Flesh or anything like that in the DS2 spell list that dudes dug out of the network beta, so i am hopeful.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Yeah, it sucks that I was one of the people dunk'd for that. I wasn't even defending TLOS. I just want compelling arguments for GOTY.

Come on now. What you actually said was that if Jeff didn't play the rest of the game, you would write off our entire GOTY awards. Every year there are plenty of games that one or two of us hasn't played, and has to simply hear arguments for. That's kind of an extreme stance, isn't it?

I mean, if we want to start some real shit let's go back to Ryan being the only one who played Greatest Game Ever contender Super Mario Galaxy 2 back in 2010

the ride never ends, people

edit: actually, speaking of GOTY, Brad, will you be bringing in Drew to sit on GOTY discussions this year? Now he's a Bombcast regular and all. Because that'd probably mix things up.

eot

Banned
I only caught the tail end of the DS stream, but for the love of god someone tell vinny to upgrade his shield. With all that strength he should probably get the Greatshield of Artorias too, but that's not happening.

pizza dog

Banned
edit: actually, speaking of GOTY, Brad, will you be bringing in Drew to sit on GOTY discussions this year? Now he's a Bombcast regular and all. Because that'd probably mix things up.

Also is Patrick phoning in? Or travelin' back thataway? Got a LA-Seattle two-way drive this Christmastime, really looking forward to a fat stack of Bombsters to keep me company on the long haul.

Holy shit just noticed http://cocainemountain.com/ is down :( Dunno how long it has been, just looking at the OP and it reminded me about da mountain.

Phatmac

I mean, if we want to start some real shit let's go back to Ryan being the only one who played Greatest Game Ever contender Super Mario Galaxy 2 back in 2010

the ride never ends, people

Yeah wtf, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is probably my favorite game of this generation. Sucks that they didn't talk about it.

chogidogs

Come on now. What you actually said was that if Jeff didn't play the rest of the game, you would write off our entire GOTY awards. Every year there are plenty of games that one or two of us hasn't played, and has to simply hear arguments for. That's kind of an extreme stance, isn't it?

Just the overall winner. Jesus, Brad! I might be taking crazy pills here, but I don't think I have to agree with everything you guys do. It's not like I am saying you shouldn't do what you're doing/planning to do. Personally I'd rather just take your personal top 10 lists and tally those up like some people did last year. The results from those seemed more honest to me.

I just prefer the years when the last 2 games was played by everybody. It usually gives a compelling debate since you guys go soooooo specific. When not everybody plays the game, I feel like the people not passionate enough to fight for it just gives up, and in my opinion, why bother?

Again! Personal opinion here. Not everybody is trying to be a jerk to you.

StuBurns

Banned
Do they ever win?

Uncharted 2, the last game by TLoU team, won your GotY, do you think that would have happened if most of you hadn't played half of it?

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Also is Patrick phoning in? Or travelin' back thataway? Got a LA-Seattle two-way drive this Christmastime, really looking forward to a fat stack of Bombsters to keep me company on the long haul.

Holy shit just noticed http://cocainemountain.com/ is down :( Dunno how long it has been, just looking at the OP and it reminded me about da mountain.

We haven't really started talking about what the format is gonna be; getting through the console launches is a bigger priority right now.

Zaph

Guys, I made this.

7F6Jhwx.png

Print it out and stick it on whatever you want so we can stop talking about a completely inconsequential award.

but not gonna lie, still salty as fuck about Saints Row 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom