• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I watched the cute video today. I felt pain. I woke up, remembered my life as a gamer.. remembered all the patently ludicrous things Ryan would have mentioned. Ryan was a guy with good friends and a nice computer. just like us. the weird thing for me was feeling an instinctual "someons missing" and then realizing it was PATRICK. I wasnt missing ryan, i was missing patrick.

Godbless crew.

here. at the end of the year my family honors those lost to us. me father and i have been mourning a local bodega surfer and as powerful as all the anecdotes ahve been... its reinforced how important ryan was to all of us.

im a good 10 years younger than the GB crew. born in '87 and a fan of games since before i even recognized the concept of opinions. the idea that im 10 buying the unofficial stragey guide to turok in the same mall the Gamespot crew was trying romanticisizeis funny. now we have a good forever 21 and i think they got rid of the knife story.

idk.

I watched the cute video today. I felt pain. I woke up, remembered my life as a gamer.. remembered all the patently ludicrous things Ryan would have mentioned. Ryan was a guy with good friends and a nice computer. just like us. the weird thing for me was feeling an instinctual "someons missing" and then realizing it was PATRICK. I wasnt missing ryan, i was missing patrick.

Godbless crew.

here. at the end of the year my family honors those lost to us. me father and i have been mourning a local bodega surfer and as powerful as all the anecdotes ahve been... its reinforced how important ryan was to all of us.

im a good 10 years younger than the GB crew. born in '87 and a fan of games since before i even recognized the concept of opinions. the idea that im 10 buying the unofficial stragey guide to turok in the same mall the Gamespot crew was trying romanticisizeis funny. now we have a good forever 21 and i think they got rid of the knife story.

idk.

did you take ambien again

simples

Banned
forever 21 has a crappy return policy plus they check your id when using your credit card because all the teenage girls shop there

worst store, Abercrombie is better

kvk1

Finished all the Day 1 content.

Brilliant as usual.

That discussion on the best looking game...whoowhee.

Stoked for tomorrow.

Dug

Banned

Godbless crew.

idk.
The post kinda makes more sense after seeing you posted in the drunk thread a couple of hours earlier. :lol

Tan

Also I've never seen this picture before and it's fantastic

2582226-iceland_by_alex_rubens.jpg

Curufinwe

The combat gets really annoying as the game goes on, and the touch screen controls for sliding suck shit, but flying around the world is always fun.

Lijik

The night-club level that transforms into a huge glorious soundwave? The level where you climb up a tower by jumping into a river and then actually climbing down from the bottom of the reflection of the tower to get to the top, while rain falls upwards around you? The final level where the level transforms into chalkboard notes to denote which direction you should go? Man, there's so much great-looking stuff in that game!

The trapped souls in the chalkboard level was really cool too, especially how theyd get more and more unreal and disorienting the closer you got to the end. And yo! What about the crazy horror funhouse in the opening level?
Really the worst thing I can say about DmC's visuals is it peters off with the visual bombast near the end beyond a few standouts (the chalkboard notes stage, and that hellish stage in the heart of limbo). Id love for a sequel that went full on crazy 100% of the time.

Alucrid

Banned
love dan ryckert

Zombies aren’t my thing. I remember thinking it was a lazy concept back in 2006 with the original Dead Rising, and I’ve never understood the cavalcade of praise heaped upon Telltale’s mediocre Walking Dead series.

Brashnir

Nobody on the site playing AA5 really put a damper on today's deliberations. It would have factored in over half of the categories if they had.

FluxWaveZ

Nobody on the site playing AA5 really put a damper on today's deliberations. It would have factored in over half of the categories if they had.

Stuff like that is part of the reason none of their decisions really matter that much to me since my tastes in games are rather peculiar compared to the Giant Bomb guys. AA5 is the best game I've played this year, and it's unfortunate that it wasn't covered at all on GB, but it's to be expected.

Phatmac

It's hard to expect the GB crew to be up to date on a visual novel game for a handheld. I think Ryan really liked those games so maybe he would've played the new one. It's not too surprising to expect no one to play it. That said its pretty great.

Brashnir

It's hard to expect the GB crew to be up to date on a visual novel game for a handheld. I think Ryan really liked those games so maybe he would've played the new one. It's not too surprising to expect no one to play it. That said its pretty great.

Sure, it's not surprising in the least, and I'm not sure most of the team would have even enjoyed the game had they played it, but today's categories in particular made the blind spot felt pretty hard.

They would have loved Yuri Cosmos, if nothing else about the game

FluxWaveZ

It bothers me when someone calls the Ace Attorney games a visual novel, even if it's reminiscent of those games, because it suggests that it's more simplistic than it is.

It also snuck out onto the eShop without any real fanfare and no physical release. If there were some weekly resource for eShop news they might've noticed, but sadly I don't think anything like that could ever happen.

popo

Don't read Dan Teasdale's top 10 if you are super sensitive about Brothers spoilers.

I am not even that hot on Brothers but it is a shame that people are shitting on it (e.g. Jeff, Teasdale) just to troll Brad. Does a disservice to the people who made it.

Don't read Dan Teasdale's top 10 if you are super sensitive about Brothers spoilers.

I am not even that hot on Brothers but it is a shame that people are shitting on it (e.g. Jeff, Teasdale) just to troll Brad. Does a disservice to the people who made it.

I don't mind Jeff shitting on it in the podcasts because it seems like he honestly didn't care for the game, but I think Dan Teasdale's list did the unthinkable and killed the "10 better games than Brothers" joke for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom