• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about it, most of the enthusiast press outfits are basically "5 white guys". Not crying foul there, just think it's funny when you step back and look at it.

The greatest tragedy is that the white part never elicits any reaction, even from the socially aware people involved.

The greatest tragedy is that the white part never elicits any reaction, even from the socially aware people involved.

It's something I think about pretty often, actually. Especially when there are racial issues that one can take a game to task for that non-colored game journalists don't bring up. Some will be glad to hop on when someone "qualified" brings it up, though.

The only Baseball game I EVER played was Extra Innings. My Dad bought it home once when I was 10 - along with an adaptor play US SNES games on ym Euro SNES

RDIUwbf.png

I think I sunk hours into that. Never had a clue what I was doing though.

What this considered a good game?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stop piling on that poor woman.

Yes, she wrote a shitty and poorly researched article, but she's getting called out on it from pretty much everyone already, so no need to twist the knife any more, really.

You shouldn't be able to just call somebody sexist and be instantly forgiven. That's kind of a fucked up thing to accuse someone of. Not something to go 'oh haha i was wrong!'

AkuMifune

Banned
The only Baseball game I EVER played was Extra Innings. My Dad bought it home once when I was 10 - along with an adaptor play US SNES games on ym Euro SNES

I think I sunk hours into that. Never had a clue what I was doing though.

What this considered a good game?

I dunno, I was a Baseball Stars (NES) guy. Making a team, trading players...it's the best.

What do you think calling someone ignorant of womens' issues means?
That they are ignorant of women's issues? You can be that and not sexist.

Would you call someone racist for not knowing about a racial disparity in prison time or how your skin color changes how likely you are to be pulled over? Of course not. You can be racist and be ignorant to that, but they're not the same in any fashion.

popo

Today on Oprah ... Jeff tells a touching story from his childhood about how his "uncle" would come in to town and ruin him, and even his own father would beat him,
at RBI Baseball

30 minutes of that one 8-bit chiptune and I am about ready to eat a bullet.

Just caught up on all the GOTY podcast stuff. I'm surprised Bioshock Infinite didn't have more support throughout the awards considering how high it appeared on everyone's personal lists.

Drew had it at number 1, Vinny at 4, Jeff at 1.

I think Infinite at least deserved to be on the lists for Best Looking Game and Best Moment. And then it wins, of all things, Best Use of Licensed Music! I wonder how it would have fared had the game come out a month ago.

I am far too invested in this game.

No_Style

Just reached the final day of the GOTY stuff. Boy this Rogue Legacy must be pretty amazing if it dislodged SM3DW.

I feel for you, Alex.

Have any of them other than Patrick and Alex even given 3D World the time of day besides the quicklook? If they haven't, then I think that if they had, it would have easily made it in.

Tan

Have any of them other than Patrick and Alex even given 3D World the time of day besides the quicklook? If they haven't, then I think that if they had, it would have easily made it in.

Jeff did. I don't think Vinny or Brad's touched it past the quick look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom