• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I completely forgot about the eshop rabbit bit.

I'll suck yo diiiiiccckkkk

Fuck. I was on the train and doubled over laughing.

justjim89

I saw it mentioned on tumblr that all the "innovative" stuff that's outside the core game experience that Brad gives Dota 2 credit for was done by Team Fortress 2 a lot earlier. Hadn't occurred to me but it's a good point. It's a shame TF2 doesn't get much love from Giant Bomb.

derFeef

I saw it mentioned on tumblr that all the "innovative" stuff that's outside the core game experience that Brad gives Dota 2 credit for was done by Team Fortress 2 a lot earlier. Hadn't occurred to me but it's a good point. It's a shame TF2 doesn't get much love from Giant Bomb.

It's a competitive shooter - not surprised.

f0rk

Not all, it doesn't have the same live spectating stuff past what has been part of the source engine from the beginning.

It's a competitive shooter - not surprised.

Actually the stuff that did start from TF2 made that game much less of a competitive shooter.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, loved reliving that cake and breast milk story again. One great thing about ryan is that he's not afraid to bare himself out for people to see.

2586102-bomb+jammers+big+plus.png

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bomb-squad-6871/giantjammers-the-gb-crew-in-windjammers-1466914

By the way...does anyone here know anything about building and using a Raspberry Pi to run MAME to emulate Unibios for the Neo Geo in order to play two player Windjammers? Portable Windjammers is appealing to my interests.

There's still a lot of stuff Dota has done that TF2 was nowhere near. Coaching, recruiting, a lot of the spectating stuff because source tv was always shit... I'd have to see what else Brad claimed for Dota.
2586102-bomb+jammers+big+plus.png

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bomb-squad-6871/giantjammers-the-gb-crew-in-windjammers-1466914

By the way...does anyone here know anything about building and using a Raspberry Pi to run MAME to emulate Unibios for the Neo Geo in order to play two player Windjammers? Portable Windjammers is appealing to my interests.
Those flags lol

wizard

Banned
Anyone know which podcast it is that Vinny talks about pasta sauce coming out of the shower head? I was in stitches when he said that.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm gonna subscribe again this month but I've missed about a year of Jar Time...were there any episodes of that that need to be heard first?

No_Style

My membership ran out. :(

Did they have any membership promos in 2013? I usually pick up a $40 pass since I don't want any of their stuff from the store. Either I missed it or they didn't go on sale this year.

FStop7

Banned
masterpiece....

What's the deal with Alexis' flag? Do we know where his family is from? He pronounces his last name with a Rioplatense accent, so I assume it's either Argentina or Uruguay.

Alexis' family is from Puerto Rico.

Why do I know these things

Anyway. Was listening to Best Of last night. Oh that Yelp conversation, I forgot about that. The irony.

DangerStepp

That Windjammers art is spectacular!! Hats off to whoever did that!

Just as much as it makes me happy, it bums me out a little, too.

graboids

I really want to play RBI Baseball now... or a new RBI with today's players but same control scheme as the old one... I feel the same a Jeff about baseball games, loved them as a kid, but once you started having to aim the bat I was out....

Darklord

Banned
I've barely had time to play the last couple months, don't expect too much.

You guys need to break more out of those FMV games you've got. At least bring back the old pc game feature. X-wing vs Tie-fighter video, eh Brad? Eh? Yeah you wanna do it, I know you do.

Xater

You guys need to break more out of those FMV games you've got. At least bring back the old pc game feature. X-wing vs Tie-fighter video, eh Brad? Eh? Yeah you wanna do it, I know you do.

If something from this series I expect he would gravitate towards Tie Fighter. And yes I also want to see more old PC games that are not FMV. Hell I would pay extra if you gave Jeff Falcon 4.0 with the manual and made him play that.

notworksafe

Loved the RBI video! I played so much of that game as a kid that the music will be with me for the rest of my life. Just watching the video brought back a ton of memories.

DangerStepp

I'm guessing there won't be an Unprofessional Friday today?

Time to dig in the subscriber video vault to find something else to crack the ritualistic Friday beer to.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Damn. Saw the words "just cause" in the live text and thought there was an awesome show on :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom