• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Can someone help me explain what I've stumbled upon?

This goes back to 1996 and has random posts from Jeff and Ryan.

I'm not sure if this is well known or not...

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/alt.sports.gerstmann

some things never change

--
ANYONE REQUIRING INFORMATION OF WHERE TO BUY TEAM UNIFORMS (ALL SPORTS),
T-SHIRTS, TRACK SUITS, ETC... FOR RECREATIONAL HOSUE LEAGUE TEAMS, PLEASE
FEEL FREE TO WRITE ME FOR INFORMATION.

THANK YOU

9/24/96

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
That BBS is insane, lol.

Always kinda frustrating when you start playing a game that's a few years old and try to find the bombcast where they talk about it. Trying to find them talking about Binary Domain now. Starting on the first Bombcast after the QL because that's the first anyone played of it. I remember they talked about it at least a time or two.

I really wish a game could be tagged with Bombcasts where it's talked about.

they can't even be bothered to tag content with the people in it, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Zaph

Man, Twitch is a complete shitshow for me today. No point trying to watch anything.

Also, usenet was amazing and looking back it's crazy how willing people were to put their real name to insane shit. People freaked when over a decade ago Google announced they were archiving and indexing all of it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Still many great moments from the review podcast - they read out a transcript of Apollo 10 about a turd floating around in the capsule. lol

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Best thing ever.

I'll drop three D cells in a sock and swing it at your face.

31wiCmB.jpg

Hi. I'm Jeff. I'm 25. I'm six foot two inches tall. I have never broken a bone. I drive a '97 Mustang GT. I used to only read one newsgroup . Then I started posting to my own newsgroup again.

You may recognize me from my September 9th, 1999 appearance on Good Morning America. Or perhaps my several appearances on GameSpot TV. But chances are you have no idea who I am.

Do yourself a favor - keep it that way.

edI5ePE.jpg

Man I remember having weirdly color schemed bad web sites with junk on it that barely even me and my friends were finding funny.
Would like to see all that stuff again.

inky

Good, now that EmCee is a mod all of you are getting the banhammer'd for making this the most inhospitable thread in all the forum during the weekends.

And I've been to the POPGAF thread! :mad:

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Good, now that EmCee is a mod all of you are getting the banhammer'd for making this the most inhospitable thread in all the forum during the weekends.

And I've been to the POPGAF thread! :mad:

This thread gets weird, but dear lord it is nowhere near the POPGAF threads.

Clefargle

Damn if giant bomb didn't let me down with their GOTY stuff this year. Jeff flat out said that they weren't going to get into any discussion over why a game deserves to be higher than another game. The whole day 4 'cast came down to how comfortable they were as a group with a line up. There was very little to no debate over game mechanics vs style or any of that shit I used to love with previous GOTY discussions. Really dissapointed in the way the list reflected that decision. TLoU was shoehorned in from the get-go. It was literally at the top of the unsorted list when they began. Never moved. The only person who made the case for another game in the no 1 slot was brad with DOTA2. I don't know when GB fell prey to the whole, "interactive experience" notion. But TLoU may have earned "story if the year" or "best visuals" but for the whole GB crew to just let it happen without a shred of dissent, really big bummer...

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Damn if giant bomb didn't let me down with their GOTY stuff this year. Jeff flat out said that they weren't going to get into any discussion over why a game deserves to be higher than another game. The whole day 4 'cast came down to how comfortable they were as a group with a line up. There was very little to no debate over game mechanics vs style or any of that shit I used to love with previous GOTY discussions. Really dissapointed in the way the list reflected that decision. TLoU was shoehorned in from the get-go. It was literally at the top of the unsorted list when they began. Never moved. The only person who made the case for another game in the no 1 slot was brad with DOTA2. I don't know when GB fell prey to the whole, "interactive experience" notion. But TLoU may have earned "story if the year" or "best visuals" but for the whole GB crew to just let it happen without a shred of dissent, really big bummer...

I'll give you points for making it through that whole podcast, but man it's just not that serious. Divekick made the list.

Patryn

The low point of this thread was the last time we got Monsterdunk'd.

I still can't believe he answered that question.

Anywho, can't wait until they're back in the office looking at all those HOT NEW GAMEZ like, uh....

Yeah okay we get it some guys were posting hot shit to an effectively private forum back in the wild 90s when the beer was cold, the hair was bleached, and the women were fine.

Let's drop this now before it goes down a creepier road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom