• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I recently learned something awesome.

GGPO supports Windjammers.

sl7ayeR.png

That means competitive online Windjammers.

Would anyone be interested in getting something going this weekend?

I could post up my GGPO config that's pre-setup to work with a 360 controller. Left stick move, X is lob, A is dive/hard toss.

Just gotta make a GGPO account and we could be windjamming across the world

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Yeah okay we get it some guys were posting hot shit to an effectively private forum back in the wild 90s when the beer was cold, the hair was bleached, and the women were fine.

Let's drop this now before it goes down a creepier road.

I was the same age as these guys and I am sure I made some remarks along the same lines on forums. Yikes.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Currently a friday night and i'm reading the Gersts thoughts on his favorite ICP tracks from when he was 25 and a jorts man.

Just trying to figure out when my life took that left turn to lead me to this moment,

DangerStepp

I have to agree with EmCee... women were totally hotter in the 90s.

I believe it's the heavy makeup and big hair that do it for me.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I recently learned something awesome.

GGPO supports Windjammers.

sl7ayeR.png

That means competitive online Windjammers.

Would anyone be interested in getting something going this weekend?

I could post up my GGPO config that's pre-setup to work with a 360 controller. Left stick move, X is lob, A is dive/hard toss.

Just gotta make a GGPO account and we could be windjamming across the world

GGPO seems to be down right now - keep getting disconnected with "connection lost" message shortly after logging in. Looking at their forums I see people describing similar issues.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Talking about womens' looks, eh? What else can I expect from the site that didn't recognize the historically important Tomb Raider(2013) ™ coming soon to next generation consoles.

Anth0ny

What's the least expensive way one could go about playing Windjammers?

It's on the Japanese Wii Virtual Console. There might be a way to access it via homebrew.

If that's not possible... importing a Japanese Wii and buying it via Virtual Console is probably still far cheaper than tracking down a Neo Geo and a copy of the game lol.

It's on the Japanese Wii Virtual Console. There might be a way to access it via homebrew.

If that's not possible... importing a Japanese Wii and buying it via Virtual Console is probably still far cheaper than tracking down a Neo Geo and a copy of the game lol.

Well then. This is something I desperately need in my life but really can't afford.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What was the holiday stream where they played a bunch of Saturn games like Panzer Dragoon and Die Hard?

back before Windjammers overexposure ruined streamathons

MoonGred

Does anyone remember the name of that pictocross like game on ios that jeff was talking about in the latest podcast? It was just after the discussion about "the room"

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone remember the name of that pictocross like game on ios that jeff was talking about in the latest podcast? It was just after the discussion about "the room"

Paint It Back

Cyrix

Neo Member
Maybe someone here can help me, I'm trying to remember the name of a game played on what I think was UPF a pretty long while ago (so I guess it could have been TNT or the Wednesday thing).

I'm pretty sure brad was the one playing, it was a rouge like (i think) with kinda cute art, like small characters but not full on pixel art I don't think, I'm pretty sure it was multiplayer but I may be mis-remembering that. they were in dungeons or sewer the whole time I think.

Anyway if anyone remembers it I'd appreciate it.

Anth0ny

So Jeff mentioned in the Bombcast that he could probably take the world record for largest video game collection from this guy:

ChDMXWu.jpg

Who owns 10,607 games.

If so...

The Raid™ needs to happen, and it needs to happen now.

Scratch that. It needs to happen frequently.

Tan

Maybe someone here can help me, I'm trying to remember the name of a game played on what I think was UPF a pretty long while ago (so I guess it could have been TNT or the Wednesday thing).

I'm pretty sure brad was the one playing, it was a rouge like (i think) with kinda cute art, like small characters but not full on pixel art I don't think, I'm pretty sure it was multiplayer but I may be mis-remembering that. they were in dungeons or sewer the whole time I think.

Anyway if anyone remembers it I'd appreciate it.

This barely fits your description but I think you're talking about Hammerwatch?

Zoggy

So Jeff mentioned in the Bombcast that he could probably take the world record for largest video game collection from this guy:

ChDMXWu.jpg

Who owns 10,607 games.

If so...

The Raid™ needs to happen, and it needs to happen now.

Scratch that. It needs to happen frequently.
from jeffs conservative estimation he's at about 5-6k.

so basically doubling his collection, would cost such an insane amount it would bankrupt him.

edit: maybe it wouldn't, but whatever its a stupid thing to do. IIRC that guys collection cost 750k total, its just not worth it.

jeffs insane collection is impressive as it is

OMG Aero

Yeah okay we get it some guys were posting hot shit to an effectively private forum back in the wild 90s when the beer was cold, the hair was bleached, and the women were fine.

Let's drop this now before it goes down a creepier road.
You used to be cool emcee.
Now you're just a puppet for the man!

MoonGred

That picture they chose is boring as shit. Where are all the obscure games most gamers want to see? I don't give a shit if he owns the entire 360 catalog.

It really is the worst photo.

Are there any photos of Jeff's collection? Or are they just in boxes as he said in a previous bombcast

Cyrix

Neo Member
This barely fits your description but I think you're talking about Hammerfall?

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE GAME I WAS TALKING ABOUT! THANK YOU SIR.

Edit: after a few minutes of cunfused searching I checked the filename of the image you posted to find that the game is called Hammerwatch not Hammerfall :p Still, thank you.

justjim89

Guys, Jared Rea has convinced Jeff to watch New Japan Pro Wrestling's big pay per view tonight. Only good things can come from this.

Tan

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE GAME I WAS TALKING ABOUT! THANK YOU SIR.

Edit: after a few minutes of cunfused searching I checked the filename of the image you posted to find that the game is called Hammerwatch not Hammerfall :p Still, thank you.

Oops sorry! You should have asked like 2 days earlier because it was super cheap during the steam sale.

justjim89

Hammerwatch pisses me off. Bought it for me and a friend of mine only to find there's no way to get into a game with a friend without having to download some other application to make a home server for a friend to connect to. Maybe I'm just spoiled, but how hard could it be to integrate a fucking party/invite system? Why sell a 4 pack on Steam if there's no easy way to play with friends?

Completely off topic and I'm sorry but it's been bothering me.

Cyrix

Neo Member
Oops sorry! You should have asked like 2 days earlier because it was super cheap during the steam sale.

Yeah, once I saw the steam store logo for it I recognized that it had been on the sale page at some point, but I didn't have any money at the time so I didn't look at it.

I was only looking for it today because a friend asked about co-op rouge likes and I remembered brad playing something that was multiplayer and looked like it could have been a rouge like, visually at least.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Oh, no wonder I thought I'd heard them talk about shitting in pneumatic tubes before when they discussed this on a recent podcast (the emailcast?). It was like they didn't even remember this discussion.

Do you listen to Idle Thumbs as well, by any chance? They discussed this topic pretty recently, IIRC. One of the few cases of Thumbs stealing GB material instead of the other way around ;)

That was simply amazing

The CBS bug totally sells it.

Do you listen to Idle Thumbs as well, by any chance? They discussed this topic pretty recently, IIRC. One of the few cases of Thumbs stealing GB material instead of the other way around ;)

I do. Are you telling me GB didn't recently revisit this? The most recent comment on that youtube video seems to think they did, we can't all be that dumb.

Though I do admit that sometimes I mess up who said what with all the podcasts I listen to.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I do. Are you telling me GB didn't recently revisit this? The most recent comment on that youtube video seems to think they did, we can't all be that dumb.

Though I do admit that sometimes I mess up who said what with all the podcasts I listen to.

hmmmm idk...I'm just drawing from my own brain which tells me that Idle Thumbs recently did an email episode and also recently talked about poop in a pneumatic tube (no idea if it was the same episode). I'm often very wrong and it would not surprise me if this was another one of those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom