• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I still (personally) find it iffy. It just seems such a vague way to ask for money.

If she already had a contact set up, and (maybe) put her words in a book, I think I would feel different. I am not sure why the sale of her words in a physical object makes a big difference to me, but it does.

A well written hardback book about a specific (hopefully currently uncovered) subject would be something worthwhile - even worth a bit on Kickstarter.

She is a good writer that already contributes to many sites that allow interesting/offbeat articles. If she cannot pitch something to at least one of them, then maybe that pitch/idea is not great in the first place.
Dude she wants to travel the world and stay with notable people for up to a week at a time. Thats like some national geographic level shit. Ain't nobody gonna pay for that. I hope she at least tries to contact polytron corporation.

demidar

Dude she wants to travel the world and stay with notable people for up to a week at a time. Thats like some national geographic level shit. Ain't nobody gonna pay for that. I hope she at least tries to contact polytron corporation.

I think the fact that nobody is willing to pay for that (as in established publications) is the worst thing about this whole affair.

TraBuch

Banned
Which UPF (Think it was a UPF) did they watch that youtube video of that douchebag installing a loud horn in his car and going around scaring people?

Chuck

Still without luck
Speaking of which, I hope Load our Last Save returns soon. Dark Souls is cool and all, but I do miss seeing other old games.

Defunkled

I'm going through the "This Year" collection of the 2013 Bombcast. It's funny how almost everyone on the staff was disgusted by Nintendo's announcement of a sequel to A Link to the Past and it ended up being #2 on their GOTY list.

FluxWaveZ

Ha ha, earliest bombcast ever.

Nah, earliest Bombcast ever was probably one of the ones that occurred shortly after Jeff became the host that was uploaded on a Monday. Heck, the Bombcast before this one was uploaded on a Monday (though that wasn't a regular one).

Zoggy

2am bombcast
dwightshrutecelebrating.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
shallow minigame collection the casuals latched onto for a couple years. yeah, totes game of the gen guys.

where the fuck is the bombcast thread

Big-E

Vinnny is an idiot with the meat ball thing. Go to your Italian butcher and buy some Italian sausage and use that as a base if you want.

kvk1

It warms my heart that we're still having extended Dota related arguments on the Bombcast.

Mission accomplished Shoemaker: you may not have gotten the guys to play it, but you sure as hell solidified the game as a focal topic of everlasting discussion.

What is the deal with Microsoft and micro transactions? If this shit shows up in Halo 5 there will be riots.

MS knows that, knows it will not be recieved well, knows that if they do it, they will have to have an 'apology' AND they will probably do it anyways.

IMO they are BENT they had to fold back on all thier plans this gen. They are looking to make money.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
I've been mulling it over in my head for a while, and man.. it'd be awesome if GiantBomb bought VideoGamer.Com and turned it into GBUK. The personalities are so vibrant and the style is so similar, I think it'd really work (obviously ignoring the fact that GB probably doesn't have nearly the funds to just buy another business).

DangerStepp

I almost kinda wanna listen to the free version of the podcast because the way they do ads cracks me up.

And I don't wanna miss out on that.

Kerned

Banned
I've been mulling it over in my head for a while, and man.. it'd be awesome if GiantBomb bought VideoGamer.Com and turned it into GBUK. The personalities are so vibrant and the style is so similar, I think it'd really work (obviously ignoring the fact that GB probably doesn't have nearly the funds to just buy another business).

I'm sure CBS has the funds, but I can't imagine they would want to own a third gaming site. Of course, stranger things have happened (like them buying GB).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom