• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

I don't get all the mystique surrounding the Capra Demon. The dogs die in one hit, you can cheese the shit out of him by running up the stairs and waiting until he jumps down. Or just pelt him with magic while running away.

It's pretty rare for a first time player to have a weapon strong enough to one hit the dogs when they first get there. Most people barely even start upgrading their weapons at that point, so unless you have the zwei, claymore, or drake sword, it's a really tough fight.

Xater

The NES Remix QL was weird. They complained a bunch about stuff they want to see while it actually is in the game. At least from what I have seen.

I don't get all the mystique surrounding the Capra Demon. The dogs die in one hit, you can cheese the shit out of him by running up the stairs and waiting until he jumps down. Or just pelt him with magic while running away.

The actual fight is easy, it's just that first few seconds that can go horribly wrong in an instant.

Purple_Tentacle

Neo Member
The NES Remix QL was weird. They complained a bunch about stuff they want to see while it actually is in the game. At least from what I have seen.

Yeah, it's not a very generous quicklook. The game's pretty rad for a $15 eshop release. I think that's just the downside of messing with nostalgia -- can't please everyone, particularly Jeff.

It's pretty clear that the stuff it was forcing them to play in order to play the stuff they wanted to play (at some point) wasn't all that fun for them. Seems pretty straightforward.

Brashnir

Yeah, it's not a very generous quicklook. The game's pretty rad for a $15 eshop release. I think that's just the downside of messing with nostalgia -- can't please everyone, particularly Jeff.

Eh, you shouldn't have to do so much stupid bullshit to get to the part you actually want. I mean, some of those challenges had absolutely no business existing. The one Balloon Fight challenge was literally taking two steps to the right. I mean, come the fuck on.

And they didn't even start at the very beginning of the game. It looks like Jeff had done a bunch of that nonsense before even starting the QL. Vinny's "Oh, so this is Skyward Sword" (Or was it TP? Doesn't matter really since they both have the same issue) remark was dead on. Nintendo need to stop starting games off with 2 hours of tedium before you get to the part you actually want to play.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They seemed overly harsh on the stuff they did play.
I was right there with Jeff. There seemed to be way too much uninspired stuff you have to plug through. The level of creativity should've been a lot higher than what I saw in that QL. This lazy stuff is not what I imagined when indieszero is allowed to do a WarioWare style free-for-all with NES games.

The actual fight is easy, it's just that first few seconds that can go horribly wrong in an instant.

Yup. I nearly gave up on the game at the Capra Demon for that reason. I would die within seconds of getting past the fog door. The dogs would hit me, stagger me, and Capra would kill be in one hit. Or the dogs would trap me against a wall and then Capra would kill me. Or the camera would get hung up on a wall and then I'd be killed.

To make it 10x worse I was originally taking a bad route to get to him (undead burg fireplace, kill 5 skeleton guys to get down the stairs, past 3 dogs, then past 3 thieves, then past another 3 theives, and 2 more dogs). Every time I died I had to go through ALLLLL of that again.
Taking the Firelink Shrine route through the sewer (reservoir?) was a better route, but still long.

To beat him I spent a good hour or more getting the ring Hervel Ring (so I could wear heavier armor and be weighed down less) AND the Wolf (?) Ring (raised poise so my attacks wouldn't get interrupted). Once I had all that stuff I killed him on the first try. But yeah, once you kill the dogs he's actually a cake walk. It's just a combo of the annoying dogs, the small arena, the long route to get to him, and insufficient loot that made it such a shitty boss encounter.

popo

THis Volgarr stream is going to be painful - two months later and Brad has forgotten everything he learnt up to this point. Luckily Jeff is sitting in and likely to troll him hard.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
THis Volgarr stream is going to be painful - two months later and Brad has forgotten everything he learnt up to this point. Luckily Jeff is sitting in and likely to troll him hard.

Thats how that game is!

crush7337

Banned
Breaking Brad has really missed having someone like Patrick around to troll Brad as he dies. Good thing Jeff is here though as we should get some of that, since Vinny and Rorie never really did it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Any other premium subscribers able to watch the stream & vote in the polls, but chat shows "You are not logged in."?

It's working fine for me currently, but that's definitely happened once or twice in the past.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That NES remix QL is probably the first time I've actually thought, 'Wow, they really DO think we're complete morons.' with the circles on screen and the basic trials on games that are already basic.

daydream

Banned
Holy shit did something happen to Jeff? He was pretty nasty in that NES remix QL.

Video games happened to him.

Nah, I think his criticism was fair. The man likes WarioWare, can't blame him. Personally, I don't care, since I'll take any excuse to replay the classics, but I see how the lack of craziness and challenge can be off-putting (even though Jeff did die a bunch, heh).

Holy shit did something happen to Jeff? He was pretty nasty in that NES remix QL.

I think the Nintendo Direct where it was announced really pissed him off. It was a parade of things Jeff hates.

I'm only a little joking, I really think he's still mad about it.

Edit: For what it's worth, people who own the game (not I) were saying Jeff was being really misleading about NES Remix and that he didn't unlock any of the content that would fix his complaints (I think those were separate points but I can't expound since I never played it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom