• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Now he just needs an avatar. Any suggestions?
220A1Ha.jpg

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Are you saying just because it goes against the grain, it's wrong? That it's not possible to dislike the way a game plays at face value instead of trying to push some agenda or acting contrarian? Just because a lot of people think that way doesn't make it right, that's a logical fallacy.

No, not in the slightest, i'm actually arguing the complete opposite (that these kinds of opinions can't be 'right' or 'wrong'). I'm just pointing out that referring to someone's opinion as "spot-on" when it's something highly subjective seems strange to me. People can not like The Last of Us all they want, I really don't mind and i'm not trying to act like they're just being contrarian, but it just strikes me as odd to declare somebody as being correct because they also didn't like something.

Whatever, at this point it's a semantic argument. "Spot-on" to me means correct or perfect, maybe you interpreted it differently if "Spot-on" means 'thing you agree with' to you.

demidar

No, not in the slightest, i'm actually arguing the complete opposite (that these kinds of opinions can't be 'right' or 'wrong'). I'm just pointing out that referring to someone's opinion as "spot-on" when it's something highly subjective seems strange to me. People can not like The Last of Us all they want, I really don't mind and i'm not trying to act like they're just being contrarian, but it just strikes me as odd to declare somebody as being correct because they also didn't like something.

Whatever, at this point it's a semantic argument. "Spot-on" to me means correct or perfect, maybe you interpreted it differently if "Spot-on" means 'thing you agree with' to you.

Yeah, I interpret "spot-on" to be agreement, not a profession of objectivity. Guess this was all just miscommunication lol

Reason why I hate ad populum reasoning is because my thoughts and views on games are highly deviant to the majority of the gaming population and being dismissed because I think differently is stupid.

Zaph

Since when has Patrick been working out of the CAH office? What's the nature of that? Is he not able to do everything at home?
When you work from home for an extended stretch, a change of scenery is nice. Especially so if you're doing creative work.

Pretty sure the CAH guy gives space to all his friends.

Jintor

Brad and Vinny seemed pretty impressed by that MGR prologue.

Cutting RAY is definitely among the most awesome moments i've had in a videogame, even if as a boss fight it's kind of easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom