• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flandy

Hey guys I'm pretty new to Giant Bomb. I watched the P4 endurance run a few months back but didn't really do anything since. Just recently I started watching a bunch of their quick looks because someone posted the Project Diva F one. Anything in particular I should watch?

P.S. I freaking love Vinny

chogidogs

Hey guys I'm pretty new to Giant Bomb. I watched the P4 endurance run a few months back but didn't really do anything since. Just recently I started watching a bunch of their quick looks because someone posted the Project Diva F one. Anything in particular I should watch?

You should watch all of the Sleepy Dawgs videos. Everyone is glorious!

popo

The - what should I watch - question comes up every 20 pages or so. If you scrub back you should find some lists, watch Phantasmagoria secret ER before you do that though :p

Edit : I forgot that was a premium vid, sorry.

Flandy

The - what should I watch - question comes up every 20 pages or so. If you scrub back you should find some lists, watch Phantasmagoria secret ER before you do that though :p

Edit : I forgot that was a premium vid, sorry.

Meanie :mad:
Could someone tell me where this VinnCo joke came from? Saw it on the OP then I saw it on the GB store on a shirt

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
jBzmgzSUOthii.png

Haunted

Their job isn't to market games.
A surprisingly bold statement when describing an enthusiast gaming site.

But Giantbomb has escaped that label long ago, anyway. I can honestly say that I enjoy this motley collection of Let's Players over almost all other enthusiast gaming sites. And generally, the amount of content I consume by watching Let's Plays on Giantbomb and Twitch completely dwarfs that of all the IGNs and Gamespots and Polygons out there.

(even that on the good sites like EDGE, Gamasutra and RockPaperShotgun)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Meanie :mad:
Could someone tell me where this VinnCo joke came from? Saw it on the OP then I saw it on the GB store on a shirt

It started on the bombcast with vinny talking about inventing magnetic trolleys to make it easier to move arcade cabinets.

Zero315

Banned

Darkest of Days and Story Hour Adventures are two of my favorite quick looks. WWE 13 QL because of ghost problems. The Dark Eye QL was also pretty good.

A lot of the great Vinny content is in the subscriber videos. Load Our Last Save/Souls, Random PC Game, Backflips 'n Bioforge, Flight Club, all the crazy FMV games on Unprofessional Fridays.

Edit: I was in tears by the end of the Starforge segment! Vinny + Open world = Magic

The Deadly Premonition ER with Jeff and Vinny is, along with P4, probably my favourite video content on the internet.

Zoggy

look man

go to qlcrew.com

check vinny and jeff(don't exclude the others, they're all necessary), then watch every video you see.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So after watching someone stream Windjammers vs computer, I see why Jeff doesn't play much against the CPU. The AI seems to be able to know where every one of your tosses is going. The AI was playing the real slow german guy and was able to catch discs tossed at the bottom while he was still at the very top of the lawn court.

Also Jeff mentioned the Japanese(?) version where Byoo is American, but if you play the UK version, he's actually british and says British-y things. And I think his name's like Steve Miller or something. Weird that Byoo is like the one guy who has no freaking canon nationality

I definitely want to play Rust, but losing everything after spending a ton of time building yourself up might end up unbearably infuriating.

"I had high hopes for this game"

Jesus, Brad.

"I ran in a straight line for 20 minutes and somehow that wasn't amazing, what the fuck!?"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are you asking because this has been your experience or because Brad is bad at video games?

Nah, just watching the video and it does seem to take forever for him to find his first stone. The one he did find didn't seem to appear anywhere else in the rest of the video.

Hey guys, i almost haven't watched anything on GB since February 2013 (excluding E3 coverage). What are the best videos they have done since then (free or premium)?

I have already watched some stuff like Flight Club, the console launch marathons and some random quick looks. Thanks for helping. I've been sick in bed all week and this is the only thing keeping me sane.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Does Republique run smoother on a phone than it does there? It seemed pretty hitchy.

Brad talking about his apparently dashed high hopes for Rust after spawning in and refusing to engage with the core element of the game is a bit like firing up Mario for the first time, choosing not to use the jump button and being disappointed.

Brad talking about his apparently dashed high hopes for Rust after spawning in and refusing to engage with the core element of the game is a bit like firing up Mario for the first time choosing not to use jump button and being disappointed.

It just struck me that the thread title is badly outdated in this post-Brothers, post-Luigi year.

Giant Bomb |OT6| I had high hopes for this site

That's Brad in a nutshell.

Well, to be fair the game is probably
definitely
not for him. I have the sneaking suspicion that his not engaging with the core mechanics (I'm talking about the social aspect of it, the other stuff is a matter of time and part of the learning curve) is probably because he's not really into that kind of gaming, which is obviously fine.

I also get the desire to be part of the zeitgeist surrounding the game since it's blowing up, I just wonder what his hopes were based on since said zeitgeist is fueled entirely by the emergent nature of the game.

Chuck

Still without luck
I fired up Dota 2, tried to play it like Diablo, and just kept dying and not getting drops.

I had high hopes for this game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom