• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuripaw

Banned
lol, finally got around to watching UPF. The look on Jeff's face during the second life segment, hahaha, oh man. When Vinny starts messing with the face, Jeff looks so creeped out.

Dany

Banned
itunes keeps bugging me that I need to reenter my credentials for the podcasts in itunes? Is it a giantbomb issue or itunes problem? hmmm

Zomba13

RPs are so much fun when you don't take them super serious and have a little fun with them. Looking forward to the continuing adventures of the Last Canadians and their quest to restore glory to New Detroit.

Chris R

Kinda a Gravity spoiler so I'll put it in a spoiler block...
Anyone else want to see Drew play a Soyuz simulator in the near future? As soon as she busted out the manuals I thought of those QLs

Megasoum

Banned
Kinda a Gravity spoiler so I'll put it in a spoiler block...
Anyone else want to see Drew play a Soyuz simulator in the near future? As soon as she busted out the manuals I thought of those QLs

Gravity spoiler

He would make a better job at making it look realistic that's for sure... That movie is so ridiculous. Let me push those 2 buttons to execute the whole cold start and undocking procedure following that great manual full of illustrations pointing me to the right buttons.... ugh

Dany

Banned
Gravity spoiler

He would make a better job at making it look realistic that's for sure... That movie is so ridiculous. Let me push those 2 buttons to execute the whole cold start and undocking procedure following that great manual full of illustrations pointing me to the right buttons.... ugh
I think you are greatly underestimating how automated some of that stuff is.

Megasoum

Banned
I think you are greatly underestimating how automated some of that stuff is.

I think you are greatly overestimating how automatic a ship equipped with a 1960's onboard computer is lol. To give you an idea... The checklist they go through to start it and then undock takes hours to do.... Of course they are extremely cautious and take their time but still... And they don't waste paper (aka weight) on giant pictures in the manuals lol.

Out of curiosity I just asked Chris Hadfield how long the procedure is normally on the ISS...We'll see if he responds lol

Poyunch

If Alex shrunk and got chubby he'd make for a good Paul Giamatti.
9389375106_6914c95990_o.gif

kai3345

Banned
Aside from the harmonix and ex-gamespot dudes and Brad Muir, all of the game dev "friends of the site" seem to be all ex-midway dudes. How did Jeff become such good pals with so many guys from there, especially with them being based in Chicago?

Poyunch

Aside from the harmonix and ex-gamespot dudes and Brad Muir, all of the game dev "friends of the site" seem to be all ex-midway dudes. How did Jeff become such good pals with so many guys from there, especially with them being based in Chicago?
Portillo's is delicious, meat-drenched bridge.

Well all game devs travel to demo games to the sites, mags, etc. The Midway crew most likely just had developers with the personality types that just meshed with Jeff, Ryan and the crew whenever they showed up to the San Fran offices

popo

A lot of those Midway ppl joinded Capcom right after (Boyes, JV). I am not sure how well they actually knew them before the infamous Age of Booty night.

Lang I think they just know from events. He is kind of hard to miss.

I think Harmonics ppl were introduced via Alex.

Double Fine just came from them being on screen with Trenched and finding that they all got along.

derFeef

Hm, Spookin with Scoops is getting weird. Patrick wanting to check the games out, but then have zero interest in keep playing them. I know he is scared as hell, I would be too, but just dismissing games because either there is nothing happening really fast, or there is something happening ... I dunno it feels kinda worthless.

demidar

Hm, Spookin with Scoops is getting weird. Patrick wanting to check the games out, but then have zero interest in keep playing them. I know he is scared as hell, I would be too, but just dismissing games because either there is nothing happening really fast, or there is something happening ... I dunno it feels kinda worthless.

I wanted to tap out after the first game said there would be spiders and I'm just an observer. I completely understand why Patrick would not want to continue tempting heart attacks.

do you know the story on how he came to own his blitz machine?

plus after being somewhat rusty he played at California extreme and still murdered everyone by them not being able to score then kinda felt bad about it (until one guy finally did score some points and ryan started to troll him about that lol)

Alucrid

Banned
i've always wondered this, but what's the legalities of playing music on a stream? i know they always have their huge unlicensed music catalog to reach into, but i know some podcasts like weekend confirmed end up playing songs through their breaks

xanavi

i've always wondered this, but what's the legalities of playing music on a stream? i know they always have their huge unlicensed music catalog to reach into, but i know some podcasts like weekend confirmed end up playing songs through their breaks

I think for the most part the stuff they use in the videos they produce is music that they pay for from the audionetwork. The music there costs differing amounts depending on what purpose you're using it for so I wouldn't call their music "unlicensed". I think they rarely play a copywritten song in its entirety on their streams so they're probably okay to use youtube clips and other streaming services as long as they don't exceed a certain playtime.

demidar

This is just a guess, but I would imagine you would get sued by the license holder for unlicensed use of a song in a commercial product or service. Weekend Confirmed's song is (partially?) made by the guy who's also running their recording booth and are friends with Garnett and co., so I assume they're using it for free.

Heel

Please, for the love of God, hire Jeff Green. A donation drive, one of those Kickstarter things...something, people!

Alucrid

Banned
I think for the most part the stuff they use in the videos they produce is music that they pay for from the audionetwork. The music there costs differing amounts depending on what purpose you're using it for so I wouldn't call their music "unlicensed". I think they rarely play a copywritten song in its entirety on their streams so they're probably okay to use youtube clips and other streaming services as long as they don't exceed a certain playtime.

Ah okay, thanks.

This is just a guess, but I would imagine you would get sued by the license holder for unlicensed use of a song in a commercial product or service. Weekend Confirmed's song is (partially?) made by the guy who's also running their recording booth and are friends with Garnett and co., so I assume they're using it for free.

Nah, Garnett usually has some electronic music track play in one of the breaks, not by the guy who works at the studio where they record.

Zaph

Me too but I doubt (well I doubt any of this is happening) that he would move to the USA :p
Judging by his twitter, he may be moving soon. Doubt he'll have much time for GB though, I imagine Gamespot will want to hold on to him with an iron fist, he's their best talent.

pelican

Are GB ever recruiting a new member of the team?

Not exactly the easiest thing for them to do, but you would imagine they would want to get back to being a 4 member team. I still enjoy the Bombcast, but it needs an active 4th chair. Drew comes across well, but doesn't really take part in the conversation.

Are GB ever recruiting a new member of the team?

Not exactly the easiest thing for them to do, but you would imagine they would want to get back to being a 4 member team. I still enjoy the Bombcast, but it needs an active 4th chair. Drew comes across well, but doesn't really take part in the conversation.

CBS probably won't let them. Jeff and Vinny occasionally joke about CBS not giving them the budget to hire new crew.

On that note, I think it would be cool if Rorie became a regular member on the bombcast. I liked him last week when he filled in for Brad.

do you know the story on how he came to own his blitz machine?

I don't. What's the story?

def sim

Rorie is talkative and has a cartoon-like demeanor. He's great for the podcast and I'm bummed he didn't stay after last week's.

There is only room for one Jeff at GB!!

Only way I could see someone on Greens experience / pay level coming over is if he is replacing Gerstmann.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom