• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Watching the Pathfinder video now. The fan artists are going to have a field day drawing the crew's guild based on Vinny's choice of miniatures.
From GB forums
2555355-screen+shot+2013-10-04+at+4.16.30+pm.png

Zornack

Apparently he already did Priscilla.

Hah, really? That makes Ian and Rorie bickering over how much to tell Vinny even more hilarious because it seems like he was playing it with the Dark Souls wiki on his iPad considering some of the stuff he has/done.

Just realized they didn't do a Wind Waker HD quick look. Why?

The disc just came out today, I bet there'll be one next week.

popo

Hah, really? That makes Ian and Rorie bickering over how much to tell Vinny even more hilarious because it seems like he was playing it with the Dark Souls wiki on his iPad considering some of the stuff he has/done.

Dunno. He played it close to launch I believe. There was obviously stuff on the internet but I doubt all the idiot proof step by step guides were available. Although I guess the official strategy guides get a lot of that info out there.

I think he was just pretty good at the game and not playing it for 2 years has left him both rusty and timid.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They actually mimicked the player animation quite well in 2k14. The free throws and dribbling aren't just a generic animation. It's not something a layman would notice though.

FStop7

Banned
What did GAF do? Didn't Brad and his guys just lose to the GAF crew? Didn't Brad always lose at DotA? Is it because he hates GAF and that made it hurt all the more.

Each loss was worse than the previous. The final game was a massacre. They had a prominent member of the DotA 2 community (Merlini) playing on their team and I think he was kind of put off by how things went.

Then they tried to cleanse their souls with pub games afterward and got worked again.

Each loss was worse than the previous. The final game was a massacre. They had a prominent member of the DotA 2 community (Merlini) playing on their team and I think he was kind of put off by how things went.

Then they tried to cleanse their souls with pub games afterward and got worked again.

Merlini didn't give a shit. At all. He's a chill enough dude.

Haunted

This is pretty amazing, someone made a Giant Bomb mod for Pac-Man CE DX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMiVK_Raud0
Yes!

Nah, Merlini was fine, I didn't get the impression that he minded that much. He's a pro and a pretty cool guy (and doesn't afraid of anything).

It was mostly Brad and the crew being depressed by how badly they were beaten by GAF - also, Brad is the kind of guy who really beats himself up over "letting someone down", even if he just perceived it as such.

Of course it didn't help that they lost three more pub games right after that! A rotten day of Dota for them, but eh, you've got those days in every sport, overcoming that and getting back into it is what defines athletes.

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

/phrasenschwein

Mr. F

Banned
Everyone looks bored as hell. At least now Drew knows what it feels like to watch him play.

kidding, kidding...sort of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom