• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, why fuck wouldn't you play as Royalty? Lowest starting soul level and best starting gear...

As long as he doesn't just Soul Arrow everything to death it'll be good.

For me personally, my enjoyment with Demon's Souls truly began when I decided to give up on Soul Arrow.

TraBuch

Banned
It's like the equivalent of getting the Drake Sword in Dark Souls. Sure, it makes the first few hours a lot easier, but it's a lot less satisfying.

As long as he doesn't just Soul Arrow everything to death it'll be good.

For me personally, my enjoyment with Demon's Souls truly began when I decided to give up on Soul Arrow.

It's only problematic in that it prevents you from building up the skills you need to progress later on.

LiK

Soul Arrow becomes way weaker later so it's not good for a long run unless Brad mains a magic user. Brad is gonna get killed very soon anyway.

Requeim

It's like the equivalent of getting the Drake Sword in Dark Souls. Sure, it makes the first few hours a lot easier, but it's a lot less satisfying.

This. The first advice i'd give to anyone starting out with these games is to avoid royal/drake sword. Beyond what you say, it's also way less entertaining to watch

Megasoum

Banned
Watching him play is infuriating... He's clearly WAYYYoverpowered and yet still runs away from small dudes he one shots seconds later.

Xater

I love that Vinny is fucking with Brad.

Also. Rad already realized that this game is a lot about patience, which is a good thing. That's the first step in becoming good in these games.

demidar

Yeah he did. He didn't do Path of the Valkyrie though, but I feel like the whole "you need to do this in one run" is pretty stupid.

Path of the Valkyrie is also pretty easy. Did you know on Path of the Valkyrie, you can kill the dragon boss in 1 second?

Ah well. I'd love to watch this but subscriber means shit all when I'm shaped.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I find it hilarious that everybody seems to be complaining about Brad being "slow" when before everybody was telling him to be patient and take his time.

komplanen

This is every single bit as amazing as I thought it'd be. I don't find him playing Royal boring at all and I personally feel I'd rather him beat through first couple of hours as fast as possible and then the real Demon's Souls begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom