• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh great. More premium content I couldn't care less about.
Between this, DOTA 2, Vinny's LOLS and Patrick's Spelunky, there's been so much wasted time (for me) on content this last 4-5 months.

Oh well, back to old bombcasts.

Actually, I do tell a slight lie and I do like the Volgarr streams

I love how GiantBombs videos are so stupid that when the stream came up, I thought they were just doing a joke on the opening bit from UPF, haha. Took me a second to notice it was just a replay of UPF :p

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I don't get how people can be so insatiable for watching people play the Souls games. I'm not saying its not great that he's playing it today, just that I figure people would get tired of it by now.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Between this, DOTA 2, Vinny's LOLS and Patrick's Spelunky, there's been so much wasted time (for me) on content this last 4-5 months.

If you aren't interested in the Spelunky streams based on not having a real interest in Spelunky, i'd still give them a shot. I wasn't really into it at forst. since i've never been into arcadey 2D platformers, but i've actually been finding all the obscure mechanical stuff super-interesting.

LiK

I don't get how people can be so insatiable for watching people play the Souls games. I'm not saying its not great that he's playing it today, just that I figure people would get tired of it by now.

You have no idea how many Souls LPs I watched on YT alone. Watching people die or play like a pro is always entertaining. It's always different.

Everyone's experience with a Souls game can be completely different in terms of playstyle.

Plus, most premium subscribers enjoy GB just for the personalities.

derFeef

Really like the games. Really tired of GB staff playing them... but guess their audience wants it. Hell, make a GnG BB - short but sweet.

The boss fights will be hilarious. Flamelurker? Maneater? The last boss? lolololol

OHOHOHOH black world tendency Satsuki! Holy fucking shit Brad is gonna go nuts.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Watching early discovery in a mechanically rich game is my favorite sort of video game game video to watch. Spelunky and Dark Souls are both incredibly entertaining for the way they find new ways to mess with new players while forcing them to learn or face endless frustration.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I love the first world of Demon's Souls. I wish there was an off-shoot Souls game that takes place almost solely in castle/town environs.

It has to do with the design of the games in that everyone's first playthrough is different even though it's technically all the same content so knowing what the upcoming challenges are builds anticipation for seeing how someone else tackles them.

LiK

What are you guys talking about? Demons Souls last boss is nothing. You guys are talking about a another boss amirite?

Zabant

Ok, must remember to go into this with the right mindset, Brad will fail, A LOT. But that's ok! must not get annoyed, must simply laugh.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
"So all of these stats are pretty much what you expect them to be. Vitality is your health, Intelligence is... Endurance is how much you can carry."

valeo

Lucky I love all of this content :p Spelunky has been the most surprisingly enjoyable watch. Had no interest in it prior.

Like anything, they aren't always going to tailor to your specific interests. Maybe you should think about not renewing for now..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom