• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I wonder, did the Squarespace ad thing just fall through or something? I haven't had ads on the last two Bombcasts and I didn't download the Premium streams.

They said the ads are taking a vacation, so maybe they're looking at the numbers and seeing if the ads are viable or not.

You usually don't sign up with "just" Squarespace. There's an advertiser list for podcasts that, if you meet a minimum threshold of listeners, you get paid from those advertisers. So even if something happened with Squarespace, one of the others like Stamps.com or Statefarm would step in.

I really liked how everybody kind of just instantly jumped in on Vinny's semi-joking suggestion to jump into a Games Of The Generation list. Made me tingle in anticipation for the Game Of The Year podcasts.

Mr. F

Banned
Watching the Quick Look I haven't played Wind Waker in a while but I'm pretty sure you can stop the boat when cruising.

edit; yeah it looks like the B button changes prompts to hit the brakes when you're cruising. dat Shoemaker observation.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
PS3 Dark Souls 2 beta multi use code for us accounts:

2QMR-TNNA-G7BN

Those who can, please, engage into some...

t9Cn9.png

Jintor

By the way, I have a member subscription (I can see subscriber vids and everything) for a year, why am I still seeing ads on GB pages? (Not video ads, just ad ads)

Xater

Oh man, Rorie said that Pathfinder will become a weekly thing. So awesome. Premium content is finally great again.

popo

Another passive-aggressive gem from Jeff's tumblr. I love that sign off. No suggestions about what they should do, these opportunities they are apparently squandering, just "do something meaningful". Like your dad saying - what are you doing with your life you lazy piece of shit? :D

Anonymous asked:i think the major flaw your site has is that it refuses to change. can you name one piece of content this year your site has produced that wasn't just the status quo ? your site has the potential for greatness and i just see the opportunities constantly being squandered go do something meaningful

Mully

I'm sure this question has been asked so feel free to yell at me for my laziness, but is there going to be a Big Live Live Show Live this year?

I just got charged my annual fee from GB and I'm wondering if they'll have a day devoted to getting more subscribers like they have done for a few years now.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm sure this question has been asked so feel free to yell at me for my laziness, but is there going to be a Big Live Live Show Live this year?

I just got charged my annual fee from GB and I'm wondering if they'll have a day devoted to getting more subscribers like they have done for a few years now.

No show this year.

They had kind of a crazy summer and they have 2 big console launch in a month so no shows.

Xater

I think right now they are producing more than enough premium content to be an incentive to subscribe. Having it right on the front page as a tease is also clever. ;)

Chuck

Still without luck
I was looking at the Skyward Sword wikipedia page, and I noticed that even though it has about 30 reviews listed, Giant Bomb is still no where to be found in this area on wikipedia. Surely they are large enough to be posted on here, right? Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Zaph

they charge too much for what you get IMO
It's about a dollar a week.

Put that in perspective of other digital goods - it's a song download. Might even get you a DLC skin.

Unless you live in a second/third world economy, the price is more than fair.

LiK

Put that in perspective of other digital goods - it's a song download. Might even get you a DLC skin.

Exactly. Hours of entertainment. Pretty much all their Premium content now is fantastic.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

The vast majority of good content is free. If it was $30 yearly I'd say it's a good deal just for unprofessional fridays. I'm glad it's not, but most of the good stuff is not behind a paywall. It's not that it's crazy expensive as is, I just never felt like it was money well spent for the relatively small amount of good content you get. Spookin With Scoops, Breaking Brad, Jar Time are not worth paying any amount of money for to me. And to put that in perspective like you said, Netflix is $8 a month.

^just my opinion

Xater

especially if you figure in how many hours of content you are now getting every week. It looked bleak in the summer but right now the value is amazing. People sometimes forget that it#s not just video stuff that's premium but also premium podcasts.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
for some reason, hearing that Wind Waker was the reason Brad bought a Wii U sent me into a deep, deep depressive state for reasons I can't quite articulate

Xater

for some reason, hearing that Wind Waker was the reason Brad bought a Wii U sent me into a deep, deep depressive state for reasons I can't quite articulate

I think I rolled my eyes at that. I don't get it, but hey it's his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom