• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #6 | You'd be hard pressed to find 10 better threads this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

iyTunteLUksw7.gif

popo

Jeff answering the two most burning questions from this thread of late - what will we argue over now?

landonvanbus asked:Will TNT be making a return soon?

Jeff: Nope. We’d been talking about ditching and/or majorly retooling TNT for a year, easy.

Anonymous asked:TNT provided some of the most entertaining moments on the site (especially for games like Battlefield). Even a 1 once a month thing where you play a game with the audience (12 times a year) would be welcomed by a lot people.

Jeff: Yeah, I don’t think we’re done playing multiplayer games with people, but we’ll probably apply that format when it’s something we want to do, rather than force ourselves to find something to fill a multiplayer hole on a weekly basis.

Anonymous asked:Do you worry that one day CBSi will be all 'fuck it' and merge GB with Gamespot?

Jeff: It’s funny, because some people keep somehow expecting that to be the eventual case. But they’re over there thinking about launching more sites, not merging everything in.

Anyway, if that were to happen, it probably wouldn’t bother me because I probably wouldn’t be working here. Unless it was something super-big, like a TV hosting gig or something, creating content for a large, mainstream audience on a daily basis doesn’t really interest me that much these days.

Zornack

Abandoning TNT is a good choice. It was easily the weakest content they had and tended to be a tedious show.

Yeah, the best TNTs were when they were just messing around themselves anyways (Brad Muir, Fortune Street, Dave Lang, CAH, 3DO).

The greatest loss is no Vinny messing around with the stream, though.

Tan

Man this is becoming like 30minutes of coming up with a plan and then Brad charging RIGHT at him.

Game looks incredible though, I really want to find the time to play this.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I wish they'd at least do something similar to TNT, even if it doesn't involve the community. Make like one of the many premium things available to everyone. Or make older premium vids viewable to everyone at a later date.

Non-premium members basically just get quick looks and like a monthly mailbag now.

M3z_

Fuck TNT

I don't get the weirdos who feel a burning desire to sneak into a multiplayer game with one of the GB crew on a TNT. Especially when 90% of the time they are playing a game they have barely played, have no real interest in, and are showing no actual interest in the people they are playing with. That show always seemed like pandering to the lamest of internet crushes.

Sometimes it would create good moments for someone like me who just wants to see their brand of comedy, but mostly it was just stale and forced.

Tucah

you speak so well
I honestly don't miss TNT at all but I do wish there was some sort of consistent Thursday stream. If only Pathfinder was a weekly feature...

def sim

Yeah, the best TNTs were when they were just messing around themselves anyways (Brad Muir, Fortune Street, Dave Lang, CAH, 3DO).

Somewhat open games like Battlefield or Dead Island with the cast were also good. The latter might as well have been a different feature altogether.

If they want to bring back multiplayer with the community that differentiates itself from TNT, they're going to have to give members a more active role in the show. Interact and coordinate with them. Personally, I expect it to be a disaster.

popo

jesus they could've ripped off polygon a LITTLE less obviously with the gamespot redesign.

The scores with the circle over the thumbnail are a straight lift but I really don't see many other similarities. All these responsive design sites kinda look similar anyway. Lots of rectangles and squares they can stretch and drop to fit different screen widths.

It actually looks less like GB than I thought it would. Even if you didn't know they shared a designer I think you could tell but it has its own layout and features.

I think most people will agree it is many times batter than the old mess of a site at the very least. That was so early 2000's.

The TNT stuff was expected and made easier due to recent events

Everyone assumed they were bored of the format and circumstances led then to finally kill it. Nice to have the official word on it though.

I honestly don't miss TNT at all but I do wish there was some sort of consistent Thursday stream. If only Pathfinder was a weekly feature...

They couldn't do it this week but Rorie said the intent was weekly. I think the only hinderence will be getting everyone to commit. There are vacations, events, deadlines, etc and I am sure Dave will weeks he can't make it.

Zaph

Would be great if they just alternated Thursdays between Pathfinder and local multiplayer games.

How many years were they doing TNT for? You can literally count the ones worth watching on one hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom